VF-25F Renewal

sreichma

Do you give up? That's my question, anywhere you find them they are 350-400. Anyone see this ever coming down or more qty coming? Just wondering if you should give up or bite the bullet and drop 300. Very frustrating. I never see them posted for sale anywhere outside of evil bay and they are all 400 and above.

I guess there is this for "hope":

About 3 - 4 years ago, Bandai sold the Gundam Fix Figuration Unicorn Metal Composite figure, which sold at an alright pace, but eventually became insanely difficult to track down and find for less than 340 dollars. Here we are, 3 years later, and they are reissuing it this February. If anything, you might have to wait, but when Bandai sees so much demand, there is a good chance they will make more.

They have the molds sitting there, they might as well. I'd pin it as post Luca release, we'll be seeing either reissues or bundle packs.

EDIT: Of course, all of this is simply my conjecture, nothing here is fact or set in stone

Edited by Archer

if you have any connection to taobao china. You can get it under 300+ a bit (depends on the exchange rate USD vs RMB china). Look the one that the seller from HK.

or you could go either yahoo.auction (hongkong) or....yahoo auction Japan.

I also have the same dilemma as yours. I am waiting this renewal F to be reissue, but i am not sure even next time when they want to reissue it. Is there any chance for us? looking back the experience of reissue VF-29 30'th anniversary, HLJ : sucks, ami2 : slim chance and even my local (singapore) seller already hands up and told me that they WILL NOT take any PO for macross line anymore because everytime they order, bandai never give them the exact order quantity that has already been agreed in the first place.

I can understand if US side have a bit of problem getting this, but here i am (in asia) but still couldn't get it.

You just have to wait and hope Bandai reissue it by October. Bandai will be busy using the VF-25 molds for Luca. After that one is released, there is a chance to start again with the Alto VF-25F and so on.

Hey we don't know that yet, Bandai might squeeze in a VF-25F/S reissue right before the RVF drops.

More diabolically, Bandai might release all the DX toys (RVF next), then do a release of the VF-25G/RVF-25 super parts, then give us the Alto/Michael Tornado parts then make us wait, then start releasing giftsets.

Are you being facetious/sarcastic? That seems quite likely.

It makes sense that Bandai will use the super and armor molds for bundled sets. It's just a question of time.

Where/how do you get the news that there is a release coming or what site to order from when it does happen, my understanding is you can only order them for about 5-10 minutes and they're gone.

Problem is there isn't always any clue when they are going up. Sure they get announced on Tamashii web but they don't even bother to give a date that preorders are going live, so it is often a crapshoot. Last time however a member here had gotten word from someon at CDJapan as to when preorders were going up. This happened to coincide with Amiami, Hobby Search, NY and if I recall correctly Anime Export sold them about 2 hours later. HLJ however held theirs for a couple day. My advice, watch the forum like a hawk. If you miss out you can usually preorder with NY for only a little bit more than retail, at least in the first few hours.

You just have to wait and hope Bandai reissue it by October. Bandai will be busy using the VF-25 molds for Luca. After that one is released, there is a chance to start again with the Alto VF-25F and so on.

I really hope your right I really want a armored version 2

Reading all the comments, I cant feel anything but contempt for Bandai, the vendors and scalpers. Sad that such a limited fanbase (ie Transformers has a wider spread) that they cant satisfy the demand to the point that the ones available are 50% more than the retail price.

More diabolically, Bandai might release all the DX toys (RVF next), then do a release of the VF-25G/RVF-25 super parts, then give us the Alto/Michael Tornado parts then make us wait, then start releasing giftsets.

TBH, I'd be all kinds of down for giftsets. VF-25G tornado and VF-25F armored especially.

^Yeah, that's crazy that prices are up that high. That's almost 4x what a lot of people here paid for the same toy. I hope Bandai clears things up, cuz they're not making any money with other people selling the toys for so much profit.

By the way, just wondering (I'm sure you have your reasons), but why not get it for around 350 from retailers like Nippon Yasan or AnimeExport.

Just a thought!

