This will be a long day to remember.

Long day? Shoot, I'll be lucky if I get to see this thing during the first quarter of 2016 as it'll be nuts-o until then...

No one's posted the new poster? Now, my thoughts are---I try to avoid spoilers. Watch nothing but the official trailers. But now----well, the poster has some pretty big spoilers to a lot of people, including me. But I mean----it's the official poster. It'll be hard to even see the movie without seeing it beforehand, unless you wear a blindfold going to the theater. So my opinion is: it should be embedded in the thread. But I'm not going to do it until I hear some more thoughts.

But you can click here for high res: http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/10/star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster.jpg

Its a little too busy. Poor Harrison looks confused haha. I'd take about 3 or 4 characters out and focus on the theme of the film, whatever that happens to be...

I can't say it has me excited to see the film or anything.

We really don't know what that thing is or who controls it. I'm not jumping to conclusions on anything.

Also, it's the official movie poster, I am not sure we should be treating it as a spoiler. Unless you're going to shut down your internet access, turn off the tv, and not leave the house between now and Dec 18th, you're gonna see this thing.

Its a little too busy. Poor Harrison looks confused haha. I'd take about 3 or 4 characters out and focus on the theme of the film, whatever that happens to be...

I can't say it has me excited to see the film or anything.

Well, it's certainly not as bad as Empire's poster.

Edited by Duke Togo

Exactly. I'm not loving how much is given away by trailers and posters these days. It sort of kills the fun in many ways. But as has been pointed out already, unless you want to hide under a rock 6 months prior to a major movie release, you're bound to see things you'd rather not see. What can you do?

Interesting...

Why is there a character missing from that poster? In fact, that same character seems to be strangely absent from all the trailers so far. Or am I way off here?

I don't know what you mean, I see him on the poster.

post-430-0-33798200-1445226018_thumb.png

:ph34r:

Interesting...

Why is there a character missing from that poster? In fact, that same character seems to be strangely absent from all the trailers so far. Or am I way off here?

I think that:

Krylon Ben is actually Luke Skywalker in disguise ^_^

From what I've heard of JJ Abrams movies is that the usually contain a big story twist that they try to keep a secret so I don't take anything on the poster for given...

...does Rey has a red Lightsaber in her hands? :D

Edited by Scyla

...does Rey have a red Lightsaber in her hands? :D

I thought she had some sort of beam weapon at first too. Was trying to figure out how the blade attached to her quarterstaff, but no. It's Kylo Ren's sword held parallel to her scrap-metal staff.

I thought she had some sort of beam weapon at first too. Was trying to figure out how the blade attached to her quarterstaff, but no. It's Kylo Ren's sword held parallel to her scrap-metal staff.

Thanks, I see it now. It is a bummer though but on the other hand maybe it is foreshadowing events in the movie. :p

Just had a thought....this is not taken from anything I read or gleamed from anything that was seen/shown/talked about on the Net. Just a theory that just me do to the missing character in the poster.

I'll spoiler tag it just in case people get butt hurt over speculation. ;)

What if Luke is dead and Hamills involvement is just as a force ghost!?

Chris

Edited by Dobber