Interesting times - changes at Yamato Toys

Tochiro

Dammit guys, you've finally forced my hand. I was hoping to wait out the VF-19P and maybe get it on sale or at least delay the purchase for another couple months, but I just saw that it went from "in stock" to "low stock" on HLJ. So I gotta pick it up now or potentially miss out entirely. I hope I'm just overreacting and there will be plenty more Yamato offerings in the future, but at least I managed to nab my final must-have valkyrie on my list.

Well I'm with you. I was hoping to get it on sale later but if it's low stock now I'm diving in. It looks to me like Yamato selling the store to Arcadia which could very well mean a significant delay as the paperwork is processed for things like licensing rights before Arcadia is really able to produce anything. That's my guess as to why Arcadia didn't show anything at Wonderfest... the licenses are probably all in Yamato's name. :(

EDIT - I've never been involved with making anything that requires a license though so that could just be completely ignorant ramblings on my part.

Edited by jenius

Well, one of my lower level contacts got back to me, he confirmed it is still the same CEO, the company hasn't been sold, they want to diversify apparently. But my contact didn't know whether they will carry on with 1/60 PV Macross toys.

Waiting for someone higher up the food chain to get back to me.

Grahm

Well I'm with you. I was hoping to get it on sale later but if it's low stock now I'm diving in. It looks to me like Yamato selling the store to Arcadia which could very well mean a significant delay as the paperwork is processed for things like licensing rights before Arcadia is really able to produce anything. That's my guess as to why Arcadia didn't show anything at Wonderfest... the licenses are probably all in Yamato's name. :(

EDIT - I've never been involved with making anything that requires a license though so that could just be completely ignorant ramblings on my part.

My understanding is that this will depend on whether or not Arcadia is going to be recognized as the same company or not. If it's a 'buyout', the licences will likely need to be re-negotiated. If it's simply a change in title, than the licences will most likely simply be transferred to the company's new name as a matter of course. Don't quote me on that, it's been a while since I took any courses in business, but that's my general understanding of how this sort of thing works.

EDIT:

Well, one of my lower level contacts got back to me, he confirmed it is still the same CEO, the company hasn't been sold, they want to diversify apparently. But my contact didn't know whether they will carry on with 1/60 PV Macross toys. Waiting for someone higher up the food chain to get back to me. Grahm

In that case, yeah, I would expect the old licenses to simply transfer over to the new name. That's fairly good news- it implies to me that there should be relatively few major changes... Here's hoping, anyway.

Edited by aceoftherebellion

Call me a bandwagon jumper, but I followed suit and ordered another VF-19P before they disappeared from HLJ stock :rolleyes: . It's my favorite 19 outta the bunch, and since I just ordered an extra 19S and Fire Valkyrie that were on sale, I figured what the heck! Wife is gonna KILL ME, but I had to make sure I secured extras of this fantastic mold. Truly one of Yamato's crowning achievements.

Spoke to somebody today who knew about the company change prior to Wonder Festival and is happy with what's to come from Arcadia's Macross product line. They wouldn't say anything other than that. Let's hope I can find out more once I go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Edited by Save

Spoke to somebody today who knew about the company change prior to Wonder Festival and is happy with what's to come from Arcadia's Macross product line. They wouldn't say anything other than that. Let's hope I can find out more once I go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Thank you, Save! Interesting news!!!

So, I jus had a rather hilarious thought.

The rebranding seems like they're focusing a lot on their line of figures and dolls and such... most of which are rather well endowed, so to speak.

We've never heard anything one way or another about a MAXL. Wouldn't it be amusing if the rebranding that focused on these figures was actually a required development, and when we finally get Mylene's valk, its a crossover perfect transformation macross branded VMF50? Maybe they needed special arrangements to produce a macross item with roboboobies. :lol:

It might explain why we never got an accurate Miria pilot figure. :p

So, I jus had a rather hilarious thought.

The rebranding seems like they're focusing a lot on their line of figures and dolls and such... most of which are rather well endowed, so to speak.

