Live-action Robotech Movie

zulu

God, how is Robotech still alive????

It's not, but it's unfortunately not dead either, as then it would be gone and never heard from again.

This is a classic example of an undead franchise. Nothing new brought to the table, just shambles along muttering the same old lines:

"The best is yet to come......."

"It's in the pipeline........"

"Buy our crap rebranded Macross goods.........."

(to those of you who think I'm joking, check out the Robotech News Twitter feed. I just covered 80% of their tweet content with those three lines)

Maybe if everyone just ignored them they'd go away. At this point, a non-trivial amount of news and traffic about HG and Rtech is really just Macross fans grumbling about them.

Once we stop paying attention to them, who'll be left?

Maybe if everyone just ignored them they'd go away. At this point, a non-trivial amount of news and traffic about HG and Rtech is really just Macross fans grumbling about them.

Once we stop paying attention to them, who'll be left?

Good luck with that. There are still hordes of rabid RT fans out there that crave even the most insignificant news on the title they worship.

Someone buying the live action movie rights was the best and worst thing that could happen to Robotech. If the movie is ever made it could bring new life to the property. Even if it sucked and nobody liked it. There's still a good chance it could make enough money for a sequel. On the other hand if the movie is development hell forever then none of that can happen. To make matters worst the deal might limit what HG do can with Robotech on their own.

Just a few days ago, Michael Bradley, who played Yellow Dancer, posted this rant on his FB profile:

"Yay! Another throwback Thursday! Harmony Gold released this in 2015... I have not received one single cent. At least 20 songs of mine on this latest release. I've received dozens of emails from fans (mostly from South America) saying they bought this and can't wait until the next time I tour, so I can autograph this for them. Love the fans... but I'm not autographing this CD. Or any CD for which HG has not paid me and Steve Wittmack our royalties. But I'll autograph anything else... just nothing from Harmony Gold. I hope you all understand."

Edited by areaseven

Just a few days ago, Michael Bradley, who played Yellow Dancer, posted this rant on his FB profile:

"Yay! Another throwback Thursday! Harmony Gold released this in 2015... I have not received one single cent. At least 20 songs of mine on this latest release. I've received dozens of emails from fans (mostly from South America) saying they bought this and can't wait until the next time I tour, so I can autograph this for them. Love the fans... but I'm not autographing this CD. Or any CD for which HG has not paid me and Steve Wittmack our royalties. But I'll autograph anything else... just nothing from Harmony Gold. I hope you all understand."

Shock and awe

Stay classy, HG.

It's hard to have sympathy for a guy who took a non union job under an alias for a quick buck working on a "kid's cartoon show". He got paid in full back in the day and has no claims on the work. That is why despite complaining about HG for the last 10 years he's never tried to take them to court. It still it doesn't keep him from from touring South America playing Robotech songs and selling CD's with the music or doing cover performances of Mospeada music he himself has no right to.

It's hard to have sympathy for a guy who took a non union job under an alias for a quick buck working on a "kid's cartoon show". He got paid in full back in the day and has no claims on the work. That is why despite complaining about HG for the last 10 years he's never tried to take them to court. It still it doesn't keep him from from touring South America playing Robotech songs and selling CD's with the music or doing cover performances of Mospeada music he himself has no right to.

Did you see the contract they worked under? Was this newly done voice work since then?

Did you see the contract they worked under? Was this newly done voice work since then?

Michael Bradley hasn't done any work on Robotech since the Sentinels. He isn't even Lancer/Yellow Dancer's regular voice actor, Cam Clarke is. Bradley only provided the lyrics and singing voice for the character for which he was paid a one time lump sum for his work. Because he took that deal HG retained all the rights and can reuse his past work for things like LLA and the anniversary cd without having to pay him. His Robotech work is arguably his most enduring and recognizable work and he is cut off from capitalizing on it. That is why he is so upset and is appealing to fans instead of trying to get compensation from the courts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Robotech toda rescuuu!!!

(stuck in my head again after seeing this thread)

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Damn those commercials are creepy and super dated, thanks David I'm gonna have nightmares about this now! :lol::p

those women of robotech = creepy

Bradley only provided the lyrics and singing voice for the character for which he was paid a one time lump sum for his work. Because he took that deal HG retained all the rights and can reuse his past work for things like LLA and the anniversary cd without having to pay him.

That's actually how most music made specifically for a movie or television show is handled still.