Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

On 15/08/2014 at 0:07 PM, anime52k8 said:

I know some people haven't even received theirs yet, but I'm already ready for some repaints:

post-4286-0-12808400-1408075641_thumb.jpg

post-4286-0-01717400-1408075640_thumb.jpg

I like that the first one looks like the CFA-44 from ace combat, and I love that the second one is purple.

yep, we really need a repaint

A re-issue would be fantastic.  I had to pay an obscene markup for mine and I want another to display in batroid mode.

I wonder if I'd have any luck with the pre-order though.  I still can't get an order in for the vf-31f!

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

yep, we really need a repaint

Seconded! I really like the black and purple one especially. Of course, if Bandai did make that, it would be lacking the gray on the leading edges and the camo pattern as well since they forgot them on Leon's YF-30. I had to paint the leading edge grays and the subtle pattern on myself since they neglected to do so.

15152131987_8e73d3d70e_b.jpg

If Bandai did another YF-30 I'd honestly want a renewal version that integrated the chnages made in the 31 to fix some of the dumb locking mistakes they made on the first release.  Of course I think they'd still need to include the brace for Gerwalk mode as I cna't see another way to lock the mechanism with the rotating hips any other way.

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Seconded! I really like the black and purple one especially. Of course, if Bandai did make that, it would be lacking the gray on the leading edges and the camo pattern as well since they forgot them on Leon's YF-30. I had to paint the leading edge grays and the subtle pattern on myself since they neglected to do so.

15152131987_8e73d3d70e_b.jpg

:wub:

Didn't notice that Chronos have camo pattern in the game.

I'd love to get a reworked YF-30 with the tails from the VF-31.. those things bug the daylights out of me to the point that I want to replace them. :huh:

Do like the weapons pod integration better on the 30 though.  It just looks like it fits in better.

Edited by Chronocidal

12 hours ago, chyll2 said:

The pod made sense for 30. The 31 has a lot of un - utilized space. The pod just ends up a large holder for gunpod.

True. A 'holder' that Kawamori missed putting it on YF-30 if ever you needed the missile pods open in Fighter mode. Funny that when I was playing the Macross30 game and seeing the YF-30 in fighter mode using the missile pod, you can see from under that the gunpod is just hanging in the air between the legs. :lol:

1 minute ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That was the one disappointment I had about the 30's design. There needed to be some middle ground though between not being able to have a gunpod equipped properly with the pod deployed and making half a pod into a glorified cup gun holder.

And knowing that Bandai loved to put extra parts/adaptors to hold certain modes, they couldn't even come up with an adaptor to use for the YF-30 for the gunpod when the missile pod is deployed.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

And knowing that Bandai loved to put extra parts/adaptors to hold certain modes, they couldn't even come up with an adaptor to use for the YF-30 for the gunpod when the missile pod is deployed.

They used up the budgeted plastic allotment for the 30 with that silly bracket for battroid mode.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Sildani said:

52000 omfg lol

this must be the premium finish version that comes with a pizza party for you and your friends with a special guest appearance by shoji kawamori

17 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

A quick search on completed sales on eBay show a range between 350-400

You can get a new one on japan yahoo auctions for around 300-320 USD shipped via EMS (using From Japan proxy). 

Considerably less if you get one that's used (i.e. transformed one or twice) or use a cheaper shipping option. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 10:37 AM, Mommar said:

Where did you find it?

A super tiny Hobbyshop called Negimo in Gunma, Jpn. Basically in the middle of ButtF--king nowhere , but only ~100 paces from my Wife's family home.

At first I thought being away from Tokyo would suck for my hobby shopping, but I've found the best hobby shopping I could imagine far away from Tokyo where there's way less competition.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:54 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

That was the one disappointment I had about the 30's design. There needed to be some middle ground though between not being able to have a gunpod equipped properly with the pod deployed and making half a pod into a glorified cup gun holder.

This really bugged me too. But I sort of justified it in my head-canon that holding the gunpod allows faster aim but lower power, whereas sticking it on the container makes it sort of an artillery mode with lots of power drawing directly from the fighter's thermonuclear reactors but with poor aim, so the container kinda has a use. Of course this has no basis in any actual source material as far as I know.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have advice or a trick to opening the bay doors for the front landing gear? Mine are in there TIGHT. There's 2 parts to opening the bay doors: pulling the assembly down (assuming the jet is rightside up), then opening the hinge. Opening the hinge is fine, but I feel like I'm going to snap the bay doors if I pull down too hard.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I have the same problem. What did you do?

When the gun was extended, the latch at the back end of the gun, that is used to mount the gun in fighter mode, was jammed inside the gun. So it blocked the interior opening for the gun to slide in and out from being extended. So I had to pry the latch out which took quite a while since the latch opening is very small. Hopefully you are able to fix your gun