Latest completed kit- VE-1 Elintseeker

Jefuemon

What I was hoping to be the last kit completed in 2012 actually turned in into the first kit for 2013. Oh well! Pretty much a straight forward build. Used pilots from the weapons set, and a Jasmine Models PE set.

post-12411-0-69453200-1358152180_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-48330000-1358152188_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-26336000-1358152198_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-42269200-1358152170_thumb.jpg

And as an added bonus, 98% of the Macross kits I've completed so far.

post-12411-0-40184500-1358152280_thumb.jpg

Is this a fully painted kit or part painted and part the original color of the styrene?

I ask as i see the lovely panel lines and i am wandering,if you fully painted the kit how did you do a full wash and rub the excess off or did you just add the wash to the lines with a brush?

I find a full wash weathers the whole lot but if you dont get the wash on the lines it tends to stain the areas it touchs which you might not eant that way.i understand that styrene can clean fully with a little thinners but on paint thats not advisable for the obvious reason it rubs the paint off.

So how did you wash the lines?

I think you did a great job but i am use to star wars etc where you can do overall washing but i see macross builders try to leave the nodels clean bar pick out the details.

Any tips.

I have a hasegawa vf1 battroid on my table and i look at the panel lines and they are soo tiny i couldnt pick them out without staining the paint and its ready for its top coat now.

Or did you preshade it,my airbrush isnt good for preshading as its not fine enough.

Thanks.

Beautiful and clean build! I think you got it just right for this type of craft. Just enough wear without looking like an old pair of jeans! I've always liked this variant. - MT

Fantastic work man. I've been thinking of buying one of these for a while instead of tracking down a V.1 since the V.2s are retardedly expensive.

Edited by Benson13

Is this a fully painted kit or part painted and part the original color of the styrene?

I ask as i see the lovely panel lines and i am wandering,if you fully painted the kit how did you do a full wash and rub the excess off or did you just add the wash to the lines with a brush?

I find a full wash weathers the whole lot but if you dont get the wash on the lines it tends to stain the areas it touchs which you might not eant that way.i understand that styrene can clean fully with a little thinners but on paint thats not advisable for the obvious reason it rubs the paint off.

So how did you wash the lines?

I think you did a great job but i am use to star wars etc where you can do overall washing but i see macross builders try to leave the nodels clean bar pick out the details.

Any tips.

I have a hasegawa vf1 battroid on my table and i look at the panel lines and they are soo tiny i couldnt pick them out without staining the paint and its ready for its top coat now.

Or did you preshade it,my airbrush isnt good for preshading as its not fine enough.

Thanks.

Kit is fully painted. I use Mr. Color paint for my kits, and before I would do a wash with very diluted Tamiya enamel paint, with no trouble (except for Bandai's VF-25, but I don't feel like going into that mess of a kit) with the plastic being eaten away.

Right now, I use a product called Promodelers' Wash-black. I've been using it for about 2 years now, and really like it, and I'm still on my first bottle. What I like about using that is it's very easy, and you can apply it over a properly set decal, so you can get the weathering effect over the decals, instead of a clean decal sitting on a dirty panel.

I have never done any preshading. Honestly, I don't like the effect it gives, but that just my personal opinion.

Nice custom indeed, and I can see the vf-4 camo shining at the bottom layer, haha

Original Musashiya. Saw that color scheme in "This Is Animation:Macross Plus" and couldn't pass it up.

post-12411-0-27658500-1358246063_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-27088700-1336873589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jefuemon