Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

52 minutes ago, Bolt said:

You’d think for the price we paid for the. Chronos and it’s slim a availability, there wouldn’t be stress cracks like this. Can they EVER design a vak without these old and reoccurring  issues ??

I have to agree that if we purchase this aftermarket price then it sucks. But if we got it from initial release, what’s the difference compared to getting the recent YF-19 in discounted PO price with a broken antenna? :rolleyes:

And like I mentioned before, though I forgot which thread, that what I really miss with todays toys is how solid the toys are back when we were kids. Nowadays, the more it gets too complex, the more it becomes fragile.

If they tried to use sturdy and strong materials to produce any complex toys, for sure we’re going to pay more. And that’s a given. ^_^ 

Anyone want a Chronos?? :ph34r:

Amiami has one right now at 34k yen however its listed as Item A/Box C (meaning the box is clearly damaged).

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-005738-R

Edit: There are some units that are also available at FromJapan (proxy) at buy it now from 43k yen [the lowest] up to 56,420 yen..  

Edited by borgified

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Amiami has one right now at 34k yen however its listed as Item A/Box C (meaning the box is clearly damaged).

Edit: There are some units that are also available at FromJapan (proxy) at buy it now from 43k yen [the lowest] up to 56,420 yen..  

I haven’t checked each recent transaction on YJA but I have a feeling that the after market price of the Chronos has crept up a little bit over the last few months? 

16 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I haven’t checked each recent transaction on YJA but I have a feeling that the after market price of the Chronos has crept up a little bit over the last few months? 

Jungle had a Chronos for 28k yen six months ago and before the web ordering remake happened (still doing a make over) it creeped up to 34k yen. If the website gets back up and running it might creep up to 36k+ yen. :blink:  

20 hours ago, Bolt said:

You’d think for the price we paid for the. Chronos and it’s slim a availability, there wouldn’t be stress cracks like this. Can they EVER design a vak without these old and reoccurring  issues ??

I hear ya!!!

On 12/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, borgified said:

Lol I saw this and clicked to go buy it and either its sold or the link is messed up

On 12/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, jenius said:

To be fair, this was a brand new mold and a lot of problems like this stem from assembly rather than design. The factory workers figure out quicker ways, use different tools, or apply pressure beyond spec, etc.

Ok, ok.. but

so what about the YF head laser..?

19 hours ago, optimuspint said:

Lol I saw this and clicked to go buy it and either its sold or the link is messed up

Its gone.. Someone must have been waiting the valk that badly. :o

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

Ok, ok.. but

so what about the YF head laser..?

It was a packaging issue that got the busted head laser not a design flaw. 

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

Its gone.. Someone must have been waiting the valk that badly. :o

It was a packaging issue that got the busted head laser not a design flaw. 

To me Yf 19 turbine intake hips should have a die cast inner structure instead of being made all of plastic. 

Hopefully all upcoming valks will have racheted legs. Cant remember if the 262 have this kind of joints

2 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Hopefully all upcoming valks will have racheted legs. Cant remember if the 262 have this kind of joints

Looks at my copy of the 262 Hs.. The knees are ratcheted , the joints are die cast. Some of the Masterpiece TFs have racheted legs (like MP-10, MP-13 and various others. Don't know about the upcoming MP-44 V.3 Prime).

I'll see if I can get a copy of the YF-30 and leave it in valk mode (no promises thought), although seeing the flaws now being present really sidelines it. 32k yen now is still a chunk of change for a 8 year old valk.

I think I just found my Christmas gift and just bought it, I always wanted this since I saw it cause of the design and color combination I think it looks stunning and ageless in all forms   :D

And with Item A and Box B literally the Valk is brand new and unopened , for the average price this valk is going on in other places I think this is by far the cheapest I can get it and brand new!,

So any advise / recommendation guys on what I need to take care off before handling the figure ?, 

image.png.2172ad9adfcd5fa36a1eeb998dfd4c03.png 

56 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I think I just found my Christmas gift and just bought it, I always wanted this since I saw it cause of the design and color combination I think it looks stunning and ageless in all forms   :D

And with Item A and Box B literally the Valk is brand new and unopened , for the average price this valk is going on in other places I think this is by far the cheapest I can get it and brand new!,

So any advise / recommendation guys on what I need to take care off before handling the figure ?, 

definitely be careful with the gunpod, both I and my yf-30's previous owner broke the handle off. it's quite a tight fit into/outta the hand.

