The people that are groaning about the Sailor Moon rip-off act might be the same people that loved SDF Macross but thought it might have been a little better if they didn't play up the singing so much. These might even be the same people then that said "Macross 7 sucks because it has guitars for flight controls." The point is that you can be a Macross fan that doesn't blindly gobble up J-pop and flying bulletproof girls.

To use your sports analogy, of all the fans I know of any sports team, all of them quite often acknowledge when the team has a bad game, or has a player not living up to potential, etc. They still support the home team but it's not like they turn a blind eye to all of its flaws. You can be a fan of a sports team and not like the defensive coordinator (ask any Green Bay Packers fan). You can be a fan of Macross and not like when it goes over-the-top with the dance numbers. If you were a fan who thought Macross was leaning too hard on the singing and dancing, Delta's throwing the girls into the actual fire fight is obviously going to be a huge turn-off. To say you think that was a 'step too far' doesn't make you not a Macross fan, it just means you're a Macross fan that likes some aspects more than others and that's OKAY. You can love Macross and hate Macross7 because of how silly it got. That's fine, Mac7 just didn't focus on the aspects you did like about Macross (and anyone who claims 7 captures the feel of SDF Macross is ignoring the fact it deliberately tried to be different). I'm sure there are lots of girl fans that like Macross despite of its often times relying on silly robots fighting in space. That's okay too.

Hey, you can be a fan of Macross in varying degrees though too. You can love all Macross, you can love most Macross, or you can even just love Macross mechanical designs and think most the shows are rubbish. All are valid.

It's funny how you could have such an enlightened viewpoint when it comes to those with differing views on "Macross"....but on TFA you are "shocked" that there could be anyone with a dissenting viewpoint.......it's quite hypocritical or as you would refer to it "douche-like"....

Ugh you're still hung up on my calling you out for douchey buying practices huh? Well, I appreciate you pointing out how rational I am as part of your effort to prove... something. Maybe you should read what I wrote about Macross and think about how you could apply it to the discussion of Star Wars. Instead of rabidly denouncing anyone and everyone who supports the film, maybe you should accept there are other opinions beyond your own and stop repeating your old and tired "it sucks and you're dumb if you don't think so!" nonsense and move on with your life.

LOL....I'm pretty sure I've provided helpful info that has helped many users avoid getting ripped off by sellers like you....but that argument was retired long ago....as for the current topic, your rational "perspectives" apparently only count towards opinions on Macross and local sports clubs...as proven by your own posts....for everything else you seem to be quite "douchey"....including bashing anyone that has a different opinion regarding TFA or even the prequels.....not sure why that bothers you so much

Carrie really was something back in the day. She loves On my way! so nice in that picture.

Chris

WTF? That is not even close to what I type Day! Stupid auto correct. Lol

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got to see Star Wars today with my Dad. From the opening crawl obviously written for an illiterate person it was clear this movie was not going to be anything more than okay. It is most definitely not better than any of the original Trilogy, and hardly better than the prequels. Save me Rian Johnson, please.

Dunno if any of you guys are into such things, but if you pre-order the movie at the Disney Store, you get a set of lithographs but I think they don't really have a sale price like Best Buy or Target will have. Best Buy will likely have a steelbook version to go along with the PT/OT steelbooks.

Count me as also happy that the Blu Ray release is so soon. I really enjoyed TFA.

For my .02 it was a much better addition to the Star Wars universe than the prequels (even if I only look at the "good scenes" from that trilogy). I also don't have the same love for the original trilogy that others do, I enjoyed them, and still do, but they're not sacred (for lack of a better term) to me.

And I have to check out the Disney store pre-order for their extra's.

-b.

I'm not even going to bother buying this, it was bad fan-fiction with really great special effects. I do not consider this movie to be any sort of true successor to the original trilogy.

+1. Not even on my radar.

I'm not even going to bother buying this, it was bad fan-fiction with really great special effects. I do not consider this movie to be any sort of true successor to the original trilogy.

-1. I like 7 more than the original trilogy.

Edited by anime52k8