Destiny, new game from Bungie

Mr March

it has been done, the first fireteam to complete the Vault of Glass raid. It took 11 hours, 5733 combined kills, and an estimated 1600 total deaths. And that was on normal mode.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/511972115776425984/photo/1

well played bungie, well played.

Edited by anime52k8

I'm working on the Bad Juju exotic weapon as well. 11/25 Strikes so far. Hoping to have the other 14 and the Crucible component done by Friday evening.

I'm only at like 3/25, but it's pretty easy since I can just play devil's lair on lvl 8 over and over. you won't be able to start the crucible component until you talk to Xûr, the exotic item merchant, who should be back Friday morning.

:edit:

btw, did you have to beat the weekly strike mission to complete the first part of the bounty? I'm not sure If I was reading it wrong, they nerfed it but didn't change the text, or if I somehow managed to glitch it, but I managed to clear the first part without actually finishing the weekly strike. I started the weekly strike with a group, but we couldn't beat it and decided to give up. From there we jumped into the lvl 22 strike playlist, and got put into a normal version of the same mission. We beat it and the second we killed the boss, the bounty popped.

Edited by anime52k8

~12 hours huh? Guys must have had a sh*t-bucket.

exact stats for the first two teams to finish:

http://destinydb.com/news/posts/15-primeguard-clears-the-vault-of-glass-raid

First place team:

• They died a combined total of 1,606 times
  • 5,733 kills happened during the clear
  • An average K/D Ratio of 3.59
  • 1,388 Precision Kills were performed
  • Successfully ressurected another Guardian 166 times
  • Their average lifespan was 2 minutes and 22 seconds

Second place:

• They died a combined total of 1,855 times.
  • 7,363 kills happened during the clear
  • An average K/D ratio of 4.11
  • 1,694 Precision Kills were performed
  • Successfully ressurected another Guardian 319 times
  • Their average lifespan was 2 minutes and 3 seconds.

and a text guide/walk-through for those wondering what goes on in there:

http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny/vault-glass-raid-guide/

and BTW, this is a 65 point achievement in game:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/destiny/achievement/89505-Flawless-Raider.html

Flawless raider: Complete a Raid without anyone in your fireteam dying.

bungie=massive trolls.

Edited by anime52k8

For anyone who doesn't get my sh*t-bucket-reference:

exact stats for the first two teams to finish:

'Took the 1st team just 10h:46m:03s and the 2nd team 12h:45m:52s.

:lol: Actually, this could be accomplished if you play a very quick and easy raid. Yeah, I know, there's a ridiculous small chance of that but that would be a way to get that achievement. They don't say how or where you do it, just that no one dies on a raid.

I feel like in the future, once people start publishing extensive video guides on this raid and everyone has level 27+ gear from other means, completion times half of that will be more common. That said, I have a feeling less than 1% of all destiny players will ever actually finish this raid.

Good news though, there's good loot after every section, so even if all you ever do is successfully get in the door each week (which sounds hard enough as it is), you'll still get some decent stuff.

Edited by anime52k8

Right. I think I'mma stay out of the Crucible for a while.

I was instrumental to the opposing team's victory just now. That's a special kinda incompetent.

I'm basically just ruining everyone else's fun, since there's no free-for-all mode available to me at present.

I was also terrible there, but I wasn't taking anyone else out with me.

Shame I can live with. The knowledge that I am actively ruining someone else's game, though?

If you are playing Destiny on PS3 and were randomly teamed up with me just now... I can but apologize.

I'm only at like 3/25, but it's pretty easy since I can just play devil's lair on lvl 8 over and over. you won't be able to start the crucible component until you talk to Xûr, the exotic item merchant, who should be back Friday morning.

btw, did you have to beat the weekly strike mission to complete the first part of the bounty? I'm not sure If I was reading it wrong, they nerfed it but didn't change the text, or if I somehow managed to glitch it, but I managed to clear the first part without actually finishing the weekly strike. I started the weekly strike with a group, but we couldn't beat it and decided to give up. From there we jumped into the lvl 22 strike playlist, and got put into a normal version of the same mission. We beat it and the second we killed the boss, the bounty popped.