We've never heard anything one way or another about a MAXL. Wouldn't it be amusing if the rebranding that focused on these figures was actually a required development, and when we finally get Mylene's valk, its a crossover perfect transformation macross branded VMF50? Maybe they needed special arrangements to produce a macross item with roboboobies. :lol:

It might explain why we never got an accurate Miria pilot figure. :p

David would be extremely happy if they do make the MAXL!!!

We must show yamato/arcadia that we care for transforming VF's!!

I'm thinking about buying another Elintseeker for myself and getting a VF-17S for my girlfriend's son just to help out (if there is such a thing.)

Do we know if these guys are huge fans of obscure Valks and SDFM styled SDF-1's?

Either way, the news forced my hand, I bought a VF-19P, and VF-19S.

my wallet feels like Yamato is history lol.

i'l be joining the -19S club soon myself... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

:lol: You guys are incredible. HLJ must have made a small fortune from scared buyers of the VF19P.

Add one more to that list. :ph34r: I've been eyeing the VF-19p and waiting for it to go on sale, but the news freaks me out, and the VF-19 mold to me is the best engineered Yamato mold to date. Solid transformation, tight joints, beautiful in all modes (well, maybe not so perfect in gerwalk mode with the infernal ankle design).

i don't personally foresee the 1/60 VF-19 series ankles being a real issue for me,

as i'm not the big "Nose-Down Aggressive GERWALK" fan that most members around here seem to be.

i prefer a more neutral, level-plane GERWALK stance, which should be no problem whatsoever for the -19S ankles, correct?

Edited by Shaorin

It's not hard to scare collectors of niche products into buying more is it? haha.

I think this is just a diversification, and will probably lead to a stronger product. Yamato started out as just one guy, and it's obviously been fairly profitable and popular. I think they make the best toys in the world after Hot Toys in Korea.

Anyway, with a macross movie on the horizon it's a property to keep alive.

It's not hard to scare collectors of niche products into buying more is it? haha.

I think this is just a diversification, and will probably lead to a stronger product. Yamato started out as just one guy, and it's obviously been fairly profitable and popular. I think they make the best toys in the world after Hot Toys in Korea.

Anyway, with a macross movie on the horizon it's a property to keep alive.

Any American made Macross/Robotech movie would be the death nail for this franchise, hopefully Harmony Gold, in this one instance keep their Iron Fist firmly planted. Better off being written and directed by a Japanese loyalist.

last thing I want to see is Justin Beiber as Rick, drooling over Taylor Swift as Minmay.

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Also the WB Macross title has been in pre-production for 8 years, that means it's dead.

pre-production at the latest, LATEST, is 1 year.

Deaded.

Edited by skullmilitia

It's dead until someone realizes they spent money buying a license and had hired people to develop script after script. They can take the loss or recoup it by fastracking a crappy movie that has no budget and hope that it'll make enough just to break even. But that's a discussion for this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38408

Here's hoping they refocus on on new Molds, I'd like a VF-9, VF-0D, and VT-1 please.

If making a new VF-19 V3, give me a Skull Squadron paint-up.

also, any color of VF-4, with Hard Points.

Also how about some other veritechs..

VA-3 invader http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/va-3.htm

VC-079 Civ Valk http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross2/vc-079-valkyrie.htm

Vampire http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vf-14-m3.htm

Cutlass http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vf-9.htm

Variable Glaug http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vglaug.htm

Schneegans http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/sw-xaii-schneegans.htm

thats a start...

I presume Arcadia will most likely reissue the v2 VF-1 series to test the waters and if the rumors are true then followed by v2 YF-19 and Zero valks.

*crossing fingers*

This Yamato-Arcadia transition will give me some time to catch up on my valk collection

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I presume Arcadia will most likely reissue the v2 VF-1 series to test the waters and if the rumors are true then followed by v2 YF-19 and Zero valks.

*crossing fingers*

This Yamato-Arcadia transition will give me some time to catch up on my valk collection

Why would they "reissue" the V2 VF-1's? It's the same owner of the company as Yamato and they already reissued 30th anniversary VF-1's, lots of varieties, as Yamato this past year that have sold out most places. They're already aware of how they sell.