ToraCon 2013

Well, there's a con coming up in Rochester NY on March 23-25th. My friend and I are going as Shin Kudo and Roy Focker (respectively) from Macross Zero. If any fans of macross are in the area, come by and hang out with us!

http://toracon.rit.edu/

If your going as Roy & Shin do take some pics! Are you going in actual flight suits?

If your going as Roy & Shin do take some pics! Are you going in actual flight suits?

We intend to ;) And yes, we're doing the full on flight suit get up.

Is there any focus on toys here? Any vendors ?

That's a good question. I'm not sure!

We intend to ;) And yes, we're doing the full on flight suit get up.

That's a good question. I'm not sure!

Thats awesome, I've been working on a Mac Zero uniform for a while now but having a accurate helmet, now thats the real issue. Can't wait to see yours in action!! B))

Thats awesome, I've been working on a Mac Zero uniform for a while now but having a accurate helmet, now thats the real issue. Can't wait to see yours in action!! B))

Helmets WERE an issue for us, but we decided to go with an open face helmet to make them appear as though the pilots just don't have their masks on, similar to the original SDF Macross or this image:

http://api.ning.com/files/WTJj0Pj8Ud4-0BO3e8ns3AXek58NpQzwOOpGbNVENrhFFTTp*mQlxTxovmUnaRGzwGEMNvOsdRB9OT2GpFp4-RuwIJTU6275/shin_kudo.jpg?width=184&height=184&crop=1%3A1

Helmets WERE an issue for us, but we decided to go with an open face helmet to make them appear as though the pilots just don't have their masks on, similar to the original SDF Macross or this image:

http://api.ning.com/files/WTJj0Pj8Ud4-0BO3e8ns3AXek58NpQzwOOpGbNVENrhFFTTp*mQlxTxovmUnaRGzwGEMNvOsdRB9OT2GpFp4-RuwIJTU6275/shin_kudo.jpg?width=184&height=184&crop=1%3A1

That sounds like a good solution. I have a 1:1 Roy Focker TV Helmet and thought of using that as a base to make as you said "An open faced M-0 helmet" as the forward Visor and mask section, thats where it gets a bit dodgy!

That sounds like a good solution. I have a 1:1 Roy Focker TV Helmet and thought of using that as a base to make as you said "An open faced M-0 helmet" as the forward Visor and mask section, thats where it gets a bit dodgy!

Woah, where did you get that?!

Woah, where did you get that?!

It was a home made Resin kit someone made years ago and was recently selling them on Evilbay...there not horrible but need alot of TLC to look Awesome! This is what mine looks like, eventually I'll have the interior done and side pieces mounted. B))

post-6180-0-10160500-1360463449_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-18271000-1360463453_thumb.jpg

It was a home made Resin kit someone made years ago and was recently selling them on Evilbay...there not horrible but need alot of TLC to look Awesome! This is what mine looks like, eventually I'll have the interior done and side pieces mounted. B))

Damn, I've been looking for one of those for a LONG time!