We've been running the Level 24 "Vanguard Tiger" Strike playlist. Easy enough and lots of Vanguard marks and reputation. The Xur part works out well for me, since I don't feel like grinding THAT hard to get it done. Still, I will have it finished Friday evening. And yes, I did beat the weekly Strike to kick it off.

I feel like the cave in the cosmodrome is still easier, and involves less death.

so an observation on starting a new character in destiny. For one, it's a strange experience having crap guns and crap armor again. it's weird having death be an actual possibility against a level 3 boss.

also, am not sure if this is another glitch, but I've got both of my subclasses available to use at level 3, is that supposed to happen?

well, that's good to know.

Anyways, I have the dumbest problem ever; I've now got 3 exotic weapon bounties going at once, so I'm running out of room to do regular bounties. I've still got that one for thorn, (which I may or may not ever finish) I've got the one for Bad JuJu, which I'm on the last leg of, and I just received the one that gives Super Good Advice. Super good advice may have simultaneously the easiest and most tedious quest sequence ever, the first leg involves searching random loot chests on mars until a special weapon part finally pops out of one and The last leg then involves kill 500 hostile mobs with machine guns.

also, I bought an exotic engram from Xur and got a really badass looking chest-plate for my hunter. it's got a gold wolf head sculpted on it. I also bought the matching exotic rocket launcher he had.

so scratch that part about being increadibly tedious, I got the part I needed after two crates... :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

that's unfortunate. I've noticed most pulse rifles feel pretty poor for similar reasons plus bad recoil. I'm liking Super Good Advice out of the box. The rocket launcher feels like every other 2 shot rocket launcher in this game. both will really benefit from unlocking their special abilities though.

So.. i got a exotic bounty for bad juju.

Also i have enough to buy from xur just debating on what to get. Gauntlets for my war lock and the exotic engram. or just a chest piece for my hunter.

The engram cost motes of light, everything else costs strange coins; two different currencies. if you've got enough for each buy both. Also, buy the engram first, see what you get then buy your armor/weapon. you can't have two pieces of exotic armor equipped on the same character at the same time, so it would be a waste to have two pieces of warlock or two pieces of hunter.

Have a level 21 Hunter, but I'm done with this game. I understand its grindy, but it's a special kind of ridiculously boring grind. It annoys me to no end when I top my team, and the kiddos below me with 0.25 K/D's get exotics as a reward and I get absolutely nothing. I dunno, I don't think Destiny lived up to any of its promises :(

Is the speaker the only place to spend motes of light?

you can also buy exotic engrams from Xur with them. save them for the weekends and spend them on those, exotic gear will do you more good than a fancy cloak.

Well, I just made my first attempt at the Vault of Glass.

around 7:30, I got a party invite from a guy I had met earlier that day. I join up and once I entered party chat I find out that they were going to try and open the vault and wanted me to be their 6th man.

6 hours of blood, sweat, tears and dropped connections later, we had managed to get in, clear all 3 stages of the Templar boss fight, get past the gorgons, competed the jumping puzzles and gotten about half way through opening the gate to the final boss before we finally decided we were all to mentally drained to continue and decided to call it a night. I couldn't tell you how many mobs we killed, and I dread to think how many times we died. This was simultaneously the single most challenging, frustrating, infuriating, and utterly satisfying gaming experience I've ever had in my life. we didn't even manage to get to the final boss, and this still feels like a greater accomplishment than any game I've ever played before. It was brutal and we got are asses handed to us repeatedly, but every time we restarted we felt smarter and more confident and every time we finally cleared a checkpoint it was a time for mass celebration.

since it's officially Tuesday, all that progress has been whipped, but we plan to start the whole thing over again at the same time tonight. we'll be smarter about it, faster through it, and we'll be able to take breaks and manage ourselves much better. We will beat this.

and if you're wondering, for all that each person got 6 ascendent shards and 1 piece of badass raid gear.

Edited by anime52k8