I haven't seen it mentioned, so I have to ask...

(Actual spoiler, not another joke spoiler)

Did anyone else notice that Finn's not using A lightsaber, he's using Luke's first lightsaber, the one ObiWan took from Anakin? (And that Luke promptly dropped down an air vent in Cloud City. Some people just can't be trusted with toys.)

Because it totally is, which raises all KINDS of questions. Does he KNOW this sword's heritage? How in the hey did he get it out of Bespin anyways?

Kinda old news since Luke's Bespin saber turned up in Trailer 2 being handed over Leia. She must pass it on to Finn....

Star-Wars-7-Lightsaber.jpg

Seems like the new storm troopers can't aim for $hit just like the old ones, lol!

Cool commercial though.

Played with the new Kyloe Ren talking figure at the Disney Store, had a few phrases built in that might give away a bit more of the story. Any of you guys get a chance to mess with it?

Edited by peter

Do they really need to add the "fantasy sequence" disclaimer? Are people that stupid now to think that's real?

Dude, there are people out there who make special needs citizens look like Einstein in comparison to those very people that require that type of disclaimer.

Either that, or some lawyer suggested it to the Comercial Production Team, "Just to be safe".

bandai_xwingresistance035.jpg

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=280535

This is the first time I have seen the two side by side. Overall I like the planform of the design. The new wing shape looks good, but I still don't like the mid-chord split. The sleeker nose has a nice profile and the canopy has been stretched forward. I would like to see a good side view to see if that is because the cockpit has been raised to provide better forward visibility. If the wings did not split at all I would almost love the design. The narrower nose profile however leaves it looking slightly needle nosed due to the lower bulk. Some kind of forward chines, canard, or even an extended LERX off the main wings would really make the design pop. The smaller engines and laser cannons don't even bother me, technology improves and things get smaller as a result.

post-341-0-48508500-1446357146_thumb.jpg

post-341-0-22782300-1446357170_thumb.png

Edited by Knight26

I like that long nose on it. Just seeing Revell's snubby-nosed Level 1 kit shows what the alternative is.

The wing split doesn't bother me too much.

I would like larger exhausts on it though, especially to counter the huge cowls.

Perhaps a variant is in order, mixing the T-65 exhausts with the T-70 cowls...

Overall, definitely a sleeker, worthy successor to the Rebellion's tried and true war-horse!

Edited by Thom

i'm avoiding RLM talking about it. they might actually make spot on predictions.

With their video on a 47 minute run time, I don't care if they have the secret to the whole movie; ain't nobody got time for that. Bullet points people, bullet points...

Edited by myk

Beaten to the punch on the new trailer. A lot of great new footage in there. Maybe too many good shots; I think I would have rather have seen some of that in the theater. I also don't think it's as well crafted as the main trailer.

OH my gosh spoilery video thumbnail. ^_^

So we will have at least two X-Wing battles on two different planets. I guess they are not Hoth and Yavin are they?

No, and not sure why you thought they were. They publicly released the names of the planets back in the spring.

Really like the side-fuselage shot from the X-wing....very Top Gun, lol!

I thought the same thing! Also loved the TIE's approaching with the sun behind them shot. Lots of great new footage. The first shot just shows the enormity of a StarDestroyer or possibly SSD when you see how big the engine is with Rey standing in front of it.

Chris

I thought the same thing! Also loved the TIE's approaching with the sun behind them shot. Lots of great new footage. The first shot just shows the enormity of a StarDestroyer or possibly SSD when you see how big the engine is with Rey standing in front of it.

Chris

It's very cool to see everything in atmosphere. Something that wasn't done often in the original films.