Interesting times - changes at Yamato Toys

Tochiro

I'll stay positive I guess, if anything just for the hope that I see a SDF-1 TV, Max and Millia VF-11's, Millia's VF-17 and Sound Force completion. The problem I have though is it seems the other companies web site is all about dolls :(

and rather fugly faced ones, at that, IMHO. that's from a BIG Asian-doll lover, too!!

GEEZ GUYS YOU'RE FREAKIN'ME OUT!! i mean, i was just about to gear up to afford myself a 1/60 VF-19S@$175shipped within the next few months.

i hope to god my source stays at that price... :unsure:

Edited by Shaorin

Mr. K personally wants to redo the ones made before he came on board. Also he wants to try SV-51 (his first product) one more time.

And YF-19! He wants to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

Please keep loving Macross!!~

I wonder if the "with permission" line was a clue to this whole business restructure/name-change thing...

Farewell Yamato, hello Arcadia. I can use a couple months without buying a new VF but a stunning CAD or even a teaser would relief everyone here... Meanwhile, Yamato VFs stock will vanish at full price hopefully and help them fund the next valk

and rather fugly faced ones, at that, IMHO. that's from a BIG Asian-doll lover, too!!

GEEZ GUYS YOU'RE FREAKIN'ME OUT!! i mean, i was just about to gear up to afford myself a 1/60 VF-19S@$175shipped within the next few months.

i hope to god my source stays at that price... :unsure:

you can get it right now under 160 shipped at hkcollectibles.com

I am not taking any chances - I splurged for the VE-1 last night ($$ouch). Id say if there is any limited production /rare models you dont have - nows the time to grab them.

If we take off our heart shaped macross glasses and look at it from a profit point of view - just how long can you sustain a toy line on the exact same models that have been done over and over again, for a very limited audience. Business 101 tells me to move on.

For me, if they just produced a TV SDF-1 and a VT-1 re-issue - I would be pretty happy with everything else they have cranked out. Other than super small niche valks or customs, they have almost covered everything up until Frontier, and now it looks like big bad bandai gets everything frontier onwards. Not much growth room left. :unsure:

PS - I REALLY hope this is not the case though

Edited by Mechinyun

gosh i hope they still make transforming VF toys!! Since getting back into this in 2008 (previously i only had a couple /148s) with the 1/60 V2 ...i have fallen back in love with macross all over again (well except for macross 7 since i never liked that very much though some of the mechs are cool). lets keep this party going!!!

As a high-end collector, I can say this is truly sad if Yamato (Arcadia) is no longer going to produce high end Macross valks. If they continue to move forward with new designs with the same great engineering, I will be overjoyed. If the VF-4 was there swan song, what a fantastic way to go out! However I have to point out that when Master Replicas lost their Star Wars license and eFX took things over...my star wars collecting days went downhill quickly. Not exactly the same scenario here, I realize, but I can't help remembering when that happened, and what happened to Master Replicas as a brand after that.

I know I said this before, but please don't let this end here. Why would they forego macross? I actually thought they were gaining in sales in recent years with the better stuff they were putting out, not the other way around.

Let's hope it doesn't end here :(

I hope more news is coming soon about this name change. So much more stuff to make. Still no DYRL battle damaged VF-1S Max version. No high quality Minmay or Misa statues. Or the Bridge girls for that matter. No Rook Cyclone/Ride Armor. The list goes on and on.

Farewell Yamato, hello Arcadia. I can use a couple months without buying a new VF but a stunning CAD or even a teaser would relief everyone here... Meanwhile, Yamato VFs stock will vanish at full price hopefully and help them fund the next valk

you can get it right now under 160 shipped at hkcollectibles.com

thanks a ton!!

You guys make me laugh. You are so into your addiction you dont even realize what good news this actually is. $400 for a VF-4. Yeah I bought it, because I really like the bird but its NO WAY IN HELL its worth that much. I get so much more toy and Build Material Quality on my DX Mazinger Z than on that valk. And some have even experienced broken ones NOT to mention the bazillion times all of you have whined about breakages. Their toys were beyond expensive. Also, drop in price like stone after a couple of years. While I will somewhat miss Yamato on nostalgic grounds im sure some other company will the fill gap.

I was happy with their 1/24 Patlabor figure and the Liger zoid

Edited by slaginpit

Sort of agree with slaginpit.

Yamato were really outpricing their way out of the market, is it any wonder so many people were waiting for sales for almost all VF19-VF17? I got both my VF19 at sales 40 percent off!

