Han is one of the main characters in TFA; he's going to get a lot more than 10-15 minutes. And how did you not notice the jump?

Watched it 2 more times... I keep missing it! haha

Also the bit with luke and R2 looks ripped from Dark Empire pretty hard.

I wonder if he will take down an AT AT... and that's why it's all set on that ice world.

Also, this is amazing:

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah, definitely getting the feeling Luke won't be showing up until late in the game here. I also strongly suspect Finn has some training in using the Force and a lightsaber. Very interesting. But anyway, man, wow, that trailer is just amazing.

Edit: The jump to lightspeed is the coolest thing I've seen in Star Wars in over 30 years.

Yes! I was going to comment on the Jump as well! Also loved the music in this trailer....it made the old classic music so powerful again. Loved this trailer.....even if this movie sucks.....right now....I'm happy and feel like a kid again :)

Chris

hmmm a bit trekkie with the reversed into the tunnel shot bit :p

Still a very similar "slit scan" effect to the one that was used in the Dr Who opening titles in the 70's....

tumblr_mqzlbdRbk71qcwhkeo3_r1_250.gif

The Dr Who effect very similar to the 2001 Space Odyssey when Dave Bowman enters the Monolith..

True dat, but I think that was more luck than an actual attempt to rip off Kubrick. The lineage of the 70's Dr Who opening goes all the way back to the experimental effects they used for the original opening in '63.

I'm still debating on whether I want to watch this, or hold out for just a little while longer!

The movie? It's not out yet...

Data trying to commit suicide every 5 minutes, new nosforatu Romulans, special android B4, and Shimzan? That's some heavy denial there.

Insurrection was stupid, ID was just wrong and awful and missed the point about everything and was an insult to this fan.

It took less than 24 hours for sites to start passing off actual spoilers as "conjecture based upon what we've seen in the trailer." Thankfully I've had nothing even remotely significant spoiled for me in the few cases I've come across this, as I bugged out immediately, but it's clear that they're dealing with knowledge far beyond what's in the trailer(s). Asshats.

Be careful.

Data trying to commit suicide every 5 minutes, new nosforatu Romulans, special android B4, and Shimzan? That's some heavy denial there.

You're thinking of ST: Nemesis. The first really sucky even numbered film.

Insurrection was the one that felt like a regular TV episode of the week. That was the one with the peace-loving aliens vs the stretch-faced aliens, horrible jokes at Worf's expense, and a joystick controller for the Enterprise.

Back on topic, in any case, I'd rather watch Vader whupping ass again In Rebels Season 2 premiere.

Kylo Ren just doesn't seem intimidating to me to.

First the "ant eater" helmet and now his voice.

Didn't like the Trekkie jump to lightspeed, could of made that a bit more unique.

..Who Kylo with in the rain?.."red blades"/ inquisitors?

I bet if you were to face off with a guy wielding a laser sword you'd be intimidated plenty.

When you consider the original jump to light speed effect, just about anything else could be considered an improvement, graphically speaking. HOWEVER, I think the original jump effect was perfect for Star Wars, but I get it: today's movie crowd needs to be seduced by lights and colors aplenty...