VF Modeling Manual

Jefuemon

• 3 weeks later...

Just got notice from Amazon that it's shipping. And once I get it, EXO has asked me to do a review for the front page, so keep an eye open in the next few days!

I was going to skip this one... until I read your review. I picked it up this evening after work, and it is GORGEOUS!! So thanks!

Glad I could be of help! Going to be trying out that vernier technique on an old Imai Gerwalk kit. Looks simple enough, but I'd rather mess with an old kit I really don't care all that much about than a Hasegawa kit.

Hehe, got one today off HLJ and is also in my warehouse together with the 50% 1/72 Hasegawa VF-11B Nothung II model kit at Yen1,500, now when was the last time a new Macross kit was so cheap!

• 1 month later...

Is anyone going to be translating the book for those of us who do not read Japanese? I am very interested in the write-up for the VF-3000 and the modelling tips near the last section of the book.

I did a slightly modified "how to" on the recessed verniers section.

Thanks, I saw that post before I got the book. Your way seems easier plus I also plan to get a few of those PE sets too. Do those flat PE discs have another use or did Jasmine intend for them to be the part of the thrusters?

My idea was to drill out the holes and glue some bell nozzles on the inside but that is not always feasible with the limited space in the kit.

Thanks, I saw that post before I got the book. Your way seems easier plus I also plan to get a few of those PE sets too. Do those flat PE discs have another use or did Jasmine intend for them to be the part of the thrusters?

My idea was to drill out the holes and glue some bell nozzles on the inside but that is not always feasible with the limited space in the kit.

I think that's what Jasmine intended them to be used as. Problem is, they never included directions on how to actually use them that way. Just a picture of a completed set, with part numbers on them. No mention of using a plastic tube or anything.

Though, I guess to more experienced builders, it may have been self evident- but I had no clue until I got the book!