Live-action Robotech Movie

zulu

Isn't this is just typical HG behavior?

Every time they feel the need to be relevant again, they name-drop a trending Hollywood name (or harass somebody over questionable IP infringement). After a few weeks, it eventually goes nowhere.

I'll believe it when people are actually buying tickets.

Isn't this is just typical HG behavior?

Every time they feel the need to be relevant again, they name-drop a trending Hollywood name (or harass somebody over questionable IP infringement). After a few weeks, it eventually goes nowhere.

I'll believe it when people are actually buying tickets.

Typical Hollywood behavior. They shoot for money makers to attract ad revenue. But like most Hollywood rumors, unless the person is actually filming the movie, it's all talk. Even if they're signed up, they still have to deal with everything else that could get in the way before filming starts. Look at Ant-Man. Edgar Wright was on-board right up to filming when Marvel and him decided to split.

Typical HG behavior will be spinning up the hype machine at their next convention panel.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My bad Exo, not trying to steal your thunder:) Lol replying from my iphone didnt look back far enough. But Gundam is still best!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Like I said, until he's actually filming, don't put too much faith behind rumor talk.

Case in point from yesterday: Josh Trank Departs Star Wars Anthology Film

Trank was signed up and ready to film but then things happen and the studio and director split. So when HG brings in the hype machine at their convention panels, remember stuff like this. And remember all they other times they've named-dropped and yet nothing happened.

I'm still betting that if the live action Robotech movie actually does get made, the general public will probably think that it's just a Transformers rip-off.

Or a Pacific Rim ripoff.

so will a live action Macross or Robotech movie actually ever happen? Im kinda surprised that after all these years no one has dipped their toes into it!? We've have 4 too many Transformers movies already so what's the delay!?

Good question.

It'd be nice if there were hundreds of posts over the past decade or so here dissecting the exact reasons why it hasn't happened, wouldn't it?

Not only will it not look anything like the original show (because they have rights to the animation only) but the original designs

would never hold up to a big budget movie. It would have to be completely redone, and would not retain any of what you loved

about Macross or Robotech.

Hope, that it never makes it off the "no budget" floor.

It would have to completely re-invent Science Fiction, to be anything more than a lack luster "another transformers wtf" movie

with the 99.99999999999999999% of the people buying movie tickets.

Space Battleship Yamato live action was done semi-right. The ship design, wardrobe were changed just enough not to fukk with your childhood, though the rest was sort of meh.

Frankly, if this thing ever gets off the ground, I hope Michael Bay directs it. It will be so far from the original, I just won't care.

^^^^^^

If thing should get off the ground and Michael Bay were to direct, any chance of this movie being remotely interesting goes right out the window. Its nickname will be "Explosions Part 5"

Edited by 505thAirborne

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm looking forward to rick hunter teaming up with Zor to fight the invid and get the flowers of life for minmay and lisa.

And the last 1/3rd of the movie will be some idiot named Scott running around saying "Admiral Hunter" every third sentence!

Now I'm feeling like I need to work "Admiral Hunter" into every post that I make.

• 4 weeks later...

I foresee Rick Hunter & Khyron playing a game of chicken. Veritech vs. Battlepod, both survive the mid air collision and continue the fight using wreckage from the vehicles as weapons

and there will be a tribute to Roy Fokker as the credits roll. Probably a Wiz Khalifa song with a white guy singing the hook

Perfect. Wan is great at directing disposable, melodramatic box office fluff that is forgotten a month after it's released. I couldn't have hoped for a more ideal marriage of IP and director. Please hire Damon Lindelof to write Robotech. Let that come to pass :)