MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

I think the easiest way to get money is just running around and obsessively hunting down the gold sparkley bits on the ground. About 1/3 to 1/2 of those give me raw money, sometimes in the multiple thousands.

Aside from that, you can also resort to selling other items you pick up, but I wouldn't recommend it, since unless you know exactly what you're selling off, you might regret it later.

The one you want for the races in the first area is named Yue, I think it's the south-western most building. The bandit ships hover over all of them, and you can't land in a combat situation, so you have to take out the ones there.

Don't get too overzealous killing them though, because later quests actually tell you to hunt bandits, and you can run out of stuff to hunt. Later, a few more bandit ships spawn in places where you can ignore them, so I'd suggest leaving at least a few to keep spawning bandit fighters to kill.

I'm pretty sure the VF-25 armor pack blueprint requires bandit hunting, but I couldn't find any when I got the quest, because I killed them all off early in the game. :p

no to the F25 armor quest i have kill enemies in a dongeon

but i have another red lv 38 quest to kill 15 enemies to have VF19F in reward in chapter 7,i search more than 1h and do not found,maybe it was bandit??,i everitime kill them when i come in map,i wonde if there will have other in chapter 8/9,i have take time to do all quest it would be frustring if i can not do just this one

I just did red quest in a dungeon, so that might be the case with a lot of reds.

I also need help on a green quest I got from Cleef Town in the Sierra Desert. I believe it's the first green quest you can get from that town after the Hunter Guild is available again. I have one of the items but I don't think it's in my inventory or in storage and I can't find the other. It's the quest to get the VF-19A plans.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Well, ok, personally, if you're worried about getting good aircraft, skip those for now.

Many of the aircraft really are nothing special, and become outclassed VERY quickly.

If you're working on completing all of them though, yeah, it's going to be a pain to figure out these quests until someone translates the descriptions to tell you exactly what you have to do. I have given up on a good number of them, and gotten lucky on a few where I already had the items.

I've got the VF-11C, YF-19, and now the VF-19F but it wont let me craft them I have the material that they require. can any one help me if you have gotten this far.

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

I think I posted a longer summary of the crafting system a page or so back, but here's a quick rundown.

K, you basically have 3 types of parts, I can't tell what each type is, but they're divided into red, green, and blue categories.

Each part has a point value, generally going between 1 and 12 from what I've seen.

When you craft a valk, you've got 3 point totals you have to reach, one for each color category.

On the crafting menu, you can switch between four tabs. The first shows all your parts in all categories, with blue first, green second, red third. The other three tabs will limit the display to just one color category each.

For a valk to be built, you need to go through your part listing, and using the arrow keys, add parts that will contribute points in each category.

The trick is, it's kind of a math problem, but it's usually not difficult, because you don't have to be exact. All you need to make sure is that you fulfill all the required point totals in the three categories without going over the part limit, which is the "XX/50" display above the category totals.

So, for example.. I think I made something that needed 35 points in each category last night. A couple ways to build that would be:

1. 7 blue, green, and red items worth 5 points each, totaling 21 parts (a nice even distribution)

2. 4 blues worth 9 points each (36), 6 green worth 6 points each (36) and 18 red parts worth 2 points each (36), total of 28 parts

What would not work though, is the following:

18 blue parts worth 2 points (36), 18 green parts worth 2 points (36) and 18 red parts worth 2 points (36), total of 54 parts.

While it satisfies the individual categories, it goes over the limit of 50 parts total.

This gets tricky once you get to higher level and rank valks, because the points required in each category go up significantly, sometimes into the 150-ish range from what I've seen. That means, in order to meet the requirements without going over the 50 part limit, you need LOTS of the higher level parts that drop from higher level enemies, because they're worth 10-12 points a piece.

If you can avoid it, don't use up any parts worth 10 or higher points until chapter 8. You'll want to save those to make the VF-25S, which is easy to get, and a good plane to stick with until you get a YF-29, or the YF-30.

Bottom line is, you're going to have to kill a lot of targets and collect a lot of parts from chests/drops to make the higher rank aircraft.

Don't know if this is the right spot to ask but I saw someone say there is a group special attack but I cant figure that out I can only do my own or have my wingmen do there

special, is there one? Also does any one have any clue what these two task are below? I cant figure them out the other took a lot of trial and error but now I finally got Roys and the regular VF1S and all there packs.

th_IMG_20130308_124902_136_zpsed128a8e.j

th_IMG_20130308_124919_935_zps85a8daf3.j

EDIT Found it finally a hidden base near your ship at that chapter has the items.

