So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

No...keep it at 1/60...how many more VF's are needed to complete the 1/60 VF line? Beyond the VF's that Bandai has locked up.....Arcadia can finish up the 1/60 line with the VF-9, VF-14, VF-3000, VF-5000, VB-3, and the Varuta valks....what else am I missing?....variable Glaug?.....if you don't need every single variation of each model (ex. VF-1A, VF-1D, VF-1J, VF-1S...the custom gurus would likely create the different heads/part variations and sell them on shapeways)....that's not too many left......bottom line...Arcadia should stick with the 1/60 scale...

I wonder how much it would cost to design a new YF-19 in shapeways...

A lot.

You'd be better off using an existing VF-19 as the base and swapping out/replacing the necessary components. Even then it wouldn't be a true YF-19, more like a VF-19A, I guess.

Never ever, ever change the scale, if its not 1/60 or 1/48 to match

Scale already full established, then don't bother.

Arcadia doesn't need to make new items, rereleases the limited ones like virgin road, the 1D with option parts and different figures.

Max and Miriya super sets, VT with OP.

This stuff exists and has value, make the money Arcadia.

Then start making renewals and new VF's.

Actually... no, I've been seriously considering that.

I can't make it match the VF-19, but I can go a long way to fix the gullet by just replacing three or four parts. Basically, just altering the angle the nose sits at in fighter can do it.

I thought you meant an entire YF-19 from scratch.

I don't own YF-19, so I can't really comment on replacing components.

I think it might be silly to say "You need to stay the course!" to a company that just went bankrupt (allegedly). :)

Fair point, but in the end product diversity was probably a primary issue. Doing the entire range in 1/72 would eventually lead down the same path without the ability to cash in on existing molds and designs ( assuming Arcadia end up with the rights).

Arcadia needs a bigger "net", more diversity with on going products across multiple mediums which will give them a much better shot at capturing more customers.

Fair point, but in the end product diversity was probably a primary issue. Doing the entire range in 1/72 would eventually lead down the same path without the ability to cash in on existing molds and designs ( assuming Arcadia end up with the rights).

Arcadia needs a bigger "net", more diversity with on going products across multiple mediums which will give them a much better shot at capturing more customers.

Also if we take the "likes" on Amazon.co.jp to be any indication, you rarely see more than 10 likes for any Yamato compared to 300+ for the Macross Frontier stuff. Bandai gets away with doing one repaint after the other, due to the popularity. How much would this change if they re-released everything from the beginning in another scale? Personally i'd rather see them release 1/60 but in webshop editions for existing releases and new VFs in a more conservative manner. In May it felt a bit like a garage sale.

Edited by Dimis

I think it's pretty interesting that Yamato was selling 1/60 VF-1 toys (version 1) at the same time Bandai was reissuing 1/55 VF-1 toys. One would think that those scales and the prices the toys were sold for were so similar that only one company would have been given the rights at a time. We saw the same thing again when Yamato released its GnU toys at the same time Kaiyodo did their Revoltechs. So, it might be one of those things where the companies are given the option to pay more for the rights to make them exclusive for a size and type. Maybe we'll see a scenario where Arcadia keeps reissuing Yamato's V2 VF-1 toys and then Bandai starts popping out 1/60 DX VF-1 toys. So, I guess nobody knows right now, but all hope is not lost. If you were hoping for a Mac+ or MacZero toy I think you should have plenty of hope as it's very unlikely there's going to be a struggle for the license.

As I've stated before, I think it's time for the Macross universe to shrink to 1/72 scale. Toy manufacturing capabilities are so much better and the 1/100 Hi-Metal VF-1 is AWESOME and at 1/72 all the compromises like swap out landing gears/heat shield could be made integrated. Do it Arcadia.... shrink the universe and give us all new versions of everything Yamato made.

I would say that the transformation for the shoulders and the poseability for the hips of the Hi-Metla VF-1 were done very well. The fact it's highly pose-able in Battroid is also pretty good. Gerwalk and Fighter are both terrible in look though.

NY is out of VF-17D, VF-17D with super parts, VF-19Kai, VF-19F and VF-19P

AE is out of everything

HK have only VF-19S, VF-17S and VF-19Kai for good prices and VF-17D, VF-17D with super parts with high prices...

Yea... I have no clue what I'm talking about...

Edited by charger69

Hkcollectibles?

What ever they decide to produce they should send it to me first to test it's durability and accuracy and if all goes well ill give it my stamp of approval. LoL

That's a great idea Kicker 773 approved! That way we can buy with confidence! :)

Always wanted Regults. Now I'm scared I won't be able to get a VF-17 or VF-19...

TV SDF-1 would be hot, too. Even if it was just the TV colors on the existing mold (though Daedalus and Prometheus would be requisite, of course.

I am hoping VF-17D/S and VF-19F/S/P are all re-branded, as well since I haven't gotten any of them. Domestic distribution and on par with Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece price points would be nice.