Gundam the Origin in 2014?

Tochiro

With Gundam being my favorite series of all time (the franchise as whole) I am on board for this. I would a slightly more mature "remake" of the original series. One thing I would love to see are the characters that, while not in the original show, appear in that time period such as Gato from 0083 Stardust memory and his appearance in the Battle of Solomon even if only a cameo just as a nod to fans. this is great news as Gundam AGE is not appealing to me. Just wish more Gundam came here in the U.S. I don't like subs...

That's probably not going to happen as Origin is going to be a TV series.

Well, I get that, but the combat choreography (I would hope) can be replicated to a certain extent. That's really what got me hooked on unicorn. The story is great and all, but the way combat flows out....just makes sense. The things pilots do, the way they respond, and the way the machines move/respond/get damaged certainly makes more sense.

But yeah, I see your point. Hard to do the same when you have a week or two per episode....

Just wish more Gundam came here in the U.S. I don't like subs...

To each their own. the thought of a potential Gundam remake in the style of Yamato 2199 WITH subs on the Japanese BDs has me excited (and my wallet crying). Plus, I've given up on any official releases of Gundam outside of Japan anymore honestly.

The fact that Gundam Age was handled the way it was (Eng subs on BDs for hardcore fans and no overseas release for the only Gundam in ages that might hook a new, younger viewership - Gunpla Builders doesnt count!) was evidence enough of the way I think Bandai will continue their releases in the future.

Something based on the novels might be interesting.

Oooh... Amuro actually sleeping with Sayla and hence bringing a more complex dynamic to the rivalry with Char? I like!

If this happens I just hope they mature the characters a little bit so they can keep Furuya and Ikeda on for the lead roles.

Since this was all fake, I'm still maintaining my position that Banrise just made that announcement back in 2011 to shut up the AGE haters.

I was of that opinion for a long time as well (in fact, its what a lot of colleagues at work thought too - then again, before they announced Origin, the guy sitting behind me literally started rocking back and forth with his head in his hands after seeing the character designs/plot outline of AGE) and while it may well have been, I think that Bandai has taken this long because they actually announced it without really knowing what they wanted to do. Remember, they havent said they arent doing Origin, or even that they aren't doing it in 2014 - just that the March issue of Gundam ACE wont have any information about it. That seems like a suspiciously precise comment to make....

Also, with AGE wrapped up, theres no new Gundam on the horizon other than the SEED Destiny HD remasters. Give that a year to wrap up and we will be due for a new Gundam in 2014...

If this happens I just hope they mature the characters a little bit so they can keep Furuya and Ikeda on for the lead roles.

Every time I watch the commercial film of "MRP Sonic by Art Nature," I feel sad... *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFNHycrBqQ&feature=share&list=UUW7-5CS1A6km6mfG7_kmUTg

while it may well have been, I think that Bandai has taken this long because they actually announced it without really knowing what they wanted to do. Remember, they havent said they arent doing Origin, or even that they aren't doing it in 2014 - just that the March issue of Gundam ACE wont have any information about it. That seems like a suspiciously precise comment to make....

Personally, I think it's a combination of not knowing what they wanted to do, being busy with Ace and Unicorn (there's only so much talent to spread around), and I'm sure they want to maximize sales of such things as the Puramo kits - no point in spending more to earn the same or less in sales, in this post Leeman shock, high yen economy.