FLCL

eriku

I know, I know, this is far from the first, second or probably even 20th thread about FLCL, but I just watched it again tonight and I wanted to throw out this question:

Does anyone think there will be more?

It seems to me like they could have easily gotten 26 episodes out of the story and characters. And since the main characters are all still alive and kicking, with so many unanswered questions, it seems entirely possible that another FLCL series could come along.

Maybe I'm just a no good, dirty dreamer, but I'd like to think that one day Haruko will fly back on her scooter and have more adventures (and Kanchi of course!) FLCL was such a unique and great series that I almost feel cheated with only 6 episodes. Like getting a delicious sample at a grocery store and discovering the item is all sold out. :p

Ahhhh...and then there's TOYS that I demand! I love Kaiyodo's Haruko figure, scooter and Kanchi, but I want a Naota, a Kanchi with a big gaping maw to swallow Naota, Mamimi with the cell-phone munching robot (in various stages) and all those large alien EVA-angel-like beasties. There are so many opportunities! Maybe someday I guess. B))

FLCL ran as long as it was meant to. They gave it just enough closure to give it a satisfying ending, and gave us one hell of a batch of 6 episodes. Gainax won't make any more FLCL. I love FLCL, but I think it would cheapen it if they make a sequel. At least the manga is out now. Two volumes. I need to go buy them myself soon.

I love FLCL, but I think it would cheapen it if they make a sequel.

You never know. I don't feel that Macross II, Plus, 7, or Zero has cheapened the original SDF series, so by that rationale I couldn't see more FLCL cheapening the first series. It did have closure, but it was open-ended enough to pretty much allow for anything to happen, and the characters are interesting enough to allow for further exploration without thinning them out too much.

At least another set of 6, is that too much to ask? :p

I agree with Anubis in that there shouldn't be a sequel for the same reasons. I wish there was more episodes in FLCL but I don't think it will work as a sequel. I'm sure they could come up with a good story that took place many years later but it would be hard or impossible to duplicate the craziness and chemistry of the original.

• 5 years later...

I only recently found out about FLCL. I have watched the first two episodes and am waiting for the second disc from netflix. This is a very funny and creative show. I love it. I also love the Kanchi (Canti?) Robot and wish I could get one of those Kaiyodo figures (not the 12" one) but they are nowhere available. I like the blue and the red. Anyway, great show so far. I cant wait to watch more!

I also love the Kanchi (Canti?) Robot and wish I could get one of those Kaiyodo figures (not the 12" one) but they are nowhere available.

You got PM. :)

The 5" Kaiyodo figures were awesome. Haruko is a little fiddly because she's spindly and has a lot of joints, and she doesn't seem to sit on her Vespa perfectly, but the detail is amazing.

Did you say there is a 12" Canti? Any idea who made it?

You got PM. :)

The 5" Kaiyodo figures were awesome. Haruko is a little fiddly because she's spindly and has a lot of joints, and she doesn't seem to sit on her Vespa perfectly, but the detail is amazing.

Thanks for the PM. YOu got PM back.

The 12" one was I think from a company called Kaching. Link and Link

The 12" Cantis are vinyl, very nice pieces made in pretty small quantities. If anybody is interested, I have a red one for sale. Shoot me a PM with any questions. It's the only one (I believe) which comes with the jacket he wears in the show.

I know, I know, this is far from the first, second or probably even 20th thread about FLCL, but I just watched it again tonight and I wanted to throw out this question:

Does anyone think there will be more?

It seems to me like they could have easily gotten 26 episodes out of the story and characters. And since the main characters are all still alive and kicking, with so many unanswered questions, it seems entirely possible that another FLCL series could come along.

Maybe I'm just a no good, dirty dreamer, but I'd like to think that one day Haruko will fly back on her scooter and have more adventures (and Kanchi of course!) FLCL was such a unique and great series that I almost feel cheated with only 6 episodes. Like getting a delicious sample at a grocery store and discovering the item is all sold out. :p

Ahhhh...and then there's TOYS that I demand! I love Kaiyodo's Haruko figure, scooter and Kanchi, but I want a Naota, a Kanchi with a big gaping maw to swallow Naota, Mamimi with the cell-phone munching robot (in various stages) and all those large alien EVA-angel-like beasties. There are so many opportunities! Maybe someday I guess. B))

If you want closure, read the manga. The ending is less open ended in my opinion.

But yeah, the anime is incredible.

If you want closure, read the manga. The ending is less open ended in my opinion.

But yeah, the anime is incredible.

I might check it out. I've pretty much gotten over it after posting this over 5 years ago (yikes!).

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I probably should have tried to make it to that panel, but anyway this sounds a little like when adult swim decided we need more Big O and we did, but maybe not the way we got it. The synopsis also sounds a bit like Gurren Laggan(probably screwed up the spelling, but hopefully you get what I tried to say). It was a favorite of the time when the original came out so I hope it's good.

• 4 months later...