I don't want Bandai picking the slack personally, as I detest their macross practices the last few years, but perhaps Arcadia can just keep on with that? Takaratomy sure didn't stop producing MP figures after the merger...they just made them better!

It wasn't that they were pricing themselves out, it that they were really digging themselves into niche territory. And the audience/target consumer for most of the last releases were so limited, that the production numbers vs production cost were probably not ideal. So the prices couldn't be helped. It's was a specialty market. I mean the VF-4, VF-19P? I think while most of the members here wanted the Lightning, people weren't really holding their breath. What you got, you got for what it costs. The VF-4 and the VF-19 were masterpieces of engineering and without that over huge Transformers like market, there's no way you can produce it for what a MP TF goes for. And take a look at their prices. In fact, take a look at the number of members in this forum and then check out TFW2005.com's forum member count. It all came from Yamato's higher up's obsession with Macross. But I do agree with the sentiment. The prices were getting ridiculous. I had already concentrated my collection on only Macross and Mospeada items and I still can't keep up. But like Graham said, Yamato did a huge service. They stepped up.

Well, let's face it, besides the VF1 and the newer Frontier mecha, Macross is generally a niche territory. Members aside, there's a lot more transformers toys at many more pricepoints than what yamato can churn out. Not every member in these forums is as dedicated as the next one. Heck, I only have five Yamato macross figures at the moment and I've been here for almost 6 years. Yamato HAS done us a huge service, the VF19 is my favourite transforming figure ever and unlike takaratomy, they have to pay a license for macross items. It's not like I don't understand why the items are priced as such, but it's blocking off fans this way.

Anyways, let's see what Arcadia is up to before drawing any lines or going crazy and buying every single last Macross item we can find.

Bandai making another tiny VF-1 shows no signs of them picking up any sort of slack.

Sometimes Tiny isnt so bad. You can add a ton more detail into smaller scales than with larger ones. Then you get into tolerance issues blah blah blah. E.G. RG vs MG.....I would not mind at all the scale they managed with their 1/144 scale like YF-19F.

The boxes were already becoming an issue with me. And knowing Bandai I am sure we will get a steller DX Chogokin Valk with all the goodies that the Mazinger came with, hanger and all

Edited by slaginpit

You guys make me laugh. You are so into your addiction you dont even realize what good news this actually is.

an easy conclusion for a casual MACROSS fan to surmise, i suppose.

imagine, if you will, the decades of collective dreams, for a modern, high-precision VF-1 replica,

while BANDAI and a tiny handful of of garage kit mfrs. toss out a smattering of reissues of flawed, ancient model kits

and fixed pose resin kits every five/seven years or so, and that's just discussing the VF-1 series itself.

imagine those also interested in MACROSS PLUS, and having to make do with craptastic BANDAI MACROSS 7 toys and models

in order to get their Y/VF-19 series fix, with but a tiny, highly skilled elite of pro modellers given any real alternative (S.H.E. variable YF-19/-21/-11B resin kits)

imagine that for the barest moment, if you will.

now, imagine a company coming along, -after 20 long years of tired MACROSS lip service from BANDAI and the others-

to service MACROSS with as much dedication as BANDAI has always shown for their GUNDAM franchise.

sounds like the wildest dream come true for the average MACROSS fan, does it not?

fast forward ten years, and see this company go beyond every MACROSS fans wildest dreams,

producing not only a VF-1 replica far beyond what anyone could have dared hope for in 25 years,

but to go beyond even that lofty goal to realize most every major VF design Kawamori-san ever dreamed up,

including some of his most "Anime Magic" ridden designs, in full "perfect transformation" scale replica form,

all of these incredible variable Mecha designs, that no one really realistically thought for one moment

could ever be so accurately rendered in three physical dimensions, realized, with such unbelievable virtuosity.

now then, please consider all this, and tell us, once more, how "Ridiculous" our collective "Addiction"

and the seeming Paranoia over it all suddenly fading into history, really seems to you.

this dedicated MACROSS fan, for one, is scared Shitless...

Edited by Shaorin

Bandai making another tiny VF-1 shows no signs of them picking up any sort of slack.

1/72 scale is hardly "tiny".

The Bandai VF-1 is a model kit. Not a completed toy figure. Completely different thing from Yamato's products.

