Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

YF-30 looks ok in fighter mode but that thing that sticks out the top when in gerwalk and battroid modes looks quite silly and out of place.. I'd probably only ever display it in fighter more if I end up buying one.. Or I might just give this one a miss especially at the price they're gonna be asking for it..

Edited by spanner76

Was wondering when someone was going to post pics from B_A_T_'s Photostream. Those/these pictures sure do show a lot more detail on this and Ozma's YF-29.

Still not completely sold on the design, but I like that the missile pod has opening doors for launch and a few other details that I was able to see more clearly.

-b.

Was wondering when someone was going to post pics from B_A_T_'s Photostream. Those/these pictures sure do show a lot more detail on this and Ozma's YF-29.

Still not completely sold on the design, but I like that the missile pod has opening doors for launch and a few other details that I was able to see more clearly.

-b.

I was a bit lazy recently :D

So when is it coming out again? And how easy will it be to obtain this? I hope as easy as the Luca VF-25.

I don't have time to hunt for this stuff and then if I am too slow, pay scalpers premium price.

After looking at GERWALK mode I think the extra kibble is no worse than a Valk with FAST Pack or VF-17 with its elbow guns sticking up. Fighter mode looks the best still. I think it would have been cooler if the missiles were something attached to the arms.

It does bring back memories of the regult.

And yeah it does remind me of legios. Maybe this will dock with a space booster haha.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So when is it coming out again? And how easy will it be to obtain this? I hope as easy as the Luca VF-25.

I don't have time to hunt for this stuff and then if I am too slow, pay scalpers premium price.

After looking at GERWALK mode I think the extra kibble is no worse than a Valk with FAST Pack or VF-17 with its elbow guns sticking up. Fighter mode looks the best still. I think it would have been cooler if the missiles were something attached to the arms .

From the pictures posted above, it looks like August 2014.

I was a bit lazy recently :D

Ha - all is forgiven.

If release is around August then I'm guessing the pre-orders should open in about a month (for some reason I think Bandai opens them up 3 months or so before release).

Anyone else please feel free to keep me honest.

-b.

I don't want this Valk... I need this Valk!... ^_^

Yeah... I'm not even a toy/model collector, and I'm impatient for this one to come out. The only other time that's happened for me was the WAVE 1/5000 SDF-1 Macross. I like the YF-30's aesthetics, and I fully intend to preorder one as soon as they open the preorders. ^_^

ooooOOOooohhhh yeah OK.

That is interesting. It almost looks like they're lowered to accommodate the shoulders doesn't it?

Well now I'm curious alright...

I guess so, since the official mode also has that crotch piece lowered and the intakes detached. While unique, I hope it doesn't affect the stability of the gerwalk mode much since it relies on the hip joints, which is notoriously famous for becoming loose in the bandai renewal toys (even my 25A has a loose hip joint)

yf-30_batt-garwalk.jpg

The head sticking out all funky in fighter mode for one. I'm also unconvinced the gerwalk mode is 100% how it should be.

the one thing I'm really concerned about is that this design seems to require that you rotate the legs 180 degrees on the ball joint which is just asking to make them loose.

Edited by anime52k8

Given every single mode isn't transformed correct here it's hard to tell what is and isn't supposed to be a certain way. The issue with Gerwalk and the intakes is that the intakes actually attach right where the shoulders are. Once those arms are folded out I'm not sure where the intakes could reattach to. Interesting to note there is a small swing bar in that flipped down crotch area so the legs might not have to rotate 180 like it appears. Like it or not, I still don't believe the intakes attach to the main body on this one as the top half is supposed to swivel in both Gerwalk and Battroid.

Yup, I just checked out the original Lego video and the intakes are not attached there. Could be explained away by it being made of Lego. However, I also checked out some video from the game on youtube.

http://youtu.be/yUiwsQrb-Vk?t=3m58s

There's clearly a gap between the fuselage and intakes there as well. That means, God help us, the weight of this thing will be held up entirely by those hip joints of which Bandai can NEVER get correct/tight. It will end up floppy, unless they've come up with some sort of mechanism to compensate. I personally have no faith in Bandai to do that.

Another interesting note. Although they're never used in game both that render Swoosh posted and on the original Lego video Kawamori clearly designed the YF-30 to have hardpoints as they're present in all footage.

Edited by Mommar

I wonder if the final product will be a bit more smooth looking in fighter mode. The one in the pictures Reïvaj leaves a bit to be desired in that aspect. The head turret sits at a weird angle and in the shoulder area there are a lot of uneven surfaces. I guess the edge where the wing root meets the main body is also present in the line-art.

Interesting to note there is a small swing bar in that flipped down crotch area so the legs might not have to rotate 180 like it appears.

that's just what bothers me. It looks to me that the legs and the crotch are in the same orientation in every mode and the swing bar is there to move the leg up and down the crotch. In that case the bar rotates 180 up and down with the leg rotating 180 to compensate.

that's just what bothers me. It looks to me that the legs and the crotch are in the same orientation in every mode and the swing bar is there to move the leg up and down the crotch. In that case the bar rotates 180 up and down with the leg rotating 180 to compensate.

That compounded with nothing attached to the intakes in Gerwalk probably means this thing will be floppy in no time. Provided Bandai hasn't come up with some new mechanism to counter it... since they can no longer rely on anything else but the joints. Or just put it on a shitty stand.

Edited by Mommar

Yup, I just checked out the original Lego video and the intakes are not attached there. Could be explained away by it being made of Lego. However, I also checked out some video from the game on youtube.

Another interesting note. Although they're never used in game both that render Swoosh posted and on the original Lego video Kawamori clearly designed the YF-30 to have hardpoints as they're present in all footage.

Actually, it's entirely intentional... that free-floating hip is something the YF-30 was designed to do. It can twist at the "waist" in GERWALK as well as in Battroid mode, giving the mecha a greater range of motion. (It's described this way in a couple of very brief articles about the design.)