Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Tochiro

Well, well, things are getting very interesting! Now Pinion's got a BFG and I can only assume that'll mean trouble.

Ledo's understandably freaked out by the truth and for a moment there I thought we were going to get UNDERSTANDING but thankfully Chamber lays down some knowledge. It's funny that this faction called themselves the Evolvers when I would actually consider the Hideazue more of a devolution than anything else.

And now we have a cult. This could be fun. :)

I'm not sure if that's really Ledo's commander's suit that they have, 'cause uh... didn't he get crunched? I'll have to go back and watch the first episode again. It very well might be because I can't see a Machine Caliber going along with these cultists unless the pilot was with it.

Two more episodes. Here's hoping for a Grand Finale!

And am I the only one watching this....?

We never see Kugel's fate in the first episode. He just tells Ledo that he's staying behind with the last thing we see of him is his machine caliber heading in the direction of the Hideauze nest.

I'm extremely concerned at what the rather crazy looking characters accompanying Kugel are like. I think maybe they've made him into a kind of deity which could have bad consequences for Ledo. And Pinion needs Bellows to come back and give him a hard kick in the *ss

Pirate lady is back and I get the impression that Ledo's former commanding officer is not actually on that cockpit as advertised. Will Chamber and the other prove to be the final boss?Finally the showdown with the Gargantia convoy seems to be coming next episode

I wonder if the Hideazue, Earth and/or space versions, will still play a role in the story. I get the feeling the main cast, Gargantia or Earth will be the focus of the ending while the conflict in space will have no real resolution. Well, maybe mutual assured destruction or the Hideazue zerg rushing their way to dominance. It will probably leave us with a lot of questions on a worldbuilding context.

The VA of Pinion is Katsuyuki Konishi. Also acted Ozma Lee. Wow, really? Both are so different.

Amy's VA played Squid Girl before. I believe there is no relation between Hideazue and Squid Girl... degeso. :mellow:

Edited by antibiotictab

As we expected

Kugel was already dead and the AI in the Striker was calling the shots. I was relieved to see that Chamber is loyal to his pilot unless it directly contravenes Alliance policy. And Pinion managed to be useful for once (while pulling his hair down in the process).

Anyone else wondering what that key opens or activates?

Great show in the end. I really think there's a lot of potential to have sequel or the beginnings of a franchise. But knowing who's behind it, maybe not. Also...

Quite possibly the lowest casualty rate for named charachers ever in a Urobuchi show! This has to be a milestone.

Still, pretty sad about the last one though. :(

Great show in the end. I really think there's a lot of potential to have sequel or the beginnings of a franchise. But knowing who's behind it, maybe not. Also...

Quite possibly the lowest casualty rate for named charachers ever in a Urobuchi show! This has to be a milestone.

Still, pretty sad about the last one though. :(

They should have offed Pinion or even Amy, how dare they touch Chamber! He was the best character in this show!

Edited by Marzan

They should have offed Pinion or even Amy, how dare they touch Chamber! He was the best character in this show!

I agree.

For me, the real allure came in the latter half of the show when the juxtaposition of Ledo's highly advanced, cataclysmic technology began colliding with the forgotton history and technology on Earth. After seeing the end, I'm still not sure if a mass driver cannon is enough to protect against all perceived threats, and that makes me wonder about Chamber's final decision. Perhaps both support AIs were flawed and Chamber somehow understood that? Also, I know Ledo is technically part of the salvage team now, but that point seems as though it could use more detail, unless I missed something. I did enjoy all the ship-to-ship tropes from this season, there's nothing quite like a battle at sea.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...