5 hours ago, Alex GS said:

The head lasers and the head itself are very tricky when going from battroid to fighter.

In Battroid the chest has no locking mechanism unless you use the extra braces. So be careful how you pose it or handle it without the extra pieces.

When unfolding the missile pod the white paint on die cast will scratch.

When you fold down the jet nose when going to battroid there is still a pointy tip in front of the cockpit that you have to be careful not to scratch or bend against the chest cover during transformation.

You can use gerwalk without its new waist articulation, which I find very annoying. You can just unfold the legs forwards as in every other valk.

You dont need to use the locking mechanisms for the shoulders in battroid or gerwalk. Be careful when pulling out the shoulders cause they are stiff when new.

Congrats on the new valk!!

10 hours ago, apptt4 said:

definitely be careful with the gunpod, both I and my yf-30's previous owner broke the handle off. it's quite a tight fit into/outta the hand.

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

True Story! 

5 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

The head lasers and the head itself are very tricky when going from battroid to fighter.

In Battroid the chest has no locking mechanism unless you use the extra braces. So be careful how you pose it or handle it without the extra pieces.

When unfolding the missile pod the white paint on die cast will scratch.

When you fold down the jet nose when going to battroid there is still a pointy tip in front of the cockpit that you have to be careful not to scratch or bend against the chest cover during transformation.

You can use gerwalk without its new waist articulation, which I find very annoying. You can just unfold the legs forwards as in every other valk.

You dont need to use the locking mechanisms for the shoulders in battroid or gerwalk. Be careful when pulling out the shoulders cause they are stiff when new.

Congrats on the new valk!!

Thank all for your the heads up! much appreciated, will be careful with this one ... no promises thou :p

On 12/19/2018 at 8:05 AM, Alex GS said:

It that's the normal going rate for it now I am seriously thinking about selling mine.

5 hours ago, zzgundam010 said:

It that's the normal going rate for it now I am seriously thinking about selling mine.

it's a pretty good price on the current market for the condition... which is why I have to keep dreaming of one.:lol:

Edited by slide

On 12/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, Alex GS said:

Thank all for your the heads up! much appreciated, will be careful with this one ... no promises thou :p

With all the things they said, they’re just telling you not to play with your Chronos. Just look at it. Period. Hehehe. :lol:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Makes want to open mine again, by the way I want to mention, at first judging by the Box image I thought the valk was going to be completely white I mean the parts that it supposed to be white, but it  has this blueish , grayish mixed with the white color:

image.png.4931c6bc00764fb130490c6b6e90a547.png   

at first I was like hmm is this supposed to be the correct color ? I got a bit worried, then I saw the markings of "YF-30" that those are indeed completely white so yeah the color of figure must be right since if it was completely white those markings couldn't be seen, still  it definitely doesn't match the white color of the box in my opinion.  

As you can see here,(sorry for the bad quality), the YF 30 Marking in the box it can barely be seen: 

image.png.c19976fb85cf2efdac99a238bd94fa7e.png

I think I will stop nitpicking hehe :D 

Well. well, well... Look what we have here.

Since I've been on the DX VF-1J thread for quite sometime now and decided to go on Amiami for anything special, this was listed.

Another YF-30 is up for grabs (as of now) - Item A/Box B for 35K yen.

Someone's Macross Grail/Belated Christmas or Boxing Day present needs to be filled?? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As of my post on December 29th, Amiami has it as well. ;) 

Slightly cheaper than NY, however the prices of valks varies from store to store.

Manda has the YF-30 available as well (with other branches as well - look down the list):

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1025399946&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=マクロス Yf-30&lang=en

Seeing as how there's more talk about "gray market" Valkyries these days, I wouldn't be at all opposed to buying a third party attempt at a YF-30 if it had the VF-31's locking internals for battroid mode.

Actually, I do wonder what a VF-31A would look like with the YF-30's paint scheme and a head swap...

3 hours ago, Axelay said:

Actually, I do wonder what a VF-31A would look like with the YF-30's paint scheme and a head swap...

Would love to Photoshop it next time. But for now here's some pics (Including Jenius' Anymoon pic) of them together. ;) 

DYa2xt3VoAIdbe_.jpg.3d0581032b25f11b3770a2013a3912ad.jpg

Bandai-DX-VF-31A-7.thumb.jpg.f181e91a20c63ddc365041a0c153cd70.jpg

• 5 months later...