Do YF-21 Fast Packs Fit The VF-22?

Benson13

Just a bit of trivia that doesn't really answer the question, but apparently the VF-22S is supposed to have integrated FAST pack elements without the need to attach or remove parts, unlike the YF-21 prototype.

Well that's just crap. I want to be able to spend money on something extra to make my toy complete. Who wants something "integrated".

Edited by Benson13

here she is. Havent touched her in a year. As soon as I looked at her she didnt want to stand up anymore. :huh:

You know, one of the few uses of the Gundam Action Base 2 stand is that it works pretty well to hold up a YF21 and VF22 in battroid mode.

Edited by CoreyD

I still need to find a 21 for a good price. I wish I could've gotten one with a stand but they tend to be pretty expensive. Are there any differences between the 21 with the armor and stand and the renewal?

No difference at all, just the absence of the super parts and clear stand. The box size wasn't reduced from the original size either

Comparing my two samples of old and new, the renewal feels a little tighter but that was owed to the luck of the draw

Just got my first YF-21 and have a few questions for you guys.

Is the cockpit door supposed to stay open like the VF-1 and newer valks? Mine doesn't, not at all. There is no resistance, friction at all that would keep the door open.

Rear retracting wheels, they don't lock, and they are generally pretty loose. If I have fighter mode rolls backwards they pretty much retract automatically.

The wings seem to be just holding up by friction in fighter mode, does this get loose over time resulting in droopy wings?

I understand this is an older mold but have to say I'm a little disappointed with the above issues. I want to make sure that it's not us to me getting a defective unit. Havent even checked out the transformation yet.

The canopy will generally hold itself open when "opened really really far" but not really in a "normal" opened position.

The landing gear issue is guaranteed with this mold.

Wing drooping--varies from box to box, batch to batch. LOOSENING the screws a fraction near the hinge can help. (if they're over-tight, the plastic tends to bend apart) (plus the standard superglue/nailpolish fixes)

Thanks for the info/tips guys. I feel better knowing its not just my unit. Yamato really has come a long way with no minor issues like these for the most part for newer molds. Now just hope Arcadia keeps it up!

I don't think the canopy on mine stays open no

matter what position though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Now I'm a little worried about my VF-22 Gamlin that's on the way here...

I wouldn't stress prematurely, my Gamlin is fine and I'm at least the second owner of it.

• 2 months later...

The canopy will generally hold itself open when "opened really really far" but not really in a "normal" opened position.

The landing gear issue is guaranteed with this mold.

Wing drooping--varies from box to box, batch to batch. LOOSENING the screws a fraction near the hinge can help. (if they're over-tight, the plastic tends to bend apart) (plus the standard superglue/nailpolish fixes)

Sorry when I dig up this thread but my VF-22S Max Type arrived and the canopy does not want to stay open. I noticed that the canopy is hinged but even if I pull on the hinge the it won't stay open. Is there any kind of indication that the canopy is in the right position? I'm worried that I break the hinge if I try to pull it further.

Thanks.

This is as far as my VF-22's windshield opens.

IMG_20130603_155429_526_zps24ec5f8e.jpg

Sorry when I dig up this thread but my VF-22S Max Type arrived and the canopy does not want to stay open. I noticed that the canopy is hinged but even if I pull on the hinge the it won't stay open. Is there any kind of indication that the canopy is in the right position? I'm worried that I break the hinge if I try to pull it further.

Thanks.

I don't have any issues with my YF-21 or VF-22 M&M front landing gear door.

Altough, my VF-22S Millia came a bit floppy out of the box compared to the YF-21, VF-22S Max

Maybe she was spending to much time with Max.

I've got...12 total of the 21/22 mold and no issues with the landing bay doors or cockpit so far. A couple of the wings are a tad loose but that can be fixed. Can't be bothered to dig the majority of them out of storage again though...

GU-11 you may want to make sure the knees are fully retracted.