Which Yamato Hikaru Ichijyo valkyrie should I buy? I only have money f

Swooshiex

Yea i may keep and get the custom option parts. They look sweet painted, if that's still a option.

Just waiting to hear back from seller as far as price..

The fact that I have the option again is making me re think my decision of the yamato vf-1j and a 1/55 1s Roy. Now I'm thinking I should do it the opposite way....

One of my main reasons/thoughts/concern is the white white of the yamato 1j compared to the 1s.

I made this decision already but as I said having the option again has my head all fkd up, again!

SuperSeni I did think about painting myself but I doubt I'd be happy with the result. I don't have much experience and wouldn't want to mess him up.

Well, it's not like you have to paint any colored detail onto the option parts (unless you wanted to) -- they are all just solid colors. I'm sure you could do a reasonably good job painting the parts all white.

So I kept the NON 30th vf-1j and ordered fan made option parts through these forums.

Seller made me a offer I couldn't refuse.

I also ordered a 1/55 Roy :)

Maybe a 30th Roy, then ill stop....lol

I'm also looking at the Yamato batledroid, looks sweet.

Actually I haven't seen anyone or anywhere selling the 30th vf-1j. I wonder it even exist.

Is this true even for the DYRL styled "Gray Goggles" variant of the VF-1J?

Yes...bright white.

So the 30th anniversary release is tv version as well? I am confused.

Yes it is......

is there any difference between the movie and tv version of the vf-1j?

There is no movie version.....just TV versions.....

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my NON 30th VF-1J from eBay yesterday. I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy because when inspected, it has the window display box (I know some newer versions do not), the valk has the updated crotch mechanism, and should have the updated shoulder hinges. I am sad too because, I kinda was looking forward to someones old stock. Why??? Because I like the tinted canopy. The 2 old versions I have (VT-1, and Hikaru DYRL VF-1S)... both canopies are fine.

IMG_20130211_202944_zps4861a77a.jpg

IMG_20130211_202652_zpse162253b.jpg

Is it in the same bright white colour as in 30th anniversary edition?

Or, more closer to the off/darker white colour found in movie version?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Very helpful topic, specially for a beginer like me... Thanks for everything.

I think I like the bright white one. The following is the NO 30th anniversary.

vf1stv_box_front_view.jpg

- Could you please tell me which issue is this? (V2, V2?, others)

- Does it have the shoulders issue or the updated shoulder hinges?

- Does it have the rainbow finished canopy? looks like it does.

- It does have the updated crotch locking mechanism, right?

- It does not have the extra option parts (side covers and raised pilot seat for display in battroid mode), right?

- What are the differences with the 30th anniversary edition (same box, just with the 30th anniv. logos. There is a picture posted in this topic). I read the 30th anniv. is an improvement.

- What is a reasonable price for it?

- Would a 30th aniv. super parts work with it? (Pic. below)

mghx_15bs3H6zF-Fb6OgHyQ.jpg

Sorry for too many questions. Thank you!!!

i knew I shouldn't be reading any sites... I just ordered a 1/48th Yamato Angel Bird and now I'm having second thoughts, since the 1/60 seems to be the one everyone's suggesting. Any reason to not get a 1/48th? The only time it was mentioned was that they keep it in fighter mode... does that mean it's not good in battloid or gerwalk configuration?

Edited by bhchan

Very helpful topic, specially for a beginer like me... Thanks for everything.

I think I like the bright white one. The following is the NO 30th anniversary.

- Could you please tell me which issue is this? (V2, V2?, others)

- Does it have the shoulders issue or the updated shoulder hinges?

- Does it have the rainbow finished canopy? looks like it does.

- It does have the updated crotch locking mechanism, right?

- It does not have the extra option parts (side covers and raised pilot seat for display in battroid mode), right?

- What are the differences with the 30th anniversary edition (same box, just with the 30th anniv. logos. There is a picture posted in this topic). I read the 30th anniv. is an improvement.

- What is a reasonable price for it?

- Would a 30th aniv. super parts work with it? (Pic. below)

Sorry for too many questions. Thank you!!!

- Could you please tell me which issue is this? (V2, V2?, others) This is Roy Focker TV version 2.2

- Does it have the shoulders issue or the updated shoulder hinges? It has the improved shoulder hinges

- Does it have the rainbow finished canopy? looks like it does. It doesn't have the rainbow canopy.

