It's certainly still playing here

Doesn't surprise me. Rotten Tomatoes had TFA somewhere in the Top 10 Box Office rankings since the movie came out and only stopped showing up there not that long ago. Hell, as of today, it's still showing in 6 theaters here in San Diego. I wonder how much money they've made total from theaters with this flick, especially how much Disney paid Lucas to own this franchise.

All of those images are available in the Art of the Force Awakens book. Available on Amazon or whatever site or bookstore you like.

Edited by Dobber

Wow, that's some awesome art! Looks like the original concept art did not have split wing X-Wings early on (first image in portfolio)? Split wing was introduced later?

Some seriously cool art. Yeah, glad they didn't give Luke a chonmage.

Edited by peter

The artbook is very well worth it's money. It feels like you just have to get these images into sequence with some filler story and you have a great Star Wars movie and then some. Some will say they just did that, but I like the result none the less. The artists nailed the essence of the Star Wars universe better than ever.

Some truly fantastic artwork. I like the TIE in landed configuration and that topknot Luke picture sure is interesting. The graphic design of Han in the trenchcoat is amazing (I like the beard). I might have to own this :)

If only they had gone with a Han like that.

To me, it's a little too Flash Gordon - especially the lapel of the jacket. (I know, I know, SW takes a lot of inspiration from classic Flash Gordon serials...)

That, and it was pretty much a given that Luke would grow a beard - it's visually consistent with the other wise Jedi Master characters. Having BOTH Luke & Han with beards? Maybe a bit much...

To me, it's a little too Flash Gordon - especially the lapel of the jacket. (I know, I know, SW takes a lot of inspiration from classic Flash Gordon serials...)

That, and it was pretty much a given that Luke would grow a beard - it's visually consistent with the other wise Jedi Master characters. Having BOTH Luke & Han with beards? Maybe a bit much...

I was thinking more the Western Style trench coat. Kind of an extension of how he looked on Endor but older.

So from looking around on the net, I guess we are NOT getting a 4K release with the blu-ray coming out. :angry: FAIL Disney. The Revenant is going all out with 4K, blu-ray, digital copy all in the same release for normal MSRP. So much for talking myself into upgrading to a new 4K TV/player just for TFA. :lol:

So from looking around on the net, I guess we are NOT getting a 4K release with the blu-ray coming out. :angry: FAIL Disney. The Revenant is going all out with 4K, blu-ray, digital copy all in the same release for normal MSRP. So much for talking myself into upgrading to a new 4K TV/player just for TFA. :lol:

There is so little 4k content out there I just can't find a reason to upgrade. I'm not so sure it's going to be the format everyone ends up moving to after 2k.

I agree -- I love that look for Han...or would have loved that look for Han. :(

Agreed! That was a really good look. Lost opportunity there, I think.

post-5048-0-75513400-1458164967.jpg

Obligatory.

There is so little 4k content out there I just can't find a reason to upgrade. I'm not so sure it's going to be the format everyone ends up moving to after 2k.

Going straight to 8K perhaps?

Of all the gimmicks the tv companies have dumped upon us I think 4K is going to stay. Im happy with mine now. Especially the Sony 75" 4K. If your in no hurry I'd wait though until the processors have absolutely no difficulty with running 4K. My Samsung. Just doesn't seem to have the guts to run 4K well.

I'm waiting until oled 4k is cheap and 4k content is plentiful. I was a very early HD convert but this change just isn't enough to excite me... plus no free time and kids I don't want watching TV.

Is there a list of the deleted scenes somewhere?