Finding the VF-25's is pretty hard even in Japan. Check rakuten and Amazon Japan and you'll see the majority of units marked for domestic shipping only are sold out as well. When I scoured Akiba All I could find was VF-171's (funny they were still on shelves 5 months after release)

You'd have to travel out to the boonies where No Macross fans are and maybe get a lucky score at a Toyshop. That's how I got my 25F at Retail earlier this month (Big thanks to the GF :p)

Why Bandai continues to leave money on the table confuses me, but perhaps there are other reasons that we don't know about.

Edited by Duymon

I have two theories about this:

1) Bandai is having problems with their manufacturing, and can't create enough units for mass market release, and thus, we are seeing so many shortages. Very akin to the current iPad mini problem...

2) Bandai was afraid of what happened with the v.1 VF-25 (i.e. lots of units being left over, and then sold at loss at most retailers), and are only making as many as they need to make their desired amount of profit

Problem 1 seems legit, but doesn't answer why Bandai bothers continuing to develop new version (-S, -G, -RVF) when they know there are issues at hand, and theory two makes no sense because even Bandai should know by now that they are leaving a ton of money on the table.

Either way, it's Bandai's loss I guess....

Another issue is that Japanese retailers themselves are not making big orders for Macross F products, or Macross in general. When I was in Akiba in november at best Macross made up a small shelf or display case. You really had to look for it at many stores.

Probably only the export stores like HLJ were trying to make big orders while the Brick and mortars in Japan skimped out.

Edited by Duymon

Yeah, that's a great point. Still kind of funny though, with stores in Japan demanding less product than an international retailer. But yeah, if Bandai saw that fewer people were ordering, then supply would drop down.

I think it has gotten better recently, with stores like NY still having stock, but it'd still be nice to pay AT LEAST RETAIL for the product lolol

Heads up somebody on Yahoo Auctions JP is selling renewal 25F's with armored and super parts in a set.

Used one is at like 30000 Yen, the new one is more. 4 days left. YOu'd prolly have to use one of those bid services in Japan that tacks on an extra 10% or so , before shipping :0

Those bid services are terrible. You end up paying WAY more than just 10%. When you pay the bank fee, commission, and shipping, you end up paying at least 50% of the base price of the toy itself.

Yeah, I only use the bid services for those rare auctions where someone is selling a whole bunch of toys as a lot. If you're going to have to pay a transaction fee of $15 on top of the 10% plus 25% extra on shipping it's nice to get a lot of toys with one transaction.

I shouldn't say "only". I've purchased some high dollar rare items there too but that's pretty infrequent.

Edited by jenius

• 6 years later...

Hey Kuma, the most common issue that applies to all the Frontier Renewals is hip, shoulder and ankle joints that get a bit loose.  The other issue that I've noticed on at least one of my 4 is the joint under the fuselage, where the nose folds over itself.  On my VF-25G, I noticed a crack had formed.  So it's definitely something to watch out for.

Wish I could describe where this part is a bit better but I'm at work.  Do let me know if you need any further info though, as I can readily supply it later.

All these issues have been directly addressable for me by either tightening the screws for the joints or adding superglue or nail polish to them.  And with the nose hinge piece I mentioned, I used superglue to mend the crack.  As best I can tell, it's held up just fine and I think I made that repair well over a year ago.

Edited by mickyg

18 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Hey Kuma, the most common issue that applies to all the Frontier Renewals is hip, shoulder and ankle joints that get a bit loose.  The other issue that I've noticed on at least one of my 4 is the joint under the fuselage, where the nose folds over itself.  On my VF-25G, I noticed a crack had formed.  So it's definitely something to watch out for.

Wish I could describe where this part is a bit better but I'm at work.  Do let me know if you need any further info though, as I can readily supply it later.

All these issues have been directly addressable for me by either tightening the screws for the joints or adding superglue or nail polish to them.  And with the nose hinge piece I mentioned, I used superglue to mend the crack.  As best I can tell, it's held up just fine and I think I made that repair well over a year ago.

Thank you very much for the detailed response! I'll definitely look out for these things and am glad that they're at least able to be fixed. I'll certainly shoot you a PM if I run into any issues and thank you for that as well!