So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Hope I'm wrong.

Graham

Now this is something I didn't want to read.

If the new corporate structure is more conservative (from an economic point of view), and does not want to take the risks Yamato took all of these years with their macross releases, then yes, I have a bad feeling too.

Arcadia... that's a cool name. C'mon, why so gloomy? What's the worse thing that can happen?

tumblr_m18ux8j7KE1qj6sk2o1_400.gif

BTW, didn't the article already say the first thing they're going to offer is a 1/8 Hikaru figure and a seperate cockpit?

Doesn't anyone read the links to the main page when the original thread was posted?

If the name change/restructuring means they take a brake from releasing new stuff in their Macross licences for a few months, or even the entirety of 2013, I will not be one to complain; after all the stuff I bought in 2012, culminating with what now seems to have been Yamato's swan song -- the VF-4G, my wallet can use a bit of a breather. Besides, there will be penty to keep me occupied in the Macross front with Bandai's upcoming offerings.

Edited by mechaninac

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Hope I'm wrong.

Graham

Ok now I am worried. Are you not the one with the in on Yamato. You rub me here and I rub you there and YOU! got sidewinded by this? OHOH BUT it will now make the current macross products uber expensive if you have any in your collection. DAMMIT! I should have waited to sell my 1/72s and 1/60s version one!!!

Arcadia... that's a cool name. C'mon, why so gloomy? What's the worse thing that can happen?

BTW, didn't the article already say the first thing they're going to offer is a 1/8 Hikaru figure and a seperate cockpit?

Doesn't anyone read the links to the main page when the original thread was posted?

But that is like a 180º on Macross toys: from complex transforming toys to cheaper mandolls... :unsure:

That said.... 1/8 cockpit... could be all kinds of awesome :wub:

tumblr_m18ux8j7KE1qj6sk2o1_400.gif

Yes, did read. No mention of new PV 1/60 VF toys. Not even any existing VFs on display at their booth.

And we all know how well Hikaru dolls sell, ask Noel.

I hope they are not going the 'dolls are easier and cheaper to produce route' and giving up on transforming VFs.

Graham

Hope I'm wrong and I'll attempt to find out.

I wanted my VF-17S Milia, as well as the other three things that I knew were planned.

Sorry, I'm a VF guy, mandolls just don't cut it for me.

Graham

I like the "three things that I knew were planned" part.

I'd guess ver 2 YF-19, new VF-0. No clue about the third one. Lets be optimistic and hope future macross transforming VF's do not get canned.

Aha, okay. Did a little more digging around. A few weeks ago, an upcoming figure release that had been labeled under Yamato had shown up instead under preorder from Arcadia, so this might not actually be as 'last minute' as it seems.

http://plastikitty.tumblr.com/post/41641922222/is-yamato-handing-off-their-elin-to-arcadia This tumblr post isn't a very good source, but it was posted two weeks ago, so I submit it as some evidence here. It also suggests that Yamato's planned releases will simply be released under the Arcadia name instead, so... Make of it what you will.

HLJ is still listing everything that's already been released by Yamato under the Yamato name

Only products are this: http://www.hlj.com/product/aca01000 (which looks cute albiet overpriced)

and thiso one: http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA01001 (which is... interesting... :unsure: and signifigantly overpriced)

so apparently the Arcadia name change is to justifying making their stuff even more overpriced than it used to be.

I would expect that only their newly produced goods will carry the Arcadia name, I don't imagine the Macross stuff will be listed under the new name unless/until it's reissued. The old company name will still probably be around for a while yet to come, at least until all of the backstock gets cleared out, I would assume.

HLJ is still listing everything that's already been released by Yamato under the Yamato name

Only products are this: http://www.hlj.com/product/aca01000 (which looks cute albiet overpriced)

and thiso one: http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA01001 (which is... interesting... :unsure: and signifigantly overpriced)

so apparently the Arcadia name change is to justifying making their stuff even more overpriced than it used to be.

Oh sweet Jesus, who buys that stuff? The sad thing is, I could totally see this being an acquisition of Yamato to get at their profitable smuttier merchandise.

From what I had read it's the other way around, Yamato had acquired this sculpt before the Arcadia thing came out, and it caught people by surprise when it was solicited for pre-order under Arcadia rather than Yamato.

That said, as Exo mentioned in the other thread, these types of figures really make up the bulk of this industry and are MOST of what gets shown at places like Wonderfest, so the answer might be less 'who buys that stuff' and more 'let's hope they still cater to the few of us that don't'... Although again, I'm not particularly worried.

Oh sweet Jesus, who buys that stuff? The sad thing is, I could totally see this being an acquisition of Yamato to get at their profitable smuttier merchandise.

I'd be tempted to buy both if they weren't so expensive. :p

Edited by anime52k8