I call bullshit. Han's Hoth parka was brown, not blue. Sometimes it's hard to tell on screen, but Lucasfilm would have these details to give to their designers.

I think the pics are portraying an episode 7 Han....there is all the talk about a snow planet in it....so unless Han hung onto that old parka from his Hoth days...... ^_^

I think the pics are portraying an episode 7 Han....there is all the talk about a snow planet in it....so unless Han hung onto that old parka from his Hoth days...... ^_^

Except the picture is literally the Empire outfit, down to the boots (minus the color difference). Just saying.

Troopers are OK. Are Imperial Remnant forces really going to get the chance to do a major redesign if they are trying to stay alive? I don't think that Kyle Katarn would give them a chance. (lol)

BTW, please be sure to place rumors in spoilers tags. While we may see some things (like the environment mentioned) in the trailers, I'd rather not see this thread get sloppy and have things ruined for those of us trying to keep away from any real story details.

That, and they've wisely discarded much of the baggage of the Expanded Universe. I'm sure we'll see some of it turn up, and they're not likely to throw away all of the background info that's grown over the last 25 years. However, the idea that the Empire could be put on the ropes after losing it's Sith leaders always seemed lame. Palpatine may have been driving the advance of the Empire, but he did so by capitalizing on prejudice & fear. That doesn't go away easily. I always thought the Empire would still be a major player long after RotJ.

As for the Solo costumes - I'm guessing concepts, at best. Left is his exact outfit from Hoth. Right is his outfit from Bespin, borrowing Mal Reynolds' coat.

That, and they've wisely discarded much of the baggage of the Expanded Universe. I'm sure we'll see some of it turn up, and they're not likely to throw away all of the background info that's grown over the last 25 years. However, the idea that the Empire could be put on the ropes after losing it's Sith leaders always seemed lame. Palpatine may have been driving the advance of the Empire, but he did so by capitalizing on prejudice & fear. That doesn't go away easily. I always thought the Empire would still be a major player long after RotJ.

As for the Solo costumes - I'm guessing concepts, at best. Left is his exact outfit from Hoth. Right is his outfit from Bespin, borrowing Mal Reynolds' coat.

The one on the right made me think of the duster he wore on Endor.

Edit: actually, that's almost exactly how he looked on Endor, minus the color differences. I call double BS on this pics.

Edited by Duke Togo

It seems like all the "new" stuff we are seeing for EpVII is taking its cues from the old McQ/Johnston concept art, which is cool, but at the same time leaves me a little worried about the story, Jedi-Bendu and Luke Starkiller anyone? Afterall, JJs two Star Trek films were basically just poor rehashes of ST:TMP/SW IV, and TWOK.

Edited by Knight26

It seems like all the "new" stuff we are seeing for EpVII is taking its cues from the old McQ/Johnston concept art, which is cool, but at the same time leaves me a little worried about the story, Jedi-Bendu and Luke Starkiller anyone? Afterall, JJs two Star Trek films were basically just poor rehashes of ST:TMP/SW IV, and TWOK.

Ok, here we go again. Who wrote the Trek reboot? Who is writing the new Star Wars films? Oh look, completely different people.

That doesnt't exclude that they're working with the same concept, i.e. play it safe.

It doesn't exclude them from making the sequel trilogy a series of musicals, either. Or a sci-fi remake of "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka." Or even a young-adult vampire romance story.

The style difference seems a little jarring, considering what came before. There's a clear design lineage in the helmets at least, but it still has hints of, "Let's take everything that used to be angled, and remake it in fancy swoopy curvy shapes."

Styles definitely change, but when every re-style of an existing franchise comes off looking like it's been re-tooled by Apple, people start to get tired of it. It's not that it doesn't fit the universe, but it's been done so many times, people are sick of that kind of reimagining, and the similarity alone is enough to make people dislike it.

Like the new Stormtrooper design, as the for mechno hand (spoiler).

They are confused by Star Wars "Rebels" because that's exactly what it's about.

The only good spoiler I've heard so far is

something about an Anakin clone, that the new Sith apprentice

Hunts like down to find Vaders body and finds the left overs, to gather DNA.

Salt though.

I

They are confused by Star Wars "Rebels" because that's exactly what it's about.

The only good spoiler I've heard so far is

<snip>

Salt though.

WTF? Whether it sounds like rubbish or not, use spoiler tags.

Edited by Duke Togo

pleaaaase be true.... please....

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/exclusive-original-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

Fox and Lucas get out of the way...

Um, yeah, Fox controls distro rights to the OT. Just saying.

Edit: Fox only owns the distro rights to the original Star Wars.

Edited by Duke Togo

Um, yeah, Fox controls distro rights to the OT. Just saying.

If this is true, and its a BIG if, it would appear that Disney is doing all the leg work on this so why wouldn't FOX cut a deal and cash in on huge seller when their not absorbing the cost of producing it?

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a quid pro quo deal going on behind the scenes involving some other Disney/Marvel properties that we won't hear about later on if this all pans out.

Second (edit) correction: Fox owns the rights to distributing Star Wars in perpetuity; Empire and Jedi they hold until 2020.

Unless Fox is involved and getting a significant piece of this pie, this probably isn't real. This story is barely even a rumor.

Doing some reading online, it appears to me that someone over at that comic book website got confused about what they heard regarding the OT. The not-so-secret news is that they've been working on a new 4K scan of the Super Lucas Editions that came out on Blu a few years ago. I'm assuming someone didn't ask the right questions and came to assume something else was going on.

Edited by Duke Togo

Makes me incredibly glad I picked up those dual DVD packs of the special editions before the blurays came out. I think, short of a laser disc, those are the only release of the original versions in a digital format.

I always thought those editions were based on the old THX re-master from before the special editions came out, but the quality on Ep IV is still pretty bad.