If you could convince one company to make your dream Mech or Anime Fig

I'm surprised to see so much Venus Wars interest. It makes my nostalgic heart happy to see that at least some of us remember what anime used to be about.

Venus Wars was one of the first VHS bootleg Anime's I ever saw, straight Japanese with no subs or dubs.... didn't care. Between the animation & the mecha, it was an awesomeness overload!!

Also as others pointed out, proper BGC Figures and Mecha, same size as the Beagle Ride-Armors. B))

If I could convince one toy company to make my "dream" figure, it would be a 1/100 scale ARIEL

PDVD_000.jpg ariel_2.jpg

and it's gotta have the unmasked look option

PDVD_006.jpgPDVD_004.jpg

This looks really cool. I've never heard of it. I'll put it on my list to watch soon.

Hyper Unit Dangaioh, anyone?

Slaginpit posted the image of that really expensive version. I was tempted but it seemed to be more display piece than model/toy. Someone should make an affordable version and come out with statues of Mia and the others too.

I want a proper motoslave.

Amen to that!

And the Highway Star too, by Yamato.

Yeah, I've wanted Priss on her Motoslave or the Highway Star for the longest. There was a model of the Highway Star too in one of the B-Club books.

I love them and I have completed the set of all 4 but overall the figures are flimsy and the motoslaves are parts formers, fiddly and lack a proper paint job (except for Priss metallic edition which is a beauty)

I thought about getting the metallic version. But it's just a more expensive yet metallic paint version of the same toy. It really should be a larger scale model.

not sure if this is a Japan or US production, but i have fond memories of Mighty Orbots. probably impossible given the amount of anime magic (round bodies becoming rectangular, torso robot growing in size)

now don't get me started on video game ships (cough... Homeworld)

Mighty Orbots is another Japanese show. I would like a model of the flying hovercraft ship that the Orbots Commander uses. Also, Bo and Boo statues. They were cute. We still don't have a complete DVD release of that show.

maishots.jpg

Capcom's rendition of Mai Shiranui is my absolute dream girl, and I already have this statue, but I'd like to see the face sculpt and the attention to her BREASTS carried over to different poses and/or outfits. I tolerate the current statue, but I'm not really a fan of the "here is my ass, can you see it alright" pose. Until that time comes, I guess I'll just close my eyes...

Yeah, this is one of those statues that goes too far. I think it's beautiful too. Just like the artwork. But I could never own this one. I have a Mai statue that's pretty good. The face could be better. I can't remember the producing company's name but she's posed during her spin move.

My list. Some mentioned by others, I'm sure I'm forgetting some too:

1. Deunan. We still don't have a good statue version. The Hot Toys version was tempting but I want something similar to the quality of the Vice/Alter Motoko statue.

2. Rook's Cyclone. We almost got this one but were sadly let down.

3. Dana's Hovercycle. I found an old kit of it a month or so ago. But I want something large scale and detailed.

4. Axelay ship from the videogame. Still the best shooter to me.

5. Captain Power Jet. The toy didn't really look like what was in the animated cartoon.

6. Gatchaman OVA God Phoenix.

7. Original Kei and Yuri Dirty Pair statues.

8. The Galaxy Rangers jet. I thought this show was making a come back. There was talk about a comic and toys/statues. But I guess interest or money stopped that. Even the site is down.

Edited by JetJockey

Yeah, I've wanted Priss on her Motoslave or the Highway Star for the longest. There was a model of the Highway Star too in one of the B-Club books.

I thought about getting the metallic version. But it's just a more expensive yet metallic paint version of the same toy. It really should be a larger scale model.

Since we're talking BGC I could totally go for the AD Police K-11 & K-12 Power Armors, Leon's Car, Patrol Copters, even the ADP Troop Carrier.

tek_powersuits_k-11-suit.jpg

tek_powersuits_k-12s-suit.jpg

140420542_f841ad429a_z.jpg?zz=1

I could also go for Vision's Spider Mech....

737187007194_0.jpg

1. Deunan. We still don't have a good statue version. The Hot Toys version was tempting but I want something similar to the quality of the Vice/Alter Motoko statue.

2. Rook's Cyclone. We almost got this one but were sadly let down.

3. Dana's Hovercycle. I found an old kit of it a month or so ago. But I want something large scale and detailed.

4. Axelay ship from the videogame. Still the best shooter to me.

7. Original Kei and Yuri Dirty Pair statues.

Pretty much agree with all of these. CM's doing Kei & Yuri for their Gutto-Kuru line later this year. My only concern is there were some QC issues with their recent Motoko figure so hopefully they put more effort into the Lovely Angels.