- It does have the updated crotch locking mechanism, right? Yes

- It does not have the extra option parts (side covers and raised pilot seat for display in battroid mode), right? No it doesn't. Only the 30th Anniversary came with option parts.

- What are the differences with the 30th anniversary edition (same box, just with the 30th anniv. logos. There is a picture posted in this topic). I read the 30th anniv. is an improvement. Box art is the same minus the stickers and option parts

- What is a reasonable price for it? $150

- Would a 30th aniv. super parts work with it? (Pic. below) Yes it will work

Sorry for too many questions. Thank you!!! You're Welcome!

Edited by plastik

Personally, i would sit tight and see what happens after Arcadia releases their initial VF-1 offerings... unless it's a very, very good deal and you don't mind not getting the option parts.

Btw, i just sold that same valk (displayed, never transformed) for $120... so, $150 may be a tad much, imo... Just when the Yamato panic started i was still able to get a Hikaru 1S 30th Anniv. Ed. for $125. The new Arcadia DYRL VF-1S is going for 14,400JPY at amiami, roughly $150 (w/out shipping) and it comes with the option parts and a stand.

As for the Super/Strike parts, those are technically for DYRL VF-1s... You will need the TV ver. Super Parts for the TV Focker. It will obviously fit on the valk, but if you're anal about these things, it might bother you some.

Edited by m0n5t3r

i knew I shouldn't be reading any sites... I just ordered a 1/48th Yamato Angel Bird and now I'm having second thoughts, since the 1/60 seems to be the one everyone's suggesting. Any reason to not get a 1/48th? The only time it was mentioned was that they keep it in fighter mode... does that mean it's not good in battloid or gerwalk configuration?

The only reason to get 1/48 over 1/60 is size. Other then that the 1/60 version 2.1 and higher is a better toy in every department. Battroid and Gerwalk modes are fine but I would recommend leaving them alone after transformation since they're a bit floppy

Edited by plastik

The 1/48s are not bad toys by any means. They are quite good, but the 1/60s have several refinements that put them just a few notches higher in my opinion. There are quite few collectors who believe that the size and extra little gimmicks of the 1/48s more than compensate for the updates that the 1/60s make.

Personally, i would sit tight and see what happens after Arcadia releases their initial VF-1 offerings... unless it's a very, very good deal and you don't mind not getting the option parts.

Btw, i just sold that same valk (displayed, never transformed) for $120... so, $150 may be a tad much, imo... Just when the Yamato panic started i was still able to get a Hikaru 1S 30th Anniv. Ed. for $125. The new Arcadia DYRL VF-1S is going for 14,400JPY at amiami, roughly $150 (w/out shipping) and it comes with the option parts and a stand.

As for the Super/Strike parts, those are technically for DYRL VF-1s... You will need the TV ver. Super Parts for the TV Focker. It will obviously fit on the valk, but if you're anal about these things, it might bother you some.

You sold a TV 1S for $120? That was a relative bargain. Some forum members are selling those for $200. Mandarake had one listed a while back for 15,000 yen.

You sold a TV 1S for $120? That was a relative bargain. Some forum members are selling those for $200. Mandarake had one listed a while back for 15,000 yen.

Guess i'm not one of those members... I was only looking to get back what I paid for it and not lose any money. I had it displayed since i bought it and enjoyed it while it was part of my collection... I was just paranoid it would start yellowing soon coz of how white it was and save myself the same disappointment i felt when my 1/48 VF-1J (my first ever valk) started yellowing last year. I guess that's another issue with the 1/48s... older product - older plastic - more prone to yellowing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, talking about cheap Valks I have bought the 1/60 VF-1A Valkyrie Kakizaki TV figure about a month ago from HK and should be arriving these days.

aq1920_3.jpg

Now based on everything I have read so far, I am pretty sure it does have the shoulders´ problem. Right? Now I know why it was so 1000% cheap!!

I remember reading some place in MW that one can buy some spare shoulders or something like that, but I just don´t remember where and really couldn´t find it again.

Could anyone please tell me where to order them and how much does it cost?

Thank you!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, talking about cheap Valks I have bought the 1/60 VF-1A Valkyrie Kakizaki TV figure about a month ago from HK and should be arriving these days.

Now based on everything I have read so far, I am pretty sure it does have the shoulders´ problem. Right? Now I know why it was so 1000% cheap!!

