More Gundam parallels:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Climax_U.C.:_The_Bonds_of_the_Bloodline

Federation Admiral has a pair of son and daughter twins. The son pilots a gold Berga Giros for the Crossbone Vanguard and hates his father, while her daughter pilots a F90II.

Death Star(Crossbone Vangaurd literally built an identical Death Star) is destroyed, admiral goes into the battlefield in a Prototype Javelin and is mortally wounded by his son in an attempted to reconcile with him, while his daughter witnesses it. Son turns back to the light side after he feels remorse.

Again, he's not. It's been officially stated he is 7ish feet tall and thin.

Until he actually makes it on screen there is no official, even when there is.

> That's quite interesting. Everyone that I talk to (myself included) say that Star Wars is an action movie.

Never said anything different BUT action movie pacing has changed a lot since Star Wars came out. Although a slightly different genre the Bond films are a good example, the first entries seem to downright drag compared to the latest ones.

I have a theory that Snoke is actually an Ewok..............Mwahaha

After the Empire was defeated by the Ewoks at Endor, the remnants of the Empire decided who better to lead them back to victory than an Ewok.

Is it too late to hope for Jar Jar Snoke?

It would redeem the at least episode I in part... or drag down episode VIII an IX.

Nah, I guess it's not possible to get over his horrible voice.

I honestly don't think it would be a terrible idea if they were the same person.

It keeps everything together as far as "real" canon goes.

That comparison video floating around showing the music tracks for Palpatine sharing his dark side knowledge/story about Plagueis and Snokes first appearance could merely be just John Williams giving us "bad guy/sith/dark side" music. However, I skipped to Mace's death and that scene where Anakin begs for help to keep Padme alive, Palpatine tells him "to cheat death is a power only one has achieved." This is somewhat counter to what he tells him during the opera. During the opera Palpatine makes it seem like Plagueis could only keep those he loved from dying whereas Palpatine makes it seem like Plagueis cheated death himself later on. He even averts his gaze from Anakin when telling him.

Now, I'm not one to give George Lucas credit for much anymore, but it's a super interesting thing when watched again in a different context.

Edited by Chewie

Gollum is Snoke.

I thought so, too!

(...) However, I skipped to Mace's death and that scene where Anakin begs for help to keep Padme alive, Palpatine tells him "to cheat death is a power only one has achieved." This is somewhat counter to what he tells him during the opera. During the opera Palpatine makes it seem like Plagueis could only keep those he loved from dying whereas Palpatine makes it seem like Plagueis cheated death himself later on. He even averts his gaze from Anakin when telling him.

Now, I'm not one to give George Lucas credit for much anymore, but it's a super interesting thing when watched again in a different context.

I believe Palpatine's lines were the best scripted lines in that movie, and it's a credit to Ian McDiarmid for rising above the schmuck and delivering them with conviction (biting his tongue behind his teeth when he admits he's a Sith lord is another subtle move used to great effect).

But yeah, that dialogue is interesting when considered outside of the immediate scope of that scene - and is just as applicable to the Force Ghosts that appear later!

Just wondering....Why wouldn't Anakin appear to Ben Solo and tell him he is wrong?

Also....just got through a second viewing...knowing all the background info made it more enjoyable....thankfully there are folks out there willing to post all of the stuff Disney wants you to buy...

Anyway....were those ashes where Kylo set down his helmet during the scene when he is trying to extract info from Rey? If so...Anakin's ashes?

Edited by jvmacross

Just wondering....Why wouldn't Anakin appear to Ben Solo and tell him he is wrong?

Also....just got through a second viewing...knowing all the background info made it more enjoyable....thankfully there are folks out there willing to post all of the stuff Disney wants you to buy...

Anyway....were those ashes where Kylo set down his helmet during the scene when he is trying to extract info from Rey? If so...Anakin's ashes?

I was wondering about that bin of whatever the ashes were as well. Didn't occur to me that is could have been Vader's ashes. It's so quick.

I was wondering about that bin of whatever the ashes were as well. Didn't occur to me that is could have been Vader's ashes. It's so quick.

I wondered about that as well...though you would think the ashes would have been long gone by the time Ben became Kylo. Unless Snoke gathered them not long after the Battle of Endor and gave them to Ben to help corrupt him.

Chris

Regarding the whole Snoke-is-Plagueis theories....why mess with a muggle sith-wannabe when he could just manipulate the midichlorians into creating a vergence of the Force within a new lifeform?

And speaking of that....it is probably no longer canon....but do any of the books ever go into this "virgin" birth of Anakin?

I wondered about that as well...though you would think the ashes would have been long gone by the time Ben became Kylo. Unless Snoke gathered them not long after the Battle of Endor and gave them to Ben to help corrupt him.

Chris

....or Luke had gathered them and Anakin's helmet before he left Endor....and they were taken during the attack on Luke's Jedi training camp by the Knights of Ren?

Regarding the whole Snoke-is-Plagueis theories....why mess with a muggle sith-wannabe when he could just manipulate the midichlorians into creating a vergence of the Force within a new lifeform?

And speaking of that....it is probably no longer canon....but do any of the books ever go into this "virgin" birth of Anakin?

You won't ever hear the term midichlorians again.

More Gundam parallels:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Climax_U.C.:_The_Bonds_of_the_Bloodline

Federation Admiral has a pair of son and daughter twins. The son pilots a gold Berga Giros for the Crossbone Vanguard and hates his father, while her daughter pilots a F90II.

