Custom 1/60 VF-4G Head Unit

Kurisama

38 members have voted

1. 1. Make the head-laser static or moveable?

I haven't really looked into pulling the leg apart - depending on the difficulty of pulling it apart, it is definitely a possibility.

It's not that hard, just make sure you watch where the little grey screw cover goes fling off to when you pop it out to get to the hiden screw;-) trust me on that. Lol

Will you be offering painting services?

I'm seriously considering it, trying to figure out a pricing scheme that is fair for labour and materials + postage.

Will people still want one if it's the slightly different shade of grey? In addition, would people want it there or further detailed with silver accents and panel lines + a light clear coat?

@ Kurisama

Dude, you have amazing skills! :D

Legend of Commander Type VF-4G will continue with your 3rd party add-ons!

Shall we call if a type VF-4S? :p VF-4C? VF-4GS???

I'm pretty keen to tell you guys more about my upcoming projects - but work is too patchy and these customs take a back seat when my job does pick up in the mid year. Too many factors can lead to a halt or end to projects like these - and I also have to pick and choose what and when I start a new project - see whats most economical for me. I can never be sure how many things will sell, if at all.

Maybe you can offer the painting in stages, primed and painted is stage 1 pricing, panel line stage 2, silver accent stage 3, clear coat stage 4, etc.

I'm seriously considering it, trying to figure out a pricing scheme that is fair for labour and materials + postage.

Will people still want one if it's the slightly different shade of grey? In addition, would people want it there or further detailed with silver accents and panel lines + a light clear coat?

I vote VF-4K ;)

I would love painting service, but still a little less obvious different shade of grey.

Considering panel lining and coat finish, I think everybody has a preference between dark or light panel lining, same goes to clear or matte finish !

Your work is inspiring, this is a beauty!

EDIT: At current state, I would take one in grey, without panel lining and no coat, and another head unpaint, just in case of

Edited by Xigfrid

Will do :D

I'm re-scribing the lines on mine as we speak - and then a good sand, then a spray of primer.

THEN THE PAINTENING - and decaling i guess :3

In this case, I will order 2 (FD version) directly from you with them painted. Kindly show us the final picture and PM me your paypal acc.

Awesome ^ 2, man!

I was about to purchase 2 x FUD but got side tracked so I left the items in my cart. Later that night or the next day (I forget) I received an e-mail from Shapeways saying they noticed I had these items in my cart and offered me a 10% discount code upon checkout to complete the purchase.

So if you guys want 10% off on your purchase, log in to your account, add the items in your cart and leave it be, Shapeways should send you a similar e-mail.

Edited by Phalanix

Love it! I am now looking for paint that will match the VF-4. Anyone got any advise?

I used Mr.Hobby - Mr.Primer Surfacer 1000, It's closer than the tamiya gray primer at least - check out the photos below.

That came out perfect Kurisama! GREAT work! - MT

Thank you! Mind you, it'll still need some light sanding and cleaning.

Awesome work! Nice to see some more 3d solid computer modeling. This really turned out great.

Cheers dude :D I'm glad you can appreciate the tricky modelling!

I waiting for mine definitely need another vf 4 for made the conversion ^_^

Awesome! Good luck to you :)

So here is a small update - sanded the FD as best I could, hard to see as it's clearish. Painted a very watered down citadel 'deadly nightshade' I had lying around onto it to see better. Once I sprayed the Mr.Surfacer, it came out better than expected. Lightly sanded some more, then did a final (too thick maybe?) coat - scratched the sides cause I was impatient and fiddled too much with it - lesson learned.

Keep in mind, the photos show the WSF laser and not the WSF laser I am currently sanding the primer on.

post-1623-0-34925700-1361839870_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-65421100-1361839877_thumb.jpg

post-1623-0-91237000-1361839881_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-97636200-1361839886_thumb.jpg

Sneak peak at my custom;

post-1623-0-89529000-1361839892_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-49279800-1361839904_thumb.jpg

Snug fit;

post-1623-0-33015600-1361839909_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-62203300-1361839914_thumb.jpg

post-1623-0-98511900-1361839919_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-64629800-1361839923_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...