Meh, just another screwy Hollywood type who couldn't hold onto his job.

As for the F4, I'm getting the hunch that we're going to be better off with the original Fox movies...

I assume not an ORIGIN, origin story--I mean, we already had that in Ep II. And nobody wants teen (aka emo, brooding) Boba.

I'm hoping something like Boba, Year One? THAT would be interesting. He's an adult, and decently competent, making a name for himself---but not yet the uber-bounty-hunter that Vader hires.

I assume not an ORIGIN, origin story--I mean, we already had that in Ep II. And nobody wants teen (aka emo, brooding) Boba.

I'm hoping something like Boba, Year One? THAT would be interesting. He's an adult, and decently competent, making a name for himself---but not yet the uber-bounty-hunter that Vader hires.

I dunno we already got The Clone Wars seasons 4-6.

We don't need Boba Fett anything. He wasn't interesting in any way.

I never understood the fervor over that character. He was just a thug in a rocket pack. I don't want to watch a movie about a thug in a rocket pack...

I never understood the fervor over that character. He was just a thug in a rocket pack. I don't want to watch a movie about a thug in a rocket pack...

Clever enough for a bounty hunter and cool costume but as a child I never really considered him anything special. It was only as a teenager did I suddenly become berated when my favorite character was Han Solo when it was "supposed to be" Boba Fett, for some dumb reason.

To me, it always came down to which toys looked cooler. Therefore, Empire & Fett all the way. Even my good guys were commonly "under cover in Imperial disguise," so I could have my Biker Scout fly a Y-wing.

Character-wise, Fett is meh. He was a pretty blank slate, but he was the main "face" of the independent element of SW for a long time. At least, without being a slobbery monster.

As for the prequels, I liked that he was cast as a pacific islander. I don't mind the NZ accent, or the redub in the SE. And he is kinda badass for a 10 year old. Even more so in CW. But he felt shoehorned into the plot of AOTC.

And man... how lonely is Jango? Or self-absorbed? Both?

Edited by Kelsain

Bounty hunters are cool. He was mysterious. His outfit was cool. His voice was cool. His ship was cool. He had a rocket pack. Then RotJ happened. (The prequels don't exist for me any more, so IDGAF about AotC).

Now, if this anthology film can establish him as a Mandalorian, he'll totally be cool again.

Edited by Duke Togo

Bounty hunters are cool. He was mysterious. His outfit was cool. His voice was cool. His ship was cool. He had a rocket pack. Then RotJ happened. (The prequels don't exist for me any more, so IDGAF about AotC).

Now, if this anthology film can establish him as a Mandalorian, he'll totally be cool again.

It seems Disney want to erase the prequels bit by bit.

I was thinking taking the same lines..

I was thinking this morning, is there anything that would prevent Disney from making their own "prequel trilogy" not necessarily erasing Lucas's prequels just offering a different take....sort of like SDFM and DYRL. Let fans reside what they want to follow as cannon. I have a fealing I know where most fans will follow. :p

Chris

Chris

A Fett movie would only be cool, if it starts with him inside the Sarlacc, he gets a GOTG style meets Deadpool kind of attitude.

Going around the galaxy just bountying like a boss, and maybe even runs into Solo at some point and Fett punches him. Then says "You hit first"

hur hur hur

Calling it....the "Chrome" armor will be Lightsaber resistant. As soon as the rumors started about a possible ChromeTrooper that was the first thing I thought of.

Chris

Calling it....the "Chrome" armor will be Lightsaber resistant. As soon as the rumors started about a possible ChromeTrooper that was the first thing I thought of.

Chris

Don't be silly. He's CLEARLY a droid trooper. Probably began life as a protocol droid.

“What I realised early on was it was all about point of view – meaning it’s not like you just objectively throw in a star field or a spaceship or a desert planet or whatever the thing,” he said. “The question is, who is that person in that experience? Why does it matter to them? What are they desperate for, or afraid of?

“That, to me, has been the constant struggle: to make sure that none of these things are treated like either they’re a museum piece and we’re trying to honour them, or they’re gratuitous and thrown in because, well, it’s a Star Wars movie, so you’ve got to put these things in. Everything has got to be essential to the characters in the film.”

So somebody explained to him why Into Darkness frakking sucked.

So somebody explained to him why Into Darkness frakking sucked.

He didn't write Into Darkness. Also, he loves Star Wars as much as anyone else does; Trek was a job, and he didn't have that level of investment in it.