So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

Or at least a revised VT-1 would have been nice before all this. So annoying to have most other VF-1 type valkyries in my collection except this.

Same here. I've been waiting for an announcement for a VT-1 reissue for months, and then this Arcadia thing pops up out of the blue.

I don't think Yamato will ever do any more toys... lol.

But as for Mospeada, I mean (redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted) and at least there will be (redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted) surely (redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted)(redacted).

I think a lot of us would love Arcadia to make mospeada toys. It makes too much sense other than the fact that the Mospeada fan base is so small.

Yeah, the issue is how they would sell it. Sounds like the Destroids thing all over again. They could do it, but at great expense, and very limited quantities. They might do it in a similar deal to the VF-4. Mospeada toys were made about 5 years ago because that was the peak of mid-80s robot nostalgia at the high-end of the market, hence all the Dorvack/Dragonar/Layzner stuff too. Mospeada is a forgotten franchise for the most part and those toys didn't sell well even back then, despite all the excitement over the Beagle, Megahouse and CMs. We have long passed the peak. They will have to think of some other way of getting the items to the (few) people who want them. In my mind, it's got "limited websclusive" written all over it.

Of course, that worked for the VF-4 so it may be a non-issue after all.

The VF-4 is kinda different. People would have been happy seeing the one scheme everyone wanted which is the FB2012 but seeing how they couldn't get the license they went straight to the repaint, lol. And one would be enough. But with Mospeada, you either do just one or you do all four, or in the case of the Legioss/Tread all three. So you kinda need that first one to be a success for sure.

It'd be interesting if Arcadia gets the license to SDF:M and DYRL, M7 and M+ but not the rights to Yamato's molds.

I do think that people are right to pick up the VF-19P now and as for the kits they were planning, I think those were DOA.

Just get me those 1/60 Fire Bomber figures, Renato! Like a ninja!!!

The VF-4 is kinda different. People would have been happy seeing the one scheme everyone wanted which is the FB2012 but seeing how they couldn't get the license they went straight to the repaint, lol. And one would be enough. But with Mospeada, you either do just one or you do all four, or in the case of the Legioss/Tread all three. So you kinda need that first one to be a success for sure.

I don't know the specifics, but regarding the VF-4, I don't think it's that they couldn't get the license, it's just that the VF-4 from FB2012 does not transform. So even if they got the FB2012 license and made a transforming toy of that design, they are still basing robot mode from the game, right? Meaning that they would then be stealing intellectual property from a different license (VFX) which they have not secured. To make the valk that everyone wants they would have to take out TWO licenses -- one from FB2012 and one for VFX -- and I doubt they were prepared to do that. That valk would have been waaay more expensive. They got around it by providing stickers and effectively telling fans to mod it themselves.

As for the Mospeada thing: Yeah, but of all the companies making Mospeada stuff only CMs managed to finish that race, and their "stealth" repaints are still languishing on shelves right now. Interest really petered out before Megahouse and Beagle could finish what they started. I don't see the market being able to magically support those items now.

It seems that the scheme to wipe Macross 2 out of existence is working out so far. In a few years nobody will know what the therm VF-2SS means. ;)

Poor Ishtar. :(

Yamato were never going to touch that. I thought graham mentioned a long time ago that yamato don't want to piss off the floating head aka supreme creator of the mac universe, by making toys from this show. Bandai should do it lol

Yamato were never going to touch that. I thought graham mentioned a long time ago that yamato don't want to piss off the floating head aka supreme creator of the mac universe, by making toys from this show. Bandai should do it lol

I think more recently that turned out to be more of a rumor/reading too much into an off the cuff joke, and the only reason they haven't done anything MII is simply because it's not very popular and they didn't feel they could sell enough to make it worthwhile.

As for the Mospeada stuff... Yamato has never had licence for Mospeada, have they? I thought it was pretty much set that the Mospeada rights sat with competing companies? I wouldn't expect to see Yamato/Arcadia do anything with that any time soon

Molds don't have rights... They're tangible property. Yamato would just sell itself its molds under the Arcadia name.