Frankly, I'd relax folks. Just because Yamato changes names doesn't suddenly and necessarily mean all the toolings for their 1/60 series disappears forever.

yeah and that's not even a toy it's a model. i've sworn off transforming models as they are too fragile to handle the multiple transforming. and i don't have time anymore to make/paint models.

an easy conclusion for a casual MACROSS fan to surmise, i suppose.

imagine, if you will, the decades of collective dreams, for a modern, high-precision VF-1 replica,

while BANDAI and a tiny handful of of garage kit mfrs. toss out a smattering of reissues of flawed, ancient model kits

and fixed pose resin kits every five/seven years or so, and that's just discussing the VF-1 series itself.

imagine those also interested in MACROSS PLUS, and having to make do with craptastic BANDAI MACROSS 7 toys and models

in order to get their Y/VF-19 series fix, with but a tiny, highly skilled elite of pro modellers given any real alternative (S.H.E. variable YF-19/-21/-11B resin kits)

imagine that for the barest moment, if you will.

now, imagine a company coming along, -after 20 long years of tired MACROSS lip service from BANDAI and the others-

to service MACROSS with as much dedication as BANDAI has always shown for their GUNDAM franchise.

sounds like the wildest dream come true for the average MACROSS fan, does it not?

fast forward ten years, and see this company go beyond every MACROSS fans wildest dreams,

producing not only a VF-1 replica far beyond what anyone could have dared hope for in 25 years,

but to go beyond even that lofty goal to realize most every major VF design Kawamori-san ever dreamed up,

including some of his most "Anime Magic" ridden designs, in full "perfect transformation" scale replica form,

all of these incredible variable Mecha designs, that no one really realistically thought for one moment

could ever be so accurately rendered in three physical dimensions, realized, with such unbelievable virtuosity.

now then, please consider all this, and tell us, once more, how "Ridiculous" our collective "Addiction"

and the seeming Paranoia over it all suddenly fading into history, really seems to you.

this dedicated MACROSS fan, for one, is scared Shitless...

Nothing casual about my being a fan! I have all the valks from the Frontier line, SDF-1 from Yamato, MiniMac, Destroids etc etc

Like I said, I will try to keep calm for now. Yamato is the only company to make a toy line that I just had to have at least one each (Modern 1/60's). I was looking at them (Yamato) while the 1/48's were out, but it seemed like the collection of various VF's would never be completed in that line up so I only bought the ones I really wanted, or did not have 1/60 color scheme equivalents. They released the version 2's and it was on like you could not believe. I had pretty much kept my collection of Yamato's current from then on out. I felt like Bandai couldn't get my money at the time, I mean look at the Frontier version 1's, they make me sick just looking at them lol. I finally gave Bandai a chance once the version 2's came out, but it's just so damn hard to secure the damn things. I am lucky to have gotten the Bandai v2's that I have I guess. It would make me most likely quit collecting Macross toys if Arcadia stop making valks. I would actually say that Yamato toys is actually the reason I am a member here. My first post after lurking for so long, was about me getting the Original Isamu YF-19 or the double nuts first. I think the post was closed by David :p , but I ended up getting the cannon Isamu and Guld schemes, my first Macross toy purchase. I was so excited about them, that I bought them at full price from HLJ on the same order.

Dammit guys, you've finally forced my hand. I was hoping to wait out the VF-19P and maybe get it on sale or at least delay the purchase for another couple months, but I just saw that it went from "in stock" to "low stock" on HLJ. So I gotta pick it up now or potentially miss out entirely. I hope I'm just overreacting and there will be plenty more Yamato offerings in the future, but at least I managed to nab my final must-have valkyrie on my list.

Like I said, I will try to keep calm for now. Yamato is the only company to make a toy line that I just had to have at least one each (Modern 1/60's). I was looking at them (Yamato) while the 1/48's were out, but it seemed like the collection of various VF's would never be completed in that line up so I only bought the ones I really wanted, or did not have 1/60 color scheme equivalents. They released the version 2's and it was on like you could not believe. I had pretty much kept my collection of Yamato's current from then on out. I felt like Bandai couldn't get my money at the time, I mean look at the Frontier version 1's, they make me sick just looking at them lol. I finally gave Bandai a chance once the version 2's came out, but it's just so damn hard to secure the damn things. I am lucky to have gotten the Bandai v2's that I have I guess. It would make me most likely quit collecting Macross toys if Arcadia stop making valks. I would actually say that Yamato toys is actually the reason I am a member here. My first post after lurking for so long, was about me getting the Original Isamu YF-19 or the double nuts first. I think the post was closed by David :p , but I ended up getting the cannon Isamu and Guld schemes, my first Macross toy purchase. I was so excited about them, that I bought them at full price from HLJ on the same order.

Yup, they're the reason why I'm here to. Got tired of my crappy Toynami Max 1J and decided to start searching for Japanese made Macross toys. Ran across this website talking about the V2 VF-1's right after they were first produced, did my research and bought one. I've been here following their releases ever since.