Dirtypair-550x.jpg

Pretty much agree with all of these. CM's doing Kei & Yuri for their Gutto-Kuru line later this year. My only concern is there were some QC issues with their recent Motoko figure so hopefully they put more effort into the Lovely Angels.

Dirtypair-550x.jpg

Those bodies are just the wrong shape for the Lovely Angels.

Edited by the white drew carey

I'll second (third, whatever) Dangaio, Escaflowne, Venus Wars, FSS, Sol Bianca, and Appleseed. For Escaflowne, I'd definitely want more than just the titular robot. At the very least Schaherazade and the Alseides would also be musts. For Sol Bianca, I'd insist ont he OVA version.

To contribute an additional title, I'd love to see toys based off the Crusher Joe designs.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the various fighter planes from Wings of Honneamise as toys too.

Edited by JELEINEN

Oh yeah! Blde Of The Immortal Figures! They came out with a 1/6 manji a while back but it was expensive as hell and the sculpt was only So-So... I bought all the weapons that came out a couple years ago hoping to sculpt the figures but can't figure out how to do the clothing...

bastitch!

7250d1276287955-blade-immortal-1-6-scale

7244d1276287955-blade-immortal-1-6-scale7243d1276289900-blade-immortal-1-6-scale

They look kinda small for 1/6 btw...

Yeah those two figures look more like cosplaying the dirty pair than actually being the dirty pair. They look like crap to be honest.

Sadly I do have to yield to these opinions. The figs will be super posable but the DP are the kind of characters with too much exposed skin to look nice as figures with these kind of hinged joints. Plus the Kusunagi figure CM's did supposedly has a lot of problems so these will look weird and explode into small pieces that leave your relatives wondering what kind of pervy thing did to those poor figures!

It would be great if they made revoltechs of the Steel Gunner characters from the old arcade game.

stgun-1.pngsgunnerj.png

Oh Steel Gunner.....such a great arcade game. For the longest time I thought this was possibly an Appleseed arcade game that had been retitled for the US. The arcade I went to regularly had this and once a month of so they would do a "lock in" at close till ~1am and everything was free play; my brother and I always played through this at least once each time.

I'll second (third, whatever) Dangaio, Escaflowne, Venus Wars, FSS, Sol Bianca, and Appleseed. For Escaflowne, I'd definitely want more than just the titular robot. At the very least Schaherazade and the Alseides would also be musts. For Sol Bianca, I'd insist ont he OVA version.

To contribute an additional title, I'd love to see toys based off the Crusher Joe designs.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the various fighter planes from Wings of Honneamise as toys too.

Crusher Joe is getting a few recent releases courtesy of Wave...

TOY-RBT-2589.jpgTOY-RBT-2590.jpg

Totally second the Honneamise Fighter want!

Ahh isn’t good to dream of toys just like when we were kids, there are some that I would like to see remake with today’s advance engineering designing and some that may never have being made, be designed in to a perfect toy or complete transforming model kit.

In the ones that may never haven’t been made in the first few, I can think of two that can intergrade in to the VF-universe mecha or collection, yehhaa from the video game Tech Romancer, a YF-38 Rafaga and maybe the heavy armor called Wise Duck.

post-15310-0-68877500-1359515755_thumb.jpg

A YF-38 pretty sure any toy maker like Yamato, Bandai, Megahouse, Beagle, Toynami, Studio HalfEye, Banpresto, Kaiyodo, etc… would do a decent transforming mecha action figure, but more in my own preference I would want it in the way of a 1/72 scale transforming kit, like Bandai’s VF-25 kit mostly for its detail looks and not to expensive price, l would love to paint one like a VF-1A cannon folder colors with the U.N. Spacy logo and another one to Roy Focker skull leader colors with its skull and cross bones.

post-15310-0-65623600-1359516420_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-93546500-1359516508_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-21615000-1359516541_thumb.gif

post-15310-0-58931800-1359516681.jpg

post-15310-0-15327900-1359517117.jpg

post-15310-0-76105300-1359517146.jpg

In the ones for remake with today’s advance engineering designing out of the many first comes to my mind a HV-64 Ovelon Gazette from Dorvack with great detail, perfect transformation and grate articulations in robot mode, from any toy maker as long as it looks close to model stand in both modes or it can to be a transforming model kit.

post-15310-0-04208900-1359517688_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-70314700-1359517740_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-01008700-1359517839_thumb.jpg

In the ones for remake with today’s advance engineering designing out of the many first comes to my mind a HV-64 Ovelon Gazette from Dorvack with great detail, perfect transformation and grate articulations in robot mode, from any toy maker as long as it looks close to model stand in both modes or it can to be a transforming model kit.

