Live-action Robotech Movie

zulu

Beijing Comic Convention. Kawamori and Tenjin are hosting the Macross panel. Harmony Gold is going to China to host their own panel. In China. A country that never had to deal with RT. A country that would rather produce their own big-budget entertainment than import. They even have a law that prohibits over-saturation of foreign entertainment.

Where is the logic in RT in China?

Didn't Robotech air in China?

The LA anime expo announced Kawamori as a guest, so now the question is that since last year it was a big robotech thing will be talk much about that or just talk about Delta, or maybe we'll get some surprising news that Harmony Gold worked out a deal to let all the Macross stuff come to the US. I know, wishful thinking🙃

• 2 weeks later...

What are you talking about? Robotech was brought to China decades ago. HG has released several Robotech DVD sets and comics there - some which never even got released in the US. China is undoubtly one of HG's most important markets.

I'm guessing this may be one of the reasons why HG is desperately trying to keep Robotech in the public consciousness:

Robotex

It's got an English dubbed Korean animated show on Cartoon Network Philippines and a full toyline in local stores.

I'm guessing this may be one of the reasons why HG is desperately trying to keep Robotech in the public consciousness:

Robotex

It's got an English dubbed Korean animated show on Cartoon Network Philippines and a full toyline in local stores.

WTF?

Oh yeah? How come Harmony Gold hasn't gone after these companies infringing on their copyrights?

RoboTech Center

Robotech Labs

Robotech CAD Solutions

Robotech Eng Co. Ltd.

Robo-Tech

Because "Robotex" deals in some of the same product categories that Robotech does, and Robotex appears to be popular enough that it could dilute the Robotech brand, particularly in a marketplace as crucial as China.

Edited by Chet

Oh yeah? How come Harmony Gold hasn't gone after these companies infringing on their copyrights?

RoboTech Center

Robotech Labs

Robotech CAD Solutions

Robotech Eng Co. Ltd.

Robo-Tech

I believe it's because none of those companies work within the entertainment industry or offer products that are totally different from Harmony Gold's products. It's the same reason that two companies can have the same name as long as they have different logos and offer dissimilar products, i.e. Bass Ale and Bass Pro Shop.

I believe it's because none of those companies work within the entertainment industry or offer products that are totally different from Harmony Gold's products. It's the same reason that two companies can have the same name as long as they have different logos and offer dissimilar products, i.e. Bass Ale and Bass Pro Shop.

That shouldn't stop them. After all, four decades ago, Apple Corps., The Beatles' record label, sued Apple Computers for trademark infringement. The case was settled, provided that Apple Computers stayed away from the music industry. Then Steve Jobs introduced the iPod...

Also, the World Wildlife Fund sued the World Wrestling Federation over the WWF initials. After nearly a decade of legal battles, the pandas won and the wrestling promotion was forced to change their name to World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE.

And again, not one mention the original creators of Macross for anything. Bad article.

Also, it had this little tid-bit (which has been corrected)

post-12411-0-94792600-1466568492_thumb.jpg

That shouldn't stop them. After all, four decades ago, Apple Corps., The Beatles' record label, sued Apple Computers for trademark infringement. The case was settled, provided that Apple Computers stayed away from the music industry. Then Steve Jobs introduced the iPod...

Oh, it was worse than that.

After the initial lawsuit/settlement where they agreed to stay out of each others' markets, Apple the record company sued because the Apple IIgs had a synthesizer chip in it, meaning it could be programmed to play then-quality computer music, of a sort entirely unrelated to the kind Apple Records sold. Apple-the-music felt it was a breach of the prior settlement.

Apple Records sued AGAIN because the Mac had a system sound that was a short sequence of chimes, and thus a very short musical composition. Apple-the-transistors was PUBLISHING MUSIC and this was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

This provoked a detailed settlement that outlined who had what rights to use the Apple trademark so they wouldn't keep getting into legal throwdowns.

The reason Apple-the-record-company lost to Apple-the-computer-company over iTunes is that being 1991, when specifying who got what parts, they specified physical media carrying prerecorded content. So even though Apple-the-computers was trampling ALL OVER Apple-the-records, their own legal settlement had ceded those rights to the computer company.

The one with the hardware later bought the music trademarks off of the one with the CDs for an alleged half-billion dollars and now licenses the music trademarks to the one with the records. So after some thirty years of bickering, that particular hatchet is now firmly buried.

It is, perhaps, even messier than the current english DYRL standoff where three or four companies think they have rights, but no one is sure so they're all waiting to see a release so they can sue over it and sort things out in court.

Edited by JB0

Hoping for some behind the scenes deal to be made. Final peace and negotiations would be the best option. Maybe they asked Kawamori to be involved and he accepted. Wishful thinking.

Edited by sh9000

And again, not one mention the original creators of Macross for anything. Bad article.

Also, it had this little tid-bit (which has been corrected)

attachicon.gifcapture-20160621-162210.jpg

From the first line of the article "In the 1980s, Carl Macek brought to the United States a series of Japanese cartoons that he had scotch-taped together and turned into the 85-episode series known asRobotech."

I don't think this particular article needed any more detail than that.

As for this whole discussion, still no movie eh?

Hoping for some behind the scenes deal to be made. Final peace and negotiations would be the best option. Maybe they asked Kawamori to be involved and he accepted. Wishful thinking.

If they were smart they'd do that, Kawamori specifically said in an interview that he's willing to help them. Which is massively generous given they've been the gatekeeper dicks who have stopped his creations from reaching wider markets.

If they were smart they'd do that, Kawamori specifically said in an interview that he's willing to help them. Which is massively generous given they've been the gatekeeper dicks who have stopped his creations from reaching wider markets.

1. It's not his battle to fight, and 2. Harmony Gold hasn't stopped anything. Anyone around here have trouble watching whatever Macross they want?

1. It's not his battle to fight, and 2. Harmony Gold hasn't stopped anything. Anyone around here have trouble watching whatever Macross they want?

They've prevented anyone from legally licensing most Macross series', video games, and manga. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that they were the only license holder who refused to allow the localisation of the (non OG) Super Robot Wars series of games.

Most importantly, toys. I know they woud not be in tru but web shops in the states would be less gun shy about importing them. Bandai could produce more than just for Japan and maybe we wouldn't have 5 second pre-order windows. That's not even an exaggeration.

What the HELL is this?

Apparently a member of 4chan attended a licensing expo...and this was a flyer at HG's booth.

That's gotta be a fake.

post-31-0-05203100-1466655550_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

Boy oh boy, I do hope that poster is fake. Is that the Satelight logo I see on the bottom right corner? Satelight can't be okay with this. "Help Us Create"...... :angry: I'm sure Big West would like to setup a meeting.

Edited by SuperHobo

By the way, the author of this "article" blocked me on Twitter for the following criticism, "Would have been nice if you had mentioned all those designs came from the original Japanese show "Macross".", and pointing out the Star Wars influenced Star Wars error.

And that was the extent of my tweeting to him.

If you're going to play the victim Jefuemon you might not want to provide links to the tweet you being a sacastic d-bag. Sure your comment about Macross made have had its merits, but pointing out the typo like you did makes you a wiseass.

TLDR?

Hmm... Sacastic twitter comment results in blocking? Never thought that!

Edited by renegadeleader1

I'm not playing the victim, I'm pointing out how thin-skinned the author of that atrocious piece of Harmony Gold propaganda is.

What the HELL is this?

Apparently a member of 4chan attended a licensing expo...and this was a flyer at HG's booth.

That's gotta be a fake.

Troll Level: Grand Master.

Lol!

Edited by peter