And gotta love the double strike pack special move :)

Edited by Sorata

I fiddled with the soundtracks last night, seeing if I can replace the background music tracks, and sadly, the only parts you can replace are the songs sung by the characters for plot events and special attack combos. (Was really hoping to throw some classic SDFM battle tracks in there, but oh well.. maybe next game they make will let you do that. ^_^)

Personally.. while I understand the tracks used (except for two), I think they really don't fit the mood in many cases. So, just for fun, here's the listing of tracks I wound up replacing, and their replacements.

1. Whatever the name of the track that Sara Nome uses: I used "Mystic Air," which is track 11 on the Macross Zero Soundtrack 2. Arkan Pt. II works as well, but I liked this one better for the lack of lead in.

2. (NOT) Voices: Obviously, the real thing from the Macross Plus soundtrack. Personally, I used the a capella version. Sad they couldn't get the original for the game.

3. Don't be Late: If I had the a capella version of Northern Cross from the second Frontier movie, I'd use that, but for now I've got "Shinkyuu no Diamond Crevasse" going for Sheryl.

4. Seikan Hikou: Replaced with "Aimo (Tori no Hito version)." It actually syncs up beautifully in the cutscene where Ranka starts singing.

I think that's all I changed (might have substituted a different track for one of Basara's songs). Just changing those few really changes the mood of the places where they get used, and even not understanding the plot, I think it improves those scenes quite a bit.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan of a capella versions. :p I think for everyone except Fire Bomber, it just fits much better, because they're obviously not dragging around a full recording studio band/orchestra with them for backup. (Sharon gets a pass too, since she's basically a sentient MP3 player :p)

I might be tempted to replace Minmay's track with "Ai Wa Nagareru" at some point, but the theme from DYRL is so iconic, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

K, you basically have 3 types of parts, I can't tell what each type is,

but they're divided into red, green, and blue categories.

Each part has a point value, generally going between 1 and 12 from what I've seen.

Remember, parts from the actual matching plane are worth much much more, so try not to use all your VF-171 parts on a VF-0. Save em for the VF-171 plans unless you have a ton extra.

If an ally gets you know...killed how can you bring them back.

I'm on the snow place already and I'm confused what that big thing is that has the big eye like thing.

And it was Guld Bowman that died on me. :p

And also, I'm having trouble gathering parts from other Valks, Dayus, and Zentradi. I'm trying to create a VF-11C, YF-19, YF-25 Prophecy, and a VF-25A/G.

Also is there a way to get a Striker Booster for VF-1 Valks?

I've been playing for 31:13:12 in the past week :D

Just got the VF-19F, YF-21 Strumvoggle, and the VF-171! :PAnd also when do you meet Hikaru Ichijyo?Also, Is Roy Focker in the game?

Unfortunately no. Fokker is not in the game. This was confirmed by Bandai Namco several weeks before the game came out.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan of a capella versions. :p I think for everyone except Fire Bomber.....

Semi off topic, but Chie Kajiura's acapella cover of Voices might change your mind on the Fire Bomber stuff. Unfortunately it's never been released. Edited by Tochiro

I think I posted a longer summary of the crafting system a page or so back, but here's a quick rundown.

K, you basically have 3 types of parts, I can't tell what each type is, but they're divided into red, green, and blue categories.

Hi Everyone ! Do you know how to have the red pieces ?

I Can't unlock my VF because i haven't red pieces ?

Can you help me ?

Unfortunately no. This was confirmed by Bandai Namco several weeks before the game came out.

Semi off topic, but Chie Kajiura's acapella cover of Voices might change your mind on the Fire Bomber stuff. Unfortunately it's never been released.

So theres no Striker Booster for DYRL VF-1S Hikaru Special ?

So theres no Striker Booster for DYRL VF-1S Hikaru Special ?

It has. There are Super Pack (TV), Strike Pack (DYRL) and Double Strike Pack (Game Original, the Twin Laser Cannon one) for the whole VF-1 series in the game.

Edited by Moeflyer

Ok, been grinding my face into the guild quests, and been having a surprising amount of success now, because I discovered a few things.

First, there should be 10 races at each of the bases with them. You start with three, and the other seven are unlocked by other guild quests. They're the ones that say "LvX" in the name. I was missing several blueprints all this time because I didn't have all the races unlocked. The VF-1 strike pack, and the YF-21 fast packs are both available from the first region races. The YF-21's is nasty, but the VF-1 strike pack is easy to get.

Second.. those red quests. I was driving myself crazy trying to find out where I had to go to get the kills they wanted..

It's in the freaking quest name.

If you aren't going after a named target like a Regult, or VF of some type, you probably have a generic name that looks like バンデット. That's not the important part.

