Destiny, new game from Bungie

Mr March

Looks pretty. Is this the first PS4 game I purchase after finishing Infamous 2nd Son? MMO? Hardly ever play those but I have a PSN+ account so what the heck.

PSN: DangardAce

I've been calling it an MMOFPS, but that's being generous. I'm a veteran of three true MMOs, and this pales in comparison feature-wise. But that's all good with me. About third of my CoD clan (20 members signed up for the Destiny Clan as of the week before release) has set up shop in Destiny, and we should have ourselves a good time.

Edited by Duke Togo

They did account for it, and took it out of the equation by introducing the Traveler. Super-future technology terraforming FTW.

It would make more sense if they said the Traveller made THE MOON into a garden world, though.

But the Moon is still the Moon in Destiny. Magnificent desolation and all that. Gotta preserve it for future generations, I guess.

I will be there on PSN but probably not until Wed or Thurs at the earliest. Not into online gaming, but the beta really grabbed me so I'm picking up the Limited Edition.

Originally ordered the white PS4 bundle too and was going to sell my launch (with the Destiny copy from the bundle and a new DS4 that I bought), but will be on vacation so I decided to keep the cash for that instead. If it's still available in October, I will pick it up and sell the launch as originally planned.

PSN: trav54

think I'm gonna pass on this game....while the storymode I guess doesn't require PSPlus other online features do to really maximize your gaming experience. And with that I'm saying "naw".

:huh: ??? :huh:

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah, it's an MMO. It's not "other online features"; the whole bloody game is online. Just saying. Not to everyone's tastes, of course. But, it is what it is.

I don't mind online games. I just don't like paying a service that much unless I'm REALLY into it. for instance I was super pissed off after buying Titan fall and found out I had to have xbox live just to play it. should of done my research before I had bought it.

I digitally preordered online for a digital copy wrapped in a shiny box fulla cool things. Because I like shiny boxes more than I dislike waiting.

It's currently somewhere between Missouri and here in a digitally-powered truck.

I should have it at some point wednesday.

Did not stay up last night but got about 45 minutes in this morning before work. Nice to be able to just fire up the game. Oh man going from the 360 beta to the XB1 retail game was a purdyyyy upgrade. Loving this game. Changed my controls to COLD SHOULDER since that is what COD and Titanfall use. Makes it easier for me. Love stabbing guys with the Hunter blade.

Are the alternative control options different from the beta? In the beta I found all the other control schemes besides the default kind of awkward. (and this coming from someone who always uses the closest analog to cod controls in games).

first night observations:

The patrol area is a lot more wild west now. Drop ship reinforcements are more frequent, there are a lot more special yellow enemies, and the rocket yards are an all out war zone now.

Spinmetal is more common growing in the wild, and shows up in loot creates, but you no longer get it from assassination missions during explore, so that kind of sucks.

random drops seem to be more weighted towards common guns than they used to, and weighted against random engrams than they were in the beta.

There are more bounties, which is good as you'll need to do a lot of them to make any reputation progress.

I don't know if this is a change or not, but I've noticed that the hand cannon's feel a lot better than the one's I used in the beta. all the one's I've picked up have ludicrous headshot multipliers. (like 90 base damage with a 304 crit).

it took 4 hours to get to level 9 last night, I'm basically back to where I was in the beta in terms of guns and armor but my skill tree is less than half way their.

also, I still don't know what the hell ascendent shards do.

Edited by anime52k8

:D I got it for free today I was like "WOW REALLY?!" a friend had preordered it on Xbox One but they were all sold out so he told them he'd take the PS4 though he didn't have it. I told him he should of hit Walmart they had a midnight release so he went there after work and got his copy and just handed me his PS4 saying it was to much of a pain in the ass to take it back cause he had already opened the wrapping. I bought him lunch as a thank you.

In other news, little bummed I couldn't keep my Beta character but I'll live. I went with an unorthodox move for someone like myself and skipped being a Titan and went Warlock. It's VERY different for me.

holly balls, the moon strike mission is HARD.

:edit:

anyways, some later game observations:

I just ticked over level 17 recently, and I've a couple interesting changes. For one, loot drops have increased signifigantly, and with much better stuff (everything is uncommon or better, no standard stuff). I've also had a new playlist show up in my fast travel map; I can now join strike random strike missions at level 18 (hard), 20 (very hard), and 22 (impossible). there's also a blank 4th spot so there may be even harder instances, or maybe that'll be a slot for matchmaking raids.

Edited by anime52k8

holly balls, the moon strike mission is HARD.

:edit:

anyways, some later game observations:

I just ticked over level 17 recently, and I've a couple interesting changes. For one, loot drops have increased signifigantly, and with much better stuff (everything is uncommon or better, no standard stuff). I've also had a new playlist show up in my fast travel map; I can now join strike random strike missions at level 18 (hard), 20 (very hard), and 22 (impossible). there's also a blank 4th spot so there may be even harder instances, or maybe that'll be a slot for matchmaking raids.

Yeah there was 3 hunters and we did the Moon Strike and all I could hope was that someone would quit so we could have a Titan for backup.

I need better gear...I am a Hunter.

yeah, I just ran it again as a lvl 20 hunter with a lvl 19 Titan and a lvl 21 warlock. we did much better, although we all died at lest 3~4 times each during the boss fight, but at least we didn't have to do a checkpoint.

yeah, I just ran it again as a lvl 20 hunter with a lvl 19 Titan and a lvl 21 warlock. we did much better, although we all died at lest 3~4 times each during the boss fight, but at least we didn't have to do a checkpoint.

LOL - wow!

I'm only at level 3, I guess I need to start clocking some serious hours so I can keep up with the Joneses.

-b.

Some high ranking help would be greatly appreciated (on XB1). FYI weekly heroic strikes (level 22 strikes with special modifiers) are no matchmaking.

Dang, sorry then because I only have PS4 for this gen systems.

XB1 maybe by December.

-b.