concert bound! Going to Macross Crossover Live 30!

Well, both myself and the rest of the Macross SpeakerPODcast crew have tickets thanks to the Fanclub draw. Did anyone else have any luck?

From the 2 channel Megumi Nakajima thread.

---

496 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。:2013/03/13(水) 21:47:28.82 ID:yl82s2CrP

>>494 そです。今回マク魂枠の当選率やたらと高いみたいで、外れたって声を全く聞かない。。。

---

"Yes. This time, the rate of the win of the Macross Fanclub draw is so high, so I have never heard anyone's miss..."

---

From the 2 channel May'n thread.

---

665 :名無しの歌姫:2013/03/13(水) 20:39:24.18 ID:Wn5SYfWb0

俺もクロスオーバー2枚当選。

知ってる人全員当選したみたい。

---

I also get 2 tickets for the Crossover Live.

Everybody I know seems to win the lottery.

---

What I said was a pointless concern.

Edited by antibiotictab

Looking again at the artwork for the concert (http://macrosslive30.com), I just realised that Sara and Mao are in there - hmmm.. could we possibly be getting the first ever live rendition of ARKAN from Macross Zero? If so, this makes it quite the comprehensive lineup (plus I'm pretty sure that Haruka Chisuga will make an appearance too)... I think they will need to reduce the number of Firebomber and Frontier songs if they are going to fit all this in!

Also, its been a while since I've heard May'n AND Megumi together - this will probably be the second only time that Sayonara no Tsubasa has actually been done live.

From the 2 channel Megumi Nakajima thread.

---

634 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。:2013/03/24(日) 07:29:53.74 ID:90z3GUX40

この後も先行2回ある

あとはわかるな?

---

After the draw, there will be the pre-sales twice.

You know what I mean?

---

It seems the tickets have not been sold well.

Many foreign fans will be surprised, but Japanese fans are really really inconstant... Even though a hit anime, some new animes appear one after another boundlessly, so the fire goes out immediately. For example, everyone was talking about Madoka Magica the movie, but after the Eva movie was screened, everyone is talking about Eva, not Magoka.

update about the Joysound tickets:

◆受付期間(先着販売となりますので、ご注意ください)

3/26(火)午前11:00~4/1(月)午前11:00

<注意事項>

・販売枚数に限りがあるため、予定より早く販売を終了することがあります。

受付期間であっても、販売予定枚数に達してお買い求め頂けない場合がありますので、予めご了承下さい。

・購入はお一人様2枚までとさせていただきます。

・購入の際には「JOYSOUND SHOPPING MALL」への会員登録(無料)が必要です。

詳しくは「JOYSOUND SHOPPING MALL」特設ページをご覧ください。

(3/26(火)11:00よりサイトオープン)

Update: Got my 2 tickets through Joysound! Yippie! :) I bought my plane tickets a month ago so all is set to go!

Edited by The Songstress Fairy

http://i45.tinypic.com/akbjep.jpg

Incredibly quick! I quite can not find a seating chart so I wonder where the seats are going to be.

No fans know it under the circumstances. The venue is not usually used as a concert hall. Actually it is used for the Anime Contents Expo this weekend.

The short in height won't be able to see the stage...

Edited by antibiotictab

CONGRATS!!! How long will you be in town for?

July 5-6: osaka

7-9: kyoto

9-14: Tokyo

I am hoping there could be a MW meetup perhaps before or after the concert somewhere in Chiba, since it would be neat to meet international members. (ive been a lurker for many years just dont have much to say I guess...)

July 5-6: osaka

7-9: kyoto

9-14: Tokyo

I am hoping there could be a MW meetup perhaps before or after the concert somewhere in Chiba, since it would be neat to meet international members. (ive been a lurker for many years just dont have much to say I guess...)

Looks like we have the special guest for our next podcast! Muah-hah-hah...

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me get 2 tickets to the macross crossover concert in july as ill be there on holidays and would love to go.

but i got no idea on how to go about getting these tickets as they all seem to be sold within japan only.

any helpers??