Look at the quest name, and then look at your map. The name might match up with a specific cave/base area on the map, and that's exactly where you need to go.

This didn't even occur to me until it slapped me in the face. I figured I would just try every cave, and see where I got credit for the kills.. Cue massive facepalm when I noticed that the name of the cave I was in (named in English mind you) sounded suspiciously close to the unknown enemy I thought I was looking for. Sure enough, I got credit for all the kills easily.

So yeah. If you don't have a named target that you recognize, check for a cave area that matches the name.

There are a few tutorials on youtube on how to do this. I've used one to great success (it was awhile ago and can't find it now).

Here is a link to one on how to do it through the PC -

The key is to make as simple a password as you can and write it down.

I've been using my account for Gundam Vs DLC mostly.

I tried this, the sign up on the PC went fine, but when I tried to log into the new account on my PS3 it told me I can's sign in using another users account :(

Graham

I tried this, the sign up on the PC went fine, but when I tried to log into the new account on my PS3 it told me I can's sign in using another users account :(

Graham

Maybe try creating the account directly from the PS3? Thats how Ive always done it (and I have about 4 accounts or so...)

I apologize if there's any misunderstanding, but I really don't get what spoilers you're referring to.

If you're talking about what types of valks are available, there's nothing to spoil, because the game teases you constantly with the loading screens showing all the stuff you can unlock. :p

I couldn't spoil the plot if I tried, because I don't even understand it. :lol:

Ok, so on the plus side, I was able to unlock a few things due to finally understanding the quests. The races are still a pain to unlock though, because I cannot find the drops needed to unlock them... I'm wondering if you actually have to pass earlier races to do it.

The item I need is an "Ouroboros Stone," or ウロボロス石. I have 6 of them from somewhere, but I can't find any more in the map where I got the quest. So, I'm going to head back to the other maps and check if races give those out as rewards.

Edit: K, the good news is, I found them. The bad news is, yes, the game will give you multi-region fetch quests. The quest came from region 3, but I'm finding all the items I need in region 1.

Edited by Chronocidal

Someone should write out a button control type C list so its there for everyone instead of scourging replys for bits and peices of button layouts and their function.

I'd do it myself but I havent got the game yet,hoping it arrives on monday. :)

The bad news is, yes, the game will give you multi-region fetch quests. The quest came from region 3, but I'm finding all the items I need in region 1.

I knew it! I bet this item I need for VF-19A plans is in the Yulia Islands, even though I got the quest from Maricone Hill in the desert!

Someone should write out a button control type C list so its there for everyone instead of scourging replys for bits and peices of button layouts and their function.

I'd do it myself but I havent got the game yet,hoping it arrives on monday. :)

t would be fantastic.

Before actually trying to get into the game, I'm waiting for someone to translate the control layout for control schemes A B & C.

Honestly just based on the opening movie and first tutorial mission I'm not really blown away. Guess I'm getting too old and jaded.

Graham

Eh, don't worry about the tutorial, it's pretty simple, and just meant to teach the controls. Sadly, you can't skip it, and have to repeat it every time you do a new playthrough of the story mode.

Anyway, I've only been using control type C, but I can break it down here.

Left Stick: Steering/Strafing. Clicking it will bring up a sniper mode view over the shoulder.

Right Stick: Dedicated camera. You can toggle some extra HUD info off and on by clicking it.

Directional Pad: Transformation control. Up for fighter, left/right for gerwalk, down for battroid.

Ok, the buttons get fun.

X: Basically, your jump/boost key. In fighter, it's a speed boost. In gerwalk, it's your ascend/descend control (press and hold once for up, double tap to drop). In battroid, it gives you a limited jump/hover.

Circle: This one gets fun. It opens your weapons selection menu. Once open, the four face buttons each are set for a different function, and once clicked, the menu automatically closes again.

After clicking it once, you get the following options:
- Triangle, Circle, and X will all select a different current main weapon (main meaning not gunpod). These weapons vary by valk, so the buttons won't always mean the same thing. Generally, you'll get two types of missiles, and a head laser or beam gun of some type.
- Square switches gunpod modes. It just toggles between standard gatling fire, and a charged beam shot similar to Michael's VF-25G rifle.

Triangle: Normal functionality is as an airbrake in fighter mode. In gerwalk and battroid, it functions as your melee attack button. The attacks vary by plane some, but they usually have a very short range.