I remember reading some place in MW that one can buy some spare shoulders or something like that, but I just don´t remember where and really couldn´t find it again.

Thank you!!!

It might not be true of your purchase, in fact the shoulders prob will be perfect. Check out the yamato 1/60 v.2 article on anymoon.com by mw member jenius. He has a masterlist of safe valks from issues. Yours is safe.

edite: tried posting with iphone and it double posted

Edited by davidwhangchoi

aq1920_3.jpg

Thank you!!!

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Yamato-V2-Table-2.jpg

I actually believe HKC are still selling the 2009 version 2.0 Hayao Kakizaki version with rainbow canopy. Going by anymoon.com's list, there haven't been any TV Kakizaki releases since then.

It doesn't matter that much, because it is still marked as 'safe'. I can actualy vouch for it myself: this was the first Valk I got, mostly to get a taste for the VF-1 Valk at a very affordable price. It's a wonderful looking Valk: I personally really like the simple coloring.

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Yamato-V2-Table-2.jpg

I actually believe HKC are still selling the 2009 version 2.0 Hayao Kakizaki version with rainbow canopy. Going by anymoon.com's list, there haven't been any TV Kakizaki releases since then.

It doesn't matter that much, because it is still marked as 'safe'. I can actualy vouch for it myself: this was the first Valk I got, mostly to get a taste for the VF-1 Valk at a very affordable price. It's a wonderful looking Valk: I personally really like the simple coloring.

I bought one 3 months ago, trust me its a fixed version.

Well then I should look for a DYRL? VF-1A Kakizaki Custom.... or should I wait for a re-release by Arcadia? Hm.....

It's doubtful Arcadia will reissue Kakizaki in any form. It appears they are following a much more conservative strategy than Yamato when it comes to the VF-1 so as to avoid flooding the market with too many variants of the same design. They've already announced releases of the Roy and Hikaru VF-1S, which are always going to be hot sellers. After that, my guess would be a Hikaru TV VF-1J. There are many other designs that are likely to get reissued before variants like Kakizaki or cannon fodder.

It's doubtful Arcadia will reissue Kakizaki in any form. It appears they are following a much more conservative strategy than Yamato when it comes to the VF-1 so as to avoid flooding the market with too many variants of the same design. They've already announced releases of the Roy and Hikaru VF-1S, which are always going to be hot sellers. After that, my guess would be a Hikaru TV VF-1J. There are many other designs that are likely to get reissued before variants like Kakizaki or cannon fodder.

[citation needed]

It's not like Arcadia released the 1/60v2 line all at once. It was nearly a year from the release of the first 1/60v2 (a Focker, just like this time) until Kakizaki was released. It was around this time I decided to pick up 1/48 M&M, thinking "Nah, they'll never release M&M in 1/60v2, look at how conservative they're being. They're not releasing any obscure variants." Then a few months later they announced the 1/60v2 M&M release.

It's possible that they may limit themselves to the more proven sellers, but if they're taking the build-to-order approach anyway, would it really surprise anyone if we start seeing more variants?

Don't assume it's coming out but don't be surprised either.

Edited by MikeRoz

[citation needed]

It's not like Arcadia released the 1/60v2 line all at once. It was nearly a year from the release of the first 1/60v2 (a Focker, just like this time) until Kakizaki was released. It was around this time I decided to pick up 1/48 M&M, thinking "Nah, they'll never release M&M in 1/60v2, look at how conservative they're being. They're not releasing any obscure variants." Then a few months later they announced the 1/60v2 M&M release.

It's possible that they may limit themselves to the more proven sellers, but if they're taking the build-to-order approach anyway, would it really surprise anyone if we start seeing more variants?

Don't assume it's coming out but don't be surprised either.

I don't have a direct quote, but IIRC, I saw some posts by other forum members who referenced an interview or Twitter post from Mr. K at Arcadia, who basically said that part of what led to Yamato's demise was the release of too many variants of the same designs. From that, I inferred that Arcadia's approach would be to release fewer variants, and only those that are likely to be top sellers. I think you do have a point in that the build-to-order approach takes a lot of the risk out of the equation, and therefore releases of less popular variants by this method may lead to less shelf-warmers.

I agree that we won't know for sure until it happens, but my gut feeling is to not hold my breath for a Kakizaki re-release. If this happens, perhaps all those people who picked up Kakizaki at bargain prices will suddenly be able to charge premium prices on the secondary market???? :D