So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

Google Translate is tough to understand but it looks like it says Yamato was shuttered to avoid debt and it will take some time before Arcadia takes on any Yamato projects to make it clear that Arcadia is an unrelated company. I might just be reading a really rough translation that way since it's what I've been saying since it was considered a crazy conspiracy theory.

I think the second blurb says 150 were convinced to leave TakaraTomy via early retirement type programs as the company wanted to downsize but the potential for layoffs still looms.

Google Translate is tough to understand but it looks like it says Yamato was shuttered to avoid debt and it will take some time before Arcadia takes on any Yamato projects to make it clear that Arcadia is an unrelated company. I might just be reading a really rough translation that way since it's what I've been saying since it was considered a crazy conspiracy theory.

I think the second blurb says 150 were convinced to leave TakaraTomy via early retirement type programs as the company wanted to downsize but the potential for layoffs still looms.

Yeah, that's pretty much the jist of that article.

I'm a little concerned over the Tomy deal, 10% decline?

Yikes, that's really bad. I can't see why the Transformers are down.

Hell the MP's this year have all but sold out! Why not make a second run?

Takara should sell stock to TRU US.

All this renewed panic with Yamato, I'm kinda glad I picked up my VF-19 Kai and P (cheap too!) when I did *phew*

Still need me a Renewed package YF-19 one day... the earlier version will have to suffice for now...

Next up, VF-25S/F and VB-6 here I come!

I'm actually worried for the whole Japanese toy market to tell you the truth. Japan looks like it may be the first to topple financially. Exports are apparently way down in Japan currently, and printing yen will not help the problem. I think unlimited QE is not the way to go for any of the western countries to fix the economy.

Arcadia won't be able to crack the u.s.markets and will probably be hesitant to do so knowing that their sales will predominantly be limited to their own market. After I read the kotaku article involving harmony gold. I never really looked to it closely until it was broken down in that article.

Btw why are all threads locked right away when it involves harmony gold? I know some members on here support them, but does the whole MW forums including mods support them?

I'm just thankful for the Internet, whether if I have to pay a premium to bring macross products to my home.

Btw why are all threads locked right away when it involves harmony gold? I know some members on here support them, but does the whole MW forums including mods support them?

Because any time a thread involves Harmony Gold or Robotech, it quickly degenerates into drama and off-topicness.

Wasn't there sticky thread for that explanation somewhere? Granted I didn't bother or had the time to go through it. But it would still be nice to have it on there for newbies instead of dropping rhymes and dimes on the threads that involves Harmony gold. LOL I think the last thread was civil. But I can clearly see how it can get out of hand based on that articles' reaction/comments.

I will say that after all of this Yamato/Arcadia stuff it is pretty sad to flip around through the different online stores and 1) realize this might be it for these products and 2) see just how quickly they are selling out/prices are rising. Replacing anything that might get broken will suddenly be hugely expensive if not impossible to find. I was hoping down the line to get a third VF-17. It looks like I might have to dump a heap of cash now just to buy up another VF-17D now just in case I never see one again.

I will say that after all of this Yamato/Arcadia stuff it is pretty sad to flip around through the different online stores and 1) realize this might be it for these products and 2) see just how quickly they are selling out/prices are rising. Replacing anything that might get broken will suddenly be hugely expensive if not impossible to find. I was hoping down the line to get a third VF-17. It looks like I might have to dump a heap of cash now just to buy up another VF-17D now just in case I never see one again.

Totally agree, I've been observing valk after valk going out of stock recently, rather worrying for a person just starting off his collection, by the time I have some money saved up for another one, there might only be an overpriced, limited selection left!

Totally agree, I've been observing valk after valk going out of stock recently, rather worrying for a person just starting off his collection, by the time I have some money saved up for another one, there might only be an overpriced, limited selection left!

It must be doubly worse for you. I've already got a sizable collection (complaining about getting a third VF-17 and all.)

So... after a lot of prevaricating, and getting antsier and antsier given all the depressing info here and elsewhere regarding Yamato/Arcadia and availability of current product, I finally broke down and ordered myself a VF-19S and a VF-17S from HKC; for what amounts to 50% off each, the total cost for the two pieces came to around the same as I paid for 1 VF-4G. Even if we never see another 1/60 VF release from this particular producer, I can now say that I own at least one example of every Valk they've ever made; so, unless things work out for the better and Arcadia fills the void, Bandai notwithstanding, I can say that my collection is complete.

Thanks for all of you for breaking down my self-restraint and parting me with a wad of cash on these latest aquisitions... sometimes I really hate you guys! :angry:<_<:p:lol:

I started my V2 1/60 collection in July of 2012 and bought a ton of Yamato stuff. I feel fortunate I restarted my collection and was able to buy the Valkyries I wanted with the help of this forum and HLJ sales.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

I've got such a small collection compared to some people on here but I still feel like I've got everything I need. I wouldn't mind a couple extra VF-1's but the only thing that's out that I want but don't have is a VF-4. Everything else I'm not losing my mind over.

I've got such a small collection compared to some people on here but I still feel like I've got everything I need. I wouldn't mind a couple extra VF-1's but the only thing that's out that I want but don't have is a VF-4. Everything else I'm not losing my mind over.

Nice, a small efficient collection. I might be forced to move that way, judging from the current situation...

I haven't gotten any of the recent releases and now am scared I won't be able to. Can't seem to find a VF-19P anywhere, for example.

So either clearing up old stock to make room for the eventual Arcadia "stickered" re-releases......or...

Everyone knows you end with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f2y1QC_yg

Anyway

It'd be stupid of them to stop work on the macross license. but what if this is why bandai jumped back kinto the macross game after sitting on the bench for so long.

And if they are that stupid then Graham could start a company or a kickstarter to have valk's made.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

the Hikaru Ichijo doll with matching VF-1 cockpit they supposedly have in the works, i would presume...

Edited by Shaorin