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me get 2 tickets to the macross crossover concert in july as ill be there on holidays and would love to go.

but i got no idea on how to go about getting these tickets as they all seem to be sold within japan only.

any helpers??

I have just checked Ticket Pia, Lawson Ticket, e+, and found out all of them are sold out, sorry.

Auction? Such kinds of tickets are invalid.
At Nyan Fest, the people who had such tickets were kicked out from the venue.
What a stern discipline...

Thanks for your help guys..

if by any chance you know of anyone or hear anything please let me know.

i has the cash ready to roll for this thing as ive been a massive fan of macross for too many years and would be a dream come true.

Also on another note a friend of mine was helping me get tix aswell and saw something about being able to get tix but it will be sent out 7days prior to the show and it was on this website.

http://www.aianet.ne.jp/~ges/databaseticket/itiosi/macross.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to purchase the concert goodie package? I would like to get that poster!

If there are any brothers out there who are going and are so kind to buy for me please PM!

Thanks

this is the poster I was referring to (interesting that Max and Miria appeared twice in there!)

post-12785-0-15972800-1372799605_thumb.jpg

Edited by locidm

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool. Actually tried to watch these last night but they wouldnt load for some reason. Nice.

On a different note, i'm hearing rumblings that there may be more actual crossover performances this time around (compared to the scant 2 or 3 we got in 2009). Just a rumour at this point but I suppose we will know one way or the other in two days time :-)

As I'm unable to show up in person, despite that the GoodWood festival of speed in which I'm attending falls on the same timeframe as the concert itself, if anybody going there can film it/photograph it for, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Those who ask me: Why Goodwood?, I say: GO ASK MR. AND MRS. JENIUS!

As I'm unable to show up in person, despite that the GoodWood festival of speed in which I'm attending falls on the same timeframe as the concert itself, if anybody going there can film it/photograph it for, I'd gladly appreciate it.

I'd really rather not get thrown out, thanks.

Got anybody here taping it? As I may be left behind, and I won't to see Miss Iijima on Minmei's DYRL outfit. (Yes, go tell the Jenius family that I'm out on Goodwood for the festival of speed)

Sorry but that's not permitted and I have no desire to be banned from future events.

7 hours to go! Which means its time to stand in line kiddies!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The line(s) of the Macross goodies sales...
This picture shows many concert exclusive items would be sold in yahoo auctions in the near future, I believe.
If I felt like going, I would be there. It seems that some acquaintance whom I have not met yet, so I want meet them.

The concert has finished. I will post some information coming from the Twitter feeds here.

The first song was Aimo, sung by May'n and Yuuka Nanri.
Haruka Chisuga sang 1 song.
Mari IIjima's son, Andy played the guitar.
The light of "Tenshi no Enogu" was just like "Flashback 2012."
Shoji Kawamori went on the stage.
At encore, Yoko Kanno, Maaya Sakamoto, Akino Arai appeared. Maaya-san sang "Triangler," and Arai-san sang "VOICES."
The last 3 songs were "Dogfighters","Runner", and "Mouichido Love You." played by Kanno-san with her piano.

Really excellent show. Not flawless, but insanely better than I was expecting.

A few big surprises (including an expanded ending for Wings of Farewell) lots of funny banter among the characters (Klan and Max talking to each other was GREAT), and really well-chosen set lists with realy good performances. A number of special, unannounced guests (one of whom brought the house down when she showed up at the piano), and a forty-minute-or-so encore of crossovers.

So for the ANNOUNCED guests, the run-down was as follows:

First: May'n. Followed by Chie Kajiura. Then a break. Then Mari Iijima. Then Megumi Nakajima. Then a break. Then Yoshiki Fukuyama.

I want to write more, but I'm honestly too exhausted... to be continued later...

A Bd/DVD is far from guarantee seeing that neither the last crossover (2009) nor Yoko Kanno's Tanabata Sonic got releases.

Having said that, they had very professional real-time camera work happening so I'd be surprised if it didn't get some sort of release.

I am reading this with tears in my eyes, I swear... I pray to god for a dvd, please! this is a dream for all macross fans, it would be terribly unfair if they do not realease it. You guys who attended are so lucky