Interesting times - changes at Yamato Toys

Tochiro

Hey Graham... if your contact ever gets back to you, is there any way you can ask him if we can get copies of all the promo pics they had of all the Macross toys they made? It'd be great to archive those. The ones they had with the Zoomifiers.

Initial Reaction....

181_zps18466486.gif

Followed by....

193_zpsc8a124f3.gif

Realized no more toys.....

199_zps6ccd60ca.gif

Proceeded to do this....

164_zpsb772dff2.gif

and this...

211_zps78cdc7db.gif

Then the wife came by and did this

180_zpse54b1e53.gif

Reaction was..

31_zpsa7f1e246.gif

Followed by her doing this...for waking her up....

26_zpsa10adae0.gif

Was Yamato'ed for the last time..

229_zps504456be.gif

Then began to go to the dark side contemplating on finishing the Fontier V2 line...

270_zpseaa7cc86.gif

Oh the tough decisions....

Went to the Macross room and looked around and hanged out

213_zps9ca7a87e.gif

Edited by Kicker773

Soooooo if Yamato is being shut down due to debts, Arcadia needs to be a separate company. So, you won't get redirects and you won't get transferred licenses. Arcadia would need to purchase molds from the defunct Yamato if it wants to make formerly Yamato toys.

If that's true, Bandai DX 1/60 VF-1 here we come. Did you get your preorder in? :p

EDIT - As i've said elsewhere, Arcadia will probably be able to get whatever licenses Bandai doesn't want, so they'll get Mac7 and Mac0. So maybe Arcadia will buy the molds related to these franchises from Yamato and reissue those toys. SDF Macross? I think they'd have to pay more than Bandai is willing to pay... and I heard Bandai is liking the VF-1 these days (and their 1/72 model means they're very intimately familiar with it).

Edited by jenius

The"YAMATO TOYS" has gne!!

"Object not found!" http://www.yamato-toys.com/

The last masterpiece is "VF-4G Lightning III" !!

The exclusively pleasure holder in USA is TOYNAMI only... sigh.

株式会社やまと、ホームページが無くなった

連絡も取れないので、可変玩具の部品サポートも出来ないようだ。

BANDAI と トイナミ だけが喜び、消費者は悲しむ

post-1627-0-95264900-1362471061_thumb.jpg

Can we agree that Yamato must have been working in a restructuring plan for months (relocating resources, hiring in work groups, new labor contracts)??

It's hard for me to believe the CEO would greenlight the design and production of the VF-4G (metal molds aren't cheap) if they were ready to let the macross license go.

I believe we are getting encouraging news sooner than later!!!

Save and I are in the middle of making the 1/3000 SDF-1 and I was referring to the step-by-step guide in the Yamato blog. Argh..

If that's true, Bandai DX 1/60 VF-1 here we come. Did you get your preorder in? :p

Oh, f*ck no. Screw that.

Looks like Arcadia has a Facebook page (no Mac stuff yet, though):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2/510346885676271

Regarding the demise of Yamato, the birth of Arcadia, and the fate of ongoing develpment and production of new 1/60 perfect variable Macross toys, setting aside the fact that Bandai will continue producing their DX line of VFs from their Frontier license for the foreseable future, I'm somewhat conflicted... on the one hand, we'll never see toy renditions of the VF-5000, VF-9, VF-14, VF-2SS, etc. if Arcadia's BoD/CEO decides that the Macross niche no longer makes financial sense -- that makes me sad, but on the other hand I'll get to save myself a lot of money by not having the siren's call of new collectibles tempting the heck out of me and my wallet every few months from two sources.

Edited by mechaninac

Regarding the demise of Yamato, the birth of Arcadia, and the fate of ongoing develpment and production of new 1/60 perfect variable Macross toys, setting aside the fact that Bandai will continue producing their DX line of VFs from their Frontier license for the foreseable future, I'm somewhat conflicted... on the one hand, we'll never see toy renditions of the VF-5000, VF-9, VF-14, VF-2SS, etc. if Arcadia's BoD/CEO decides that the Macross niche no longer makes financial sense -- that makes me sad, but on the other hand I'll get to save myself a lot of money by not having the siren's call of new collectibles tempting the heck out of me and my wallet every few months from two sources.

Who wants to save money??

:lol::lol:

Give me the VF-5000, VF-9, VF-14, VF-3000, destroids, enemy mecha, etc

If a company such as Yamato goes bankrupt, shouldn't they announce it? I mean, legally. There is not so much secrecy when a company goes bankrupt, is it?

I keep my hopes up.

Still, it's a sad day

Just in case, I'm going to put this here

post-14893-0-69017900-1362501694.jpg

In 2008, five years ago, which makes sense, because generally speaking, depending on the chapter at least,

Is meant to allow the restructure of the company and to pay off debts. If they have the old Yamato employees,

Working at the new company, that means they must have had a strong restructuring!

That's good news!

Plus you guys forget VF-4G was made to number to make a profit, then they pushed the dateline forward due to higher

Demand. They aren't letting that mold die, it will come back.

It's business.