So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

Haha, don't get me wrong! I think the VF-4 is one of my top favorite designs, it's just the way it came about being so convoluted seems to have caused a lot of trouble. Hell, even that recent 'whats your favorite VF' poll they had on facebook only showed the fighter design for the FB 2012 VF-4.

As for the VF, I think you've got the nail right on the head that- as far as I'm aware, that's EXACTLY how likeness rights work. Because Yamato had the rights to likenesses of the VF-X (Fighter mode) and VF-1A (all modes) there was really no problem with them using an existing mold to make an approximation of the first that coincidentally was also convertible to the second. It's just another creative way of 'faking it' that wouldn't cross any wires or step on any toes as far as licencing and Intellectual Property rights does.

Along the same lines, I would not be surprised to see them eventually do a 'VF-4G' in FB-2012 "homage" colors while still claiming it as the VF-X version... AKA, faking it again. But time alone will tell on that front.

I'd guess he means that the VF-4 is just one of those valks that, despite fans loving it, had been completely overlooked in terms of any kind of merchandise. Even the Macross II stuff got mass production kits in the past, but until very very recently, the only way to get any VF-4 was through garage kits or scratchbuilding.

Edited by Chronocidal

I think it's just a case where any design is going to have fans who love it and anti-fans who just strait up don't like it, so I'd say 'fair enough'.

Sure would love any quality Macross II toy, though. That's another easy case where so many people might think it's just not appealing but I think that's one beautiful spaceplane and robot

If Arcadia does release Macross transforming toys, I hope they include waterslide decals. Especially if they're not going to print major markings seen in the anime, like the 17's UN Spacy kites. I'll pay a few extra yen for the the decal sheet. A few extra yen are not going to affect my buying decision when we're already talking $200+.

I really dislike the included stickers.

If Arcadia does release Macross transforming toys, I hope they include waterslide decals. Especially if they're not going to print major markings seen in the anime, like the 17's UN Spacy kites. I'll pay a few extra yen for the the decal sheet. A few extra yen are not going to affect my buying decision when we're already talking $200+.

I really dislike the included stickers.

Yes and please. I cannot stand peel and stick stickers and never use them. A sheet of waterslides would be an absolute godsend as far as I'm concerned. Keep the sticker sheet too for those who prefer it, but a second set of waterslides for each release would be lovely.

Tampo it up like Bandai!

This! My YF-19 remains unadorned with its UN Spacy logo on the sides of the nose, because the stickers look too prominent.

Speaking of stickers, would a coat of Future Floor Polish keep them from curling? I was thinking since the FFP hardens when it dries, it should help the sticker hold its shape even after a few years.

*edited for typos.

Edited by GU-11

Yes, actually! Generally speaking a clear-coat will help stickers to stay adhered, and it can even help disguise the edges. That's also why clear coats are virtually required for water-slides, for that matter. If you can apply a proper clear-coat, it will almost certainly help.

Yes, actually! Generally speaking a clear-coat will help stickers to stay adhered, and it can even help disguise the edges. That's also why clear coats are virtually required for water-slides, for that matter. If you can apply a proper clear-coat, it will almost certainly help.

Thanks for the info! Been looking forward to adding those flying kite logos onto the YF-19--the jet mode just looks so incomplete without it.

My best advice is to go googling for some good tutorials on the best way to do this. Clear stickers don't perform as well as waterslide decals, but sealing them under a clear coat should definitely help, especially if you take the time to trim down the sticker's border. Best of luck to you with this!

I'd guess he means that the VF-4 is just one of those valks that, despite fans loving it, had been completely overlooked in terms of any kind of merchandise. Even the Macross II stuff got mass production kits in the past, but until very very recently, the only way to get any VF-4 was through garage kits or scratchbuilding.

Pretty sure he just meant he thinks it's ugly

Ok, a little bit of Katakana and Kanji looking up with google translate, and that first line is definitely "1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-1A." Second line starts with "Alaska," but I can't translate the rest of it.. Thing is though. Look four lines above the big lettering.. you can definitely make out the word "KIT" in big letters there.

I think the answer is here, but I can't read Japanese...

attachicon.gifhBJ35.jpg attachicon.gifimages.jpg

it just says that if you look at the yamato vf-1 line up they have all but completed the entire line up appearing in the original series and dyrl. right around the time they released the vf-1j the thought occurred that they had done all the major valks with not much else left, and where they should go from there. but after doing non-canon schemes like the cavaliers, a strong feeling came to mr k wanting to complete the entire vf-1 line. however, the company can't make something that has a low probability of turning a profit. so the outcome was a one unit prototype of the alaska base unit in the pic. if it were to be released it would be called 1/60 "alaska region type." whether or not it is produced is up to feedback, so if there is feedback then you'd better take responsibility and buy it to complete your vf-1 set!

so no nothing about the macross line after the arcadia name change. read into what you like.

it just says that if you look at the yamato vf-1 line up they have all but completed the entire line up appearing in the original series and dyrl. right around the time they released the vf-1j the thought occurred that they had done all the major valks with not much else left, and where they should go from there. but after doing non-canon schemes like the cavaliers, a strong feeling came to mr k wanting to complete the entire vf-1 line. however, the company can't make something that has a low probability of turning a profit. so the outcome was a one unit prototype of the alaska base unit in the pic. if it were to be released it would be called 1/60 "alaska region type." whether or not it is produced is up to feedback, so if there is feedback then you'd better take responsibility and buy it to complete your vf-1 set!

so no nothing about the macross line after the arcadia name change. read into what you like.

Hmmm... That was a bit of a letdown.

As much as i'd like to see it, the alaska base vf-1a would definitely be a shelf warmer.

As much as i'd like to see it, the alaska base vf-1a would definitely be a shelf warmer.

True, it's not visually all that unique or anything, but since the molds and tooling are all pretty much there, Arcadia could probably do a made to order run like the VF-4 if they need to finish the VF-1 series so badly.