OMG WHIRL!!! I'd love a G1 Whirl. Somebody call a third party company and get them to make me one.

For me, my non-macross dream toy would be not one but two toys. They would be the Raiden Tactical Armor and the Ishtar Metal Fake from Gasaraki. These two machines would make a great fit for Bandai's Robot Spirits line, and their variants would be ideal as web exclusive items. Sure there were model kits but I would like to see these made as proper figures. Just saying.

Like this 1/12 scale version?

attachicon.gifPriss_Motosalve.JPG

Who made this? Is it a touched up version of the metallic motoslave?

Yeah, I want statues not figures of the Dirty Pair. It's a shame all these vintage anime characters aren't getting statues. At least not yet. You would think there would be a market for them since people who watched these shows are older now.

not anime, and not japanese (she has a katana though), but i really, really want a good sculpt of Zealot, akin to the Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line

the ones that did come out were bad, as in throw against the wall and jump all over it bad

824384-wildcats_by_varges_super.jpg

This was a good Jim Lee design. But I think the closest we will get to this character is the Kotobukiya Fine Art Psylocke Danger Room Sessions statue. She's the best Jim Lee Psylocke statue and goes for a lot these days. And that's if you can find her without the broken sword problem.

loved Jim Lee's artwork. he's what got me into comics.

i had the Koto Psylocke but sold her, thinking a better figure might come eventually. it was an insta-buy when i saw the painted prototypes, but the copy i got and those that i saw in various shops never lived up to the look of those prototypes, specifically the face/eyes. the eyes on the ones i saw all looked beady and slightly cross-eyed. same story with my Koto Catwoman.

loved Jim Lee's artwork. he's what got me into comics.

i had the Koto Psylocke but sold her, thinking a better figure might come eventually. it was an insta-buy when i saw the painted prototypes, but the copy i got and those that i saw in various shops never lived up to the look of those prototypes, specifically the face/eyes. the eyes on the ones i saw all looked beady and slightly cross-eyed. same story with my Koto Catwoman.

True Koto did change a few things from the prototype to the released statue. She had nip action and a few other things if I remember correctly. I think I still have the images saved. But the statue is still cool. It's the perfect companion piece to the Jim Lee X-Men #1 gatefold cover and the Capcom X-Men Children of the Atom fighting game.

I think Koto might revisit Psylocke for their X-Force line up. That would make three Psylocke statues in my collection then. I have the Sideshow Mark Brooks statue which is cool. She looks more realistic in that version. The Sideshow PF could be modded into a good statue but I can't pay the price they want for all the paint problems that are mentioned on the various forums.

Hey, does anyone remember steel battalion? I never played the game and I never knew anyone who did but I always thought it had cool robots.

hiResvtScare.jpg

Ok so i officially hate you! Why you ask? Because I am a huge fan of Steel Battalion; in fact i have 3 of the Controller/Game Sets (2 of which are still unopened for posterity). Yamato did actually make a set of their very nice mini-figures of these back around 2004 or so. Somehow or another I missed out on them, I don't think anyone I shopped with carried them at the time and I always planned to track them down but forgot to do so. There is no chance these are ever going to release again (especially since the Kinect games is hot garbage) and the only one of the 5 minifigures I can find is selling on Ebay for $27...these were originally $7 each. So now I have to track down all five of these guys for $30+ a piece. So thanks for reminding me....no you couldn't just leave well enough alone and let me blissfully forget the only piece of toy merchandise for the series could you? Thanks bunches...I hate you. :p

From Hobby Search's archived listing:

10036815a.jpg

Edited by Lupin The Third

I'd rather just grumble and moan that there are no decently sized, poseable toys/models of these things ever. something along the line of Kotobukiya's armored core kits would be just great.

Totally agreed. They seem to churn out a new Armored Core model kit every month but figures? There's the recent SRC release, plus the stupidly priced Tamashii Web figure, and then just the models. I seem to recall some figures years back...from Koto? ArtFX? But yeah, a larger sized figure series for AC (or Steel Battalion) would rock. I was totally stunned when I received my SRC AC Figure....I had no idea it was going to be that small (my fault since I didn't understand the difference between Bandai's SOC and SRC lines).