Heh. Relativity is ALWAYS ignored in mainstream SF. Too bad as well, it would be interesting.

The point being that in this instance they're trying to FORCE relativity when it isn't applicable due to the fact they aren't in normal space when passing the speed of light. They're taking the approach that utilizing the smugglers route through the Maw will take a ship twenty to fourty years and that these smugglers are planning to smuggle stuff forty years into the future. That's just the dumbest premise to start with, and the conclusion is that Han is actually older than Yoda...

Just hope they don't blow it up at the end.

Well if they DO blow it up, there better be one of those fancy colorful explosion rings expanding from it like there was from the exploding Death Star in the special edition 'ep 4...

Only if they add a shockwave from EVERY ship that explodes, ever.

HMMM.... Excellent point. How much you wanna bet that Lucas and friends are already planning to add those explosion rings for another round of Special Edition re-releases lol...

The Falcon's mandible has no toe-in, millions of fans will be in a rage about this...

LMAO!! You got that right! Lol!

Chris

Oh, a reason to NOT have to modify the FMMF kit... (procrastination pays off again!)

It sort of looks like it's toed in, no?

And just like that, I suddenly, I feel like I'm on Starship Modeler forums again....

I really should finish my own FMMF soon. I'm currently lighting it. I have a feeling it won't last that long in the new series. Frankly, I cannot wait to see some new spaceship designs.

Dollars to donuts that's just a shell for a scene. I doubt that's the 1:1 scale they have built at Pinewood.

Think so? They mocked up two 1/1 scale MFs? I wonder what Abrams thinks about the fan-build 1/1 scale Falcon......

Think so? They mocked up two 1/1 scale MFs? I wonder what Abrams thinks about the fan-build 1/1 scale Falcon......

I doubt that scaffolding is for a full size mockup - there is scaffolding where there should be no Falcon (between where the front protrusions are). If that scaffolding was for a full scale Falcon that particular bit would not be there. Having more then one full size models (or bits of models) is not unusual either. It allows one to be damaged for example.

My prediction: Han's & Leia's children will use the Falcon for all that screen time. Can't imagine 70 yr old Han flying around getting into smuggling adventures.Perhaps Han will use it at some point in the movie as a salute to fans (most likely in the beginning of the movie) before passing the torch.."Look after the old "bucket of bolts" for me kids"...said Han behind his Admiral desk."No screwing around!"

My prediction: Han's & Leia's children will use the Falcon for all that screen time. Can't imagine 70 yr old Han flying around getting into smuggling adventures.Perhaps Han will use it at some point in the movie as a salute to fans (most likely in the beginning of the movie) before passing the torch.."Look after the old "bucket of bolts" for me kids"...said Han behind his Admiral desk."No screwing around!"

And then promptly lose it in a game of sabbacc.

And then promptly lose it in a game of sabbacc.

Which will be the incentive for Han to leave his desk job "one last time" .Lol

I could see Mark in SW!

I don't think any Hulk actor has been typecast yet..Go Mark!

They don't look like X-wings from IV, V and VI....those new ones witht he larger, split engine pods?