If you dig far enough you'd know that Yamato has lost rights to molds before

I don't know the specifics, but regarding the VF-4, I don't think it's that they couldn't get the license, it's just that the VF-4 from FB2012 does not transform. So even if they got the FB2012 license and made a transforming toy of that design, they are still basing robot mode from the game, right? Meaning that they would then be stealing intellectual property from a different license (VFX) which they have not secured. To make the valk that everyone wants they would have to take out TWO licenses -- one from FB2012 and one for VFX -- and I doubt they were prepared to do that. That valk would have been waaay more expensive. They got around it by providing stickers and effectively telling fans to mod it themselves.

As for the Mospeada thing: Yeah, but of all the companies making Mospeada stuff only CMs managed to finish that race, and their "stealth" repaints are still languishing on shelves right now. Interest really petered out before Megahouse and Beagle could finish what they started. I don't see the market being able to magically support those items now.

I didn't realize that about the 2 licenses. I figure they had both licenses since they've made toys from VFX before they'd just need the FB2012. Watching FB way back when I just figured they did transform but didn't have the battle scenes to show it in that video.

The VF-4 was always intended to transform but since only the fighter appears in FB2012 there's no licence to do a transforming mech from it period, all of the rights to likeness for the final transforming version are legally filed under the video game. They couldn't get FB2012 rights because they do not actually exist for any mode other than the fighter. That's the legal hangup they were talking about. You can't purchase licencing rights that strait up don't exist.

That said, now that they HAVE made the video game mold, it might be possible for them to 'fake it' and release it as the video-game mech in FB2012 'homage' colors, AKA what any of us would recognize as the 2012 version, but it will never be 'official' to what the 2012 version would have 'actually' looked like because nobody can ever truly know because again, there are no likeness rights for it because they weren't even finished for about a decade after the OVA was made.

It falls into a weird zone as far as legal likeness rights go. Can't really blame Yamato for that one. It's really more on Studio Neue/Koramori's head for doing things so haphazardly for that design.

I didn't realize that about the 2 licenses. I figure they had both licenses since they've made toys from VFX before they'd just need the FB2012. Watching FB way back when I just figured they did transform but didn't have the battle scenes to show it in that video.

When I look at the dates of the designs I tend to think that what Renato says makes sense.

post-12283-0-46236900-1361505248_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-22953500-1361505262_thumb.jpg

When I look at the dates of the designs I tend to think that what Renato says makes sense.

attachicon.gifsketcfhvf4-02.jpg attachicon.gifsketcfhvf4-03.jpg

I mean I knew that the transformation was thought of after. I never realized that you have to get the license for battroid since it was never shown. I thought it was an all encompassing thing, but it makes sense. I like that scheme for the VF-4G though. All valks should be released in gray, specially if they are unpainted versions.

What about the VF-X.....not fully transformable, but was sold as such by Yamato.....are we supposed to pretend that it doesn't?

I think the reason why we did not get a FB2012 VF-4 is because Yamato knew that it would still sell well after releasing the VFX version.....but probably could not sell nearly enough VFX versions if the FB2012 version came out first.... ;)

I believe they need to get approval for each specific design.

It's really more on Studio Neue/Koramori's head for doing things so haphazardly for that design.

Wow, talk about haphazard..! :D

Just kidding, I agree with everything you wrote.

What about the VF-X.....not fully transformable, but was sold as such by Yamato.....are we supposed to pretend that it doesn't?

It's probably an isolated case which BW made an exception for, but even if the VF-X is considered "a completely separate piece of IP" like the FB2012 and VFX versions of the VF-4, it only transforms into a VF-1A... which Yamato already had the license for as we have seen through countless repaints prior. It's not like it transforms into Optimus Prime or some other completely separate design, as in the case with the VF-4.