Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

• 1 month later...

Many months later... 

Given the fact that this valk is four years old and some sites are asking 40k yen plus for this particular version based on the game "Macross 30",  my question is to those who still have the valk: Is it worth the 40k yen or not given all the issues that has been mentioned?

I'm now seriously considering in getting a copy and yes I have read and seen multiple reviews on this. 

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Many months later... 

Given the fact that this valk is four years old and some sites are asking 40k yen plus for this particular version based on the game "Macross 30",  my question is to those who still have the valk: Is it worth the 40k yen or not given all the issues that has been mentioned?

I'm now seriously considering in getting a copy and yes I have read and seen multiple reviews on this. 

I still have mine....what issues do you mean? :huh: 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Many months later... 

This is still a nice valk , I love my yf-30 .  Other than some paint QC on one of my copies , i did not notice other issues .

would I pay 40k for it? Probably not.  I won’t even pay 40k for any dx vf-31 right now.    The only one that I went 40k was the dx vf-31a but that was an exception.

You can wait til someone sells it on the for sale forum .  I saw some posting before . 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

See a few pages back about the arm joints, front landing gear and the gun pod handle. 

Maybe i can relate to the landing gear doors on tightness (or more like need to slide out before swinging), but wriggle it and apply focused pressure.
They pop open, no biggie....

Other than that, no, i don't encounter any issues on the yf-30. Or not anything that would stop me from getting the 30..

I think there were discussions before, the yf-30 was a missing link/bridge between the frontier 29 and delta 31 series of valks....
The container pod made its appearance in the 30, and then evolved to what is the 31A and the walkure valks...

That's reason enough to get the 30 as the representation for the evolution of the macross valks... 

of course, let your wallet decide too...

4 hours ago, enphily said:

For more than 30k yen any valk for me is easy pass

Agreed, but I've been known to make exceptions, when the Valk is exceptional -- the VF-0S PF, for example -- and the Chronos definitely qualifies.  :wub:

Chronos.jpg

Oooof... :vava:

I just took the plunge and ordered the Chronos early this morning, got both the confirmation and payment confirmation by emails from Amiami (due by the 7th of next month) for 32k yen to be shipped by SAL at 3,160 yen.

Condition of the unit if your all wondering: Item B/Box B

First expensive valk purchased, second in behind is the DX YF-19 (Full Set), third is the Yammie V.2 with the GBP.

Jungle has it for 38k yen sealed, Manda has one unit for 32k yen (not opened, dinged up box and noticeable) and the other 40k yen (unopened)

Proxy -  From Japan has one unit starting at 30k yen for a 3 day auction, while the others are 34k yen and up.

Will have it posted when I officially get it in hand.  

• 2 weeks later...

Half a month later and anyone wants another YF-30?

Manda has one used for 28k yen. Box heavily damaged and top lid of the packaging is missing. See pics for details. ;)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1119727231&ref=doc&dispCount=240&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

On 8/28/2019 at 7:33 AM, apptt4 said:

I love mine in all 3 modes. The missile bar gives it a unique aspect.

Also liked examining the engineering evolution from 25 to 30 and 31.

I suppose it would be the 27 to 30 to 31a

I much preffered the evolution from the 19 to 29 to 31

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes, those YF-30's go for ALL THE MONEY (first time I ever checked on one). Why so much? Did they not make very many?

Limited run and not many was made (has shown its age for a 4 year old valk as hairline cracks are present in the arm joints on some copies here on the forum). Made in conjunction of the Macross 30 Game.

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Limited run and not many was made (has shown its age for a 4 year old valk as hairline cracks are present in the arm joints on some copies here on the forum). Made in conjunction of the Macross 30 Game.

Roger that. Thanks

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Price went higher(?) after delta aired and folks saw the 31A, which became a fan favourite.

Being the valk the 31A kairos evolved from, the 30 has a similar silhouette.

Wasn’t the original look of these two from the YF-24?

96AA4884-34DD-4E9C-AE3C-1AEE42E7142A.jpeg

Yeah, although the 24 is listed as sucessor to the 25, i see kawamori-san revisiting elements of his designs and incorporating them in new designs.

Latest case in point, simplisticly speaking, is the 31 armor packs incorporating the gatling guns of the stampede valk design.

In a way also, as i think, realistically getting releases of past designs is highly unlikely.
So incorporating elements of older designs into new releases would be a way for kawamori-san to get those design elements out into the wild.

IMHO.

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

In a way also, as i think, realistically getting releases of past designs is highly unlikely.
So incorporating elements of older designs into new releases would be a way for kawamori-san to get those design elements out into the wild.

IMHO.

So if anyone wants a Chronos now, get ready to pay at least 40k yen if you want it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Chronos after nearly one month wait.

For 32k yen (Box B, Item B), I say its worth the hunt if your looking around for a copy. I know that there are some issues as this is a 4 year old valk, I haven't done a deep in depth investigation on my copy yet and will do one soon.

Back in the box it goes until I get a proper display case ready. I have the front landing gear issue on mine and rather not break it.

Here's a pic with Mirage's 31c + Super Pack add ons together and the Chronos.

DSC01652.jpg

6 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Congrats on purchasing an awesome valk @borgified

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Congrats @borgified!  She's a beaut alright.

Thanks guys! At least this one is a bit cheaper than the Karios and love the paint scheme.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Jealous.

I'm sure that you will find a copy within your price range... ^_^

6 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm sure that you will find a copy within your price range... ^_^

I've got me eye on a few. The 30-35K range seems pretty stable. I've spent some STUPID money on toys lately. I'm going to slow down a bit and only get stuff that is a really good deal (I'm mad I didn't jump on that Yamato Stealth 1/48 VF-1S w/S&S parts the other day). I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get the YF-30 in that $34-40K range at any time.