Orguss hair and James Cameron's Avatar hair

dakedo

I am just watching Orguss and noticed the hairs of some of the characters belonging to the ah Emarns race, I think thats the name I may be wrong.

Anyway, anyone else thinks Jame Cameron took the idea from Orguss for the blue species' hair in Avatar?

The hair moves by itself and seems to have a deep meaning like showing feelings between the Emarns.

post-6172-0-32876400-1361851847_thumb.png

post-6172-0-19848900-1361851894_thumb.png

post-6172-0-18431900-1361853199.jpg

post-6172-0-44996300-1361853645_thumb.png

Edited by dakedo

Had to start watching Orguss again, it's been so so long.

Wow. It didn't occur to me how similar it is to the plot of the Macross 30 game.

Planet where other worlds connect, with space time disruptions, and basically cannot leave the atmosphere.

Mmmmm Mimsy tentacles.
mikimoto004.jpg

Edited by Kaldar5

Keith, where's the link to where you discussed this previously? Point the guy to the previous conversation.

If you find the link I would like to read what others said.

Had to start watching Orguss again, it's been so so long.

Wow. It didn't occur to me how similar it is to the plot of the Macross 30 game.

Planet where other worlds connect, with space time disruptions, and basically cannot leave the atmosphere.

I mentioned that in the podcast!

It's a joke. Keith coming out of the wood work with his "of course" when the truth is that no one thinks of Orguss.... ever.

Hey, I do! IMO, Orguss is awesome, much better than that Mospeada show that everyone seems to adore.

Hey now, thems fightin' words!

Bring it on! What are ya, Yellow?? :p

Seriously, though, I never got what was so great about that show. It's not bad, I guess, but Orguss always seemed much more interesting to me.

To me, Artmic really hit their stride later on, with Megazone, Gall Force, Bugglegum, etc...

Thanks to this thread I've started watching Orguss for the first time. The main character is a major switch from the Hikaru mindset, more like Focker really (only up to episode 2 so if things change I'll find out later).

It's a great series. Hope you enjoy it!

Oops, double post.

Since I'm here, I always thought it'd be cool to get a bunch of 1/144 orgus kits and make a properly scaled Glomar to put them in. Complete with the VF-1J crates.

Edited by Kelsain

I found this video about space elevators and how it could be possible to build one developing our baby nano-technology

It astonishes me how Orguss used the idea 30 years ago!!

I found this video about space elevators and how it could be possible to build one developing our baby nano-technology

It astonishes me how Orguss used the idea 30 years ago!!

Arthur C Clarke (I think) came up with the idea in the sixties or seventies. It has been around for a long time. The material science is only just getting into the hypothetical "we can see this happening" stage now but the idea has been around for a while.

Arthur C Clarke (I think) came up with the idea in the sixties or seventies. It has been around for a long time. The material science is only just getting into the hypothetical "we can see this happening" stage now but the idea has been around for a while.

Quite interesting !

I was also seeing in another video with Mr Neil Tyson, he comments it was a common idea in the 60s