Imperial Airlines was recently rated as the worst airline with most delays and lost luggages. They recently changed my connecting flight to Bespin without notifying the passengers. Their customer services just said "Pray we don't alter it any further." They suck. I'm flying Star Tours airlines next time.

Imperial Airlines was recently rated as the worst airline with most delays and lost luggages. They recently changed my connecting flight to Bespin without notifying the passengers. Their customer services just said "Pray we don't alter it any further." They suck. I'm flying Star Tours airlines next time.

Lol!

Oh man. Kevin Smith. haha. Why is he getting invites?

His work may have long ceased any pop culture relevance, but Smith is still a very entertaining live performer. IMO, it's the only thing of his that was ever worth watching and I think his public appearances are still entertaining.

At least the are getting the sets right :)

His work may have long ceased any pop culture relevance, but Smith is still a very entertaining live performer. IMO, it's the only thing of his that was ever worth watching and I think his public appearances are still entertaining.

At least the are getting the sets right :)

Yeah, he does have quite a persona when it comes to live appearances.

Wonder if Disney has plans for a dedicated "Star Wars" section for any of their theme parks.....Star Tours is getting old...even with the revamp.... ;)

The Studios. Getting rid of a bit of the Indiana Jones stuff, going to Star Wars. And they can always expand it a bit. The Studios have always been the main SW part of Disney World.

Now, if the new movies are mind-blowingly popular/profitable--then maybe a whole new section/major expansion, similar to the recent Fantasyland expansion.

Disney always seems to be very conservative when it comes to actually expanding the parks--90% of what's proposed never happens. It's basically amazing that the Fantasyland expansion actually happened at all. (though as always, it's still a lot less than was originally proposed)

That's my guess---somebody somehow needs/wants a mask at some point, and it'll be a big enough plot-point for the trilogy that they hired the original Vader-mask-designer to do a new one.

He didn't design the original mask, though. And I'm not sure how anyone is reaching the conclusion that because he's involved means Vader's costume is back.

Except it went up in flames at the end of Jedi.

Perhaps in an attempt to completely disintegrate Vader's helmet and outfit into ashes....Luke lost control of the raging funeral pyre and burned down the Ewok village and half of Endor's sacred forests......enraged, the Ewoks took arms against the "vile deceivers" and routed them out of Endor.....forbidding them from ever returning and vowing an eternal jihad against the rebels and their Jedi leader.....the Imperials took advantage of this and knowing of the "great fighting prowess" of the Ewok people...formed an elite anti-rebel unit code named "Furry Death".....the war has raged on for 30+ bloody years...cut to the opening title crawl...Episode VII......

Perhaps in an attempt to completely disintegrate Vader's helmet and outfit into ashes....Luke lost control of the raging funeral pyre and burned down the Ewok village and half of Endor's sacred forests......enraged, the Ewoks took arms against the "vile deceivers" and routed them out of Endor.....forbidding them from ever returning and vowing an eternal jihad against the rebels and their Jedi leader.....the Imperials took advantage of this and knowing of the "great fighting prowess" of the Ewok people...formed an elite anti-rebel unit code named "Furry Death".....the war has raged on for 30+ bloody years...cut to the opening title crawl...Episode VII......

Uncle George, is that you?

Is it just me or does that new "X-Wing" look like ass? I mean flaking paint? I saw peeling paint on it, that crap would come right off the first time it tried to fly. Then the pilot climbs up into the cockpit by stepping into the torpedo tube. Seriously? And a handhold that is permanently open? At least it looks like the pilot might have slightly better forward visibility, but the rest, sorry. As unrealistic as the original X-Wing was, at least the design made sense and had some utility. This thing just looks like a bad fan model. I would give them props for using a full size prop, except that it still looks like crap, and there is no way that those long freaking landing legs would ever fit into the bays they show on it. Plus what is with all the loose wires on the landing gear?

Edited by Knight26

It is the same star fighter, just a different paint scheme. I also don't know why having props is such a joy when it won't enhance the movie.

Um, it is a new design, based heavily on the RMcQ concept design of the X-Wing, but it is in no way the original X-Wing or any design seen on screen to this point.

It is the same star fighter, just a different paint scheme. I also don't know why having props is such a joy when it won't enhance the movie.

A. No it's not.

B. Because everything should be CGI all the time and the actors and extras should just climb in and out of greenscreen boxes, right?

And to Knight26's point, you mean the abused paintjobs that X-Wings and other Alliance fighters have had always? ;)

nadeau%201.jpg

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

The worn paint is not the issue, the fact that it is actively flaking and curling is. Aircraft paint doesn't do that, and when it wears to flakes off, doesn't curl, etc...

Star Wars isn't real. It's fiction.