The Force Awakens? Please tell me that’s not the title of episode VII. The link doesn't work for me here on the work computer, will have to wait till I get home to see what's behind that door.

So let me see: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi...The Force Awakens. I would have thought the Force would have been awake during Return of the Jedi. :lol: I got a bad feeling about this. :unsure:

The Force Awakens....

dumb%20and%20dumber%20to.jpg

Han: C'mon Luke, you gotta get over her, Leia is your sister.

Luke: ga....ga.....ga

Han: C'mon man, spit it out!

Luke: ga....ga....gawt ya!

Edited by peter

Return of the Force, The Force Returns, but "The Force Awakens"? Has Luke been asleep (Love that pic)

Right, because those titles make so much sense for the coming coming after RETURN of The Jedi... The new title is just fine, stop looking for silly reasons to hate the new movie folks.

Right, because those titles make so much sense for the coming coming after RETURN of The Jedi... The new title is just fine, stop looking for silly reasons to hate the new movie folks.

This IS Macrossworld, after all...

Relax....just goofing on the title....nothing anyone says or does will stop this movie from raking in the billions worldwide....regardless of whether it turns out to be garbage or not.... ;)

It IS Star Wars, after all..... :rolleyes:

Relax....just goofing on the title....nothing anyone says or does will stop this movie from raking in the billions worldwide....regardless of whether it turns out to be garbage or not.... ;)

It IS Star Wars, after all..... :rolleyes:

+1, just having a little fun with it. I doubt anything will stop me from going to see this unless they suddenly make an announcement saying, just kidding, Michael Bay was filling in for JJ this whole time

No, this title stinks. I'm not looking for a reason to hate the movie but a lame title does not help.

Guys, the titles of all the Star Wars movies are laughable at best. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not looking for examples of Lucas' witty and timeless writing style in these movies. The only things I care about are the ships, the weapons, and wondering what Aayla Secura looks like naked-everything else is a Bantha sized "whatever" as far as I'm concerned...

I'll accept that "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" are hopeless names, but "The Empire Strikes Back" is succinct and underlies the action and the drive of the plot, while "Return of the Jedi" and "Revenge of the Sith" both play their respective subjects' qualities (the Jedi triumphantly return, the Sith evilly take revenge) and feed into each other's end-of-trilogy status.

Not to mention they sound cool. The Force Awakens sounds too much like another chapter in that lame video game series, and it doesn't really signify anything new in the saga. Hasn't the Force always been awake, the guiding light for the Jedi, and the murky darkness that hides the Sith?

I just think they couldn't think of a cool title, so they jumbled some science fantasy words together and called it a day.

I heard the plot is that thirty years in the future protoculture makes the mecha come alive and attack people.

Nah, I'm just goofing, the truth is gonna be that the Midichlorians were all knocked unconscious by the second death start explosion but now they're emerging from their coma and they are pissed.

About the pictures I posted:

those are not black series stormtroopers. They are the old, very posable attack of the clones stormtroopers. R2 is from the old 12" series released in the year 2000 iirc. R2 itself is like 5" tall, roughly.

The millennium falcon is the re-release from 2000 or 2001. The stormtroopers raiding it are not posable. They came in 3 or 4 packs, but I think they are in better scale with the falcon than the 3.75 inches figures it is meant for.

I do love the black series, but I haven't bought a Star Wars toy in over 6 years.

I know this is not a gallery thread, but I do have many many SW ships. If you want an occasional picture I can post them here, just for the heck of it.

Edited by vlenhoff

It's a better title than almost all the prequel ones and is pretty much on par with the level of the original trilogy titles, so I'm okay with it. At this point, anyone expecting a Star Wars title to blow them away hasn't come to terms with their nostalgia-flavoured tastes for the mediocre titles of the original trilogy.

Guys, the titles of all the Star Wars movies are laughable at best. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not looking for examples of Lucas' witty and timeless writing style in these movies. The only things I care about are the ships, the weapons, and wondering what Aayla Secura looks like naked-everything else is a Bantha sized "whatever" as far as I'm concerned...

you could always google image the term and get an eyefull of results... XD

• 2 weeks later...