Square: Mostly a "dodge" key. In fighter, it'll do quick maneuvers like barrel rolls, and hard brakes if you pull back on the stick. It's dependent on stick input in general. If you just press it, the fighter does a snap roll. In gerwalk, it acts more as a boost function, because it will let you slide forward, back, or side to side quickly. In battroid, I believe it's used to dodge, but I haven't used battroid much to practice this.

Shoulder Buttons: These I don't know as well, because I know they're used in combo attacks and special moves. I only know the basic functions well.
L1: Functions a lot like the Z-trigger in Ocarina of Time. Place the reticle near a target, and this will lock onto it while held, locking the view onto the target. It also activates more first-person-shooter controls for gerwalk, changing the standard "fly the direction the stick is pressed" into a forward/backward/left/right strafing. Clicking it repeatedly cycles through targets.

L2: Special Actions. Combined with other buttons, you get a special boost or attack. Only real combos I know are using that plus either boost or brake. L2+X gives a massive short speed boost, L2+Triangle basically gives you the classic half-gerwalk full stop brake (for fighter). L2+Triangle in gerwalk or battroid activates a charged melee attack I think.

R1: Pretty much your gunpod trigger. I don't think it does anything else.

R2: Missile/Secondary Weapon trigger. Depending on what ammo you have selected, it'll function in a couple ways. Rapid fire micro missiles will just unload continuously while you hold it down. Multi-targeting ones will assign targets while held, then fire on release.

In practice, I rarely use battroid for anything. I tend to split my time between gerwalk and fighter mostly, depending on how much space I have to move around. When in gerwalk though, I nearly exclusively hold down L1, even if there's nothing to target, because it locks the controls into strafe mode. The normal gerwalk steering is just plain useless, because you can't actually pivot in place. Switch directions quickly, and you actually have to turn in a big circle to go the other way, which makes collecting items on the ground incredibly annoying.

If there was one change I would make to the controls, it would be to make gerwalk permanently steer like a first person shooter, because it's far more useful that way.

Note, there's more to the controls than I'm mentioning, because I don't use the combo attacks much at all. The one I do know and use is pressing Circle + Triangle, and I only do it because activating your own special attack is one way to avoid getting nailed by an enemy one. It seems like all special attacks give you a short invulnerability window, so unloading your own attack is basically a cheap and easy way to dodge a potentially lethal combo.

Edited by Chronocidal

I knew it! I bet this item I need for VF-19A plans is in the Yulia Islands, even though I got the quest from Maricone Hill in the desert!

This quest is giving me a fit too I have had the item but don't know where to turn it in as I went to all the bases in the desert and none will let me get it. Ill try turning it in at the island bases and see how that goes.

EDIT OKAY GOT IT! Not sure where I got the item the islands or Desert as I have never back tracked to a region yet for anything but I search area multiple times before I clear each chapter to build up items, anyway you have to turn it in to the SDFN-8. Now I have the YF-19, VF-19A, VF-19F and VF-19S :) And boy did the past region get a bunch of new quest.

Side note you guys probably know it already but I do think I saw a guy asking but you get blueprints that rank up your craft from quest too.

Edited by Sorata

Ok, been grinding my face into the guild quests, and been having a surprising amount of success now, because I discovered a few things.

First, there should be 10 races at each of the bases with them. You start with three, and the other seven are unlocked by other guild quests. They're the ones that say "LvX" in the name. I was missing several blueprints all this time because I didn't have all the races unlocked. The VF-1 strike pack, and the YF-21 fast packs are both available from the first region races. The YF-21's is nasty, but the VF-1 strike pack is easy to get.

Second.. those red quests. I was driving myself crazy trying to find out where I had to go to get the kills they wanted..

It's in the freaking quest name.

If you aren't going after a named target like a Regult, or VF of some type, you probably have a generic name that looks like バンデット. That's not the important part.

Look at the quest name, and then look at your map. The name might match up with a specific cave/base area on the map, and that's exactly where you need to go.

This didn't even occur to me until it slapped me in the face. I figured I would just try every cave, and see where I got credit for the kills.. Cue massive facepalm when I noticed that the name of the cave I was in (named in English mind you) sounded suspiciously close to the unknown enemy I thought I was looking for. Sure enough, I got credit for all the kills easily.

So yeah. If you don't have a named target that you recognize, check for a cave area that matches the name.

So the Striker Parts are on the moist lake with the SDFN-8? Also what happens if I get all bronze will it give me the Striker Parts?

I find the best use of the Super Move is to take out inconvenient Bandit ships. It took me an hour to remember I could do that, it really speeds up clearing them.

On Gerwalk controls: Does anyone know how to lose altitude without changing modes? Sometimes you want to use terrain for cover or drop down to pick up a drop, but right now the only way I can do that is transform into battroid.