Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

That profile shot of fighter mode is what I've been wanting to see and I gotta say it isn't flattering to me. It looks great from above and 3/4 view angles, but that in straight-on profile it looks kinda of chunky/stubby (that could be how it is supposed to look too, idk) and the wings seem to angle up...unless the wings are just not locked in in that picture. I'm no longer sure about this one either.

Chris

That article was a fascinating insight into what Kawamori was thinking when he designed the Valk. It's also nice that he expressed confidence in its transformation sequence - he apparently designed it to be "stress free" - and that while transforming the finished toy, he describes the process as feeling like shifting a well-made manual car transmission.

Of course, that could all be crap.

That profile shot of fighter mode is what I've been wanting to see and I gotta say it isn't flattering to me. It looks great from above and 3/4 view angles, but that in straight-on profile it looks kinda of chunky/stubby (that could be how it is supposed to look too, idk) and the wings seem to angle up...unless the wings are just not locked in in that picture. I'm no longer sure about this one either.

exactly like the Yammie 1/60 YF-19. Looks great from above, not so great sideways or from the front.

.... while transforming the finished toy, he describes the process as feeling like shifting a well-made manual car transmission.

likens transforming a valk to manual gear shifting ... well thats interesting, coming from the designer himself..

Oh, anyone else notice that on the Tamashii site the target release date is the 8th of May? Could that be a Google translation error?

Well, those photos were better than the previous ones, enough to make me bite. As long as I can get one of these without staying all night for - I'm just not going to go through that again. Lets hope there's some available in the morning for us in North America - otherwise I'll just wait to take my chances at release time. Either case, its not such a great loss on this one. Now, Ozma VF-25S I just HAVE TO GET - come on and re-issue that!

Google Chrome Translation, my friend.

THat's a pretty rough translation.

Even still. He does comment that the missile box could be removed and replaced with beam guns, radar arrays or even carry some form of troop transportation container.

He also states he had originally designed it to be colored in a digi-camo but it didn't look heroic enough like that.

Dont think so.....NY is already sending payment request....and you have to pay it before the 9th of may.

You're thinking of the Ozma YF-29. The YF-30 isn't available on NY.

Even still. He does comment that the missile box could be removed and replaced with beam guns, radar arrays or even carry some form of troop transportation container.

I am a big fan of the idea regardless of how it might seem awkward to people visually. It makes the yf-30 seem versatile. Regults had that idea too. GERWALK mode with that big box starts to make sense now. It's just gthe problem of how loose is it going to get?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I am a big fan of the idea. It makes the yf-30 seem versatile. Regults had that idea too.

I guess in the instance you would have the radar dish it would just never be stowed, always have that tail turned upward in deployment. I suppose you also could have additional packages attached to the two hard points closest to the body of the craft and when it transforms they would be attached to the forearms. That would make it look a whole lot like the Elint Seeker in Battroid actually.

Troop transport would just be a slightly different looking style of box really.

So, has anyone begun a discussion yet regarding the price of this toy? Is it reasonable? Unrealistic?

Yeah, I think its too much for a naked Valk, but what can you do? It's not worth it, but I'll probably still try to get it. I only wished my job had raises like these toy prices! I'm still a little disappointed from my Arcadia YF-19 purchase for the amount they asked for it!

Edited by wm cheng

Yeah, the costs don't seem to be going down any sadly, and I dont know if I can justify this one after a pair of YF-19s. If I see it actually available to purchase (without playing the F5 mashing minigame), maybe. But I'm not going to stress about it, because there's honestly too many features I don't like to make it a "must have" valk.

I never really even used it in the game unless the plot required it, since the YF-29s always seemed to top it in terms of uitility and looks.

I'm game, but will probably leave it in fighter mode only.

So, has anyone begun a discussion yet regarding the price of this toy? Is it reasonable? Unrealistic?

I think it was listed at about 200 USD. (MSRP)

Edited by Loop

If antibiotictab can find out how the front landing gear retracts without hitting the gunpod in fighter mode, that would be great!

The side profile seems to imply that it's impossible to retract the nose landing gear without removing the gunpod first. :(

that's nothing new for DX.

At least a few people had some of the silvery-grey plastic fracture, chest-hinge area and maybe thighs.

Yeah your right but compared to the triangles they are pretty minor.... ....and I forgot about them. ^_^

Not going to stay up late, or set an alarm for this one. It doesn't help that I'm not that enthusiastic about the design (although some of those fighter mode profile shots are nice) or I'm out of town w an 11 hour drive on Monday to get back home - sleep will rule the day for this initial pre-order window.

If anything I will wait till release to get a (1) copy.

-b.

Still not in the fence for this one. <_<

That T bar missile rack is killing it for me.

Was it so hard for Kawamori to make it swivel and take a more traditional FP shape, it would still be functional.

Piss poor photoshop attempt at what I mean.

That's a REALLY cool idea!

I think the wings in the back could/should fold more traditionally too.

Edited by Mommar