Death Star(Crossbone Vangaurd literally built an identical Death Star) is destroyed, admiral goes into the battlefield in a Prototype Javelin and is mortally wounded by his son in an attempted to reconcile with him, while his daughter witnesses it. Son turns back to the light side after he feels remorse.

You mean Gundam has Star Wars parallels. And/or real-world parallels.

Edited by Duke Togo

Is it too late to hope for Jar Jar Snoke?

It would redeem the at least episode I in part... or drag down episode VIII an IX.

Nah, I guess it's not possible to get over his horrible voice.

Interesting to imagine Jar Jar with his ears burned off :)

I forget the source but it's strongly hinted at or said that Anakin was actually the result of such tinkering by either Plagueis or Palpatine.

If Snoke is Plagueis, we don't know how much power he still has since he was "murdered."

Muggle-Sith( :lol:) or not, Ren is part of the Skywalker bloodline. That makes him incredibly powerful. It was mentioned previously in the thread, they are genuinely worried Luke will come back. There's a reason. Raw power might be that reason. We have to take into account that Luke Skywalker was in fact the last of the Jedi, regardless of Yoda's "there is another Skywalker" speech. Unlike the EU, Leia didn't do anything with her power. Luke was forged to do one thing: face Vader and destroy Palpatine. Training as a classic Republic Jedi wasn't in the job description.

However, there are several parts of the EU that made a lot of sense in countering that after the fact. Kenobi's ghost stays around for awhile after RotJ and helps Luke with training and finding Holocrons if I recall. Hopefully they add something along those lines later on since it would fall in line with the fact that years later, Qui-Gon spoke with Yoda and taught him how to become a force ghost.

Edited by Chewie

I forget the source but it's strongly hinted at or said that Anakin was actually the result of such tinkering by either Plagueis or Palpatine.

If Snoke is Plagueis, we don't know how much power he still has since he was "murdered."

Muggle-Sith( :lol:) or not, Ren is part of the Skywalker bloodline. That makes him incredibly powerful. It was mentioned previously in the thread, they are genuinely worried Luke will come back. There's a reason. Raw power might be that reason. We have to take into account that Luke Skywalker was in fact the last of the Jedi, regardless of Yoda's "there is another Skywalker" speech. Unlike the EU, Leia didn't do anything with her power. Luke was forged to do one thing: face Vader and destroy Palpatine. Training as a classic Republic Jedi wasn't in the job description.

However, there are several parts of the EU that made a lot of sense in countering that after the fact. Kenobi's ghost stays around for awhile after RotJ and helps Luke with training and finding Holocrons if I recall. Hopefully they add something along those lines later on since it would fall in line with the fact that years later, Qui-Gon spoke with Yoda and taught him how to become a force ghost.

Regarding the Force ghosts....Yoda said that Qui-gon "taught" him how to commune with him....per ROTS Yoda then teaches Obi-wan...but who taught Anakin?

Or is this what Plagueis meant by "cheating" death?....or is the "Force Ghost" ability the light-side version of "immortality"?

I believe Palpatine's lines were the best scripted lines in that movie, and it's a credit to Ian McDiarmid for rising above the schmuck and delivering them with conviction (biting his tongue behind his teeth when he admits he's a Sith lord is another subtle move used to great effect).

But yeah, that dialogue is interesting when considered outside of the immediate scope of that scene - and is just as applicable to the Force Ghosts that appear later!

I've heard, as well, that the "opera speech" was the part that was rewritten by Tom Stoppard.

Regarding the Force ghosts....Yoda said that Qui-gon "taught" him how to commune with him....per ROTS Yoda then teaches Obi-wan...but who taught Anakin?

Or is this what Plagueis meant by "cheating" death?....or is the "Force Ghost" ability the light-side version of "immortality"?

Hard to say. Them appearing as ghosts happened before GL went back and added midicrappians and "learning" how to be ghosts.

LOL, My brain was doing the same math when I watched the movie.

Don't forget

Not Uncle Ben (Kenobi stand in) getting slain by Stormtroopers while Not Luke is getting away from Not Tatooine, and:

Not Obi-Wan (Han) getting Slain by Not Vader (Secret squirrel) while Not Luke is working on escape from the Not Death Star

Edited by Ghadrack

Are they going to retcon the PT?

If not, then midichlorians have been in all the films....you just didn't know it.

They're just going to ignore it. The feeling is that it is limiting and not in the spirit of the original trilogy. Whether they are still there or not is irrelevant, as the term won't be used again.

/Film: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deleted Scenes: 20 Scenes Cut From The Final Film

The "General Leia and the New Republic" scene fixes my one major issue with the film; that is, what is the relationship between the Republic, the Resistance, and the First Order, and what is the significance of the Hosnian System? I'd love to see a faneditor reincorporate it into the movie after this stuff is released with the Blu-ray. It blows my mind that it wasn't including, as the movie itself isn't clear at all about any of those things.

Edited by Duke Togo

I don't think this has been brought up in the thread but a beef I have with the film was the way it ended. All the previous films and even most of Clone Wars and Rebels end in a celebration or a somber 'look off into the sunset' shot where as this film just closed on two people looking at each other. Very anti-Star Wars cinematography IMHO.

Edited by TangledThorns