Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Definitely my favorite right now, until perhaps when the VF-0D comes out. Really like the valk mode, I have not transformed it yet. I may have to get another to display in valk and battroid. Yes the pilot is like a BB in the cockpit.

I too have a feeling that the Zero-D will be my new favorite Valkyrie when it arrives! Love the delta wing layout over the swing wing design!

And yes the pilot figure of the 30 is just total junk.. looks like a badly painted piece of left over chewing gum. And it doesn't even fit properly in the cockpit. Very disappointing. Yamato / Arcadia definitely have the edge over Bandai with their pilot figures, although they aren't perfect either.. be nice if someone with a 3D printer made crafted a better version for us all to buy! Id definitely buy em! Shame I cant afford a 3d printer or I'd do it myself!

Edited by spanner76

I too have a feeling that the Zero-D will be my new favorite Valkyrie when it arrives! Love the delta wing layout over the swing wing design!

And yes the pilot figure of the 30 is just total junk.. looks like a badly painted piece of left over chewing gum. And it doesn't even fit properly in the cockpit. Very disappointing. Yamato / Arcadia definitely have the edge over Bandai with their pilot figures, although they aren't perfect either.. be nice if someone with a 3D printer made crafted a better version for us all to buy! Id definitely buy em! Shame I cant afford a 3d printer or I'd do it myself!

Agreed. Hell, a whole collection of pilots for Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai would be awesome.

>EXO<, where are you at buddy?

-b.

What do you mean with different? Different from the YF-29 gun or different from the gun you saw in the images in this thread?

it looks like it's from one of the yf-29s. It doesn't have the peg that flips down from the butt stock to stick to the missile pod in fighter mode.

it looks like it's from one of the yf-29s. It doesn't have the peg that flips down from the butt stock to stick to the missile pod in fighter mode.

Hmmm that sure is strange.. of all the Valks I own / owned, I've never had the wrong gun pod supplied. Maybe one got mixed in with the 30 lot by mistake. Consider it a lucky Valk and go buy urself a lottery ticket! ;) Well both guns look roughly similar anyways.. apart from Isamu's 29 gun is the only one that has a bayonet if im not mistaken?

Edited by spanner76

Hmmm that sure is strange.. of all the Valks I own / owned, I've never had the wrong gun pod supplied. Maybe one got mixed in with the 30 lot by mistake. Consider it a lucky Valk and go buy urself a lottery ticket! ;) Well both guns look roughly similar anyways.. apart from Isamu's 29 gun is the only one that has a bayonet if im not mistaken?

Looks like it was swapped with a YF-29 30th anniversary. Not the same but the plane is still badass.

Looks like it was swapped with a YF-29 30th anniversary. Not the same but the plane is still badass.

Depending on where you ordered it from you might get an exchange if the item is still available but I think the only shop where you could do this hassle (and shipping cost) free would be hlj... you might still get a partial refund at least.

That is a really strange thing to happen. I can't imagine that Bandai assembles two Valkyries in two parallel factory lines. Maybe your gun-pod was messed up and they had some excess stock form the YF-29 Ozma Custom lying around. :(

If they're not going to do the -30 game repaints next, they could at least do some more renewal -27's (Grace's, some from the 30th Ann game, etc).

I hope so. I really want one, seeing as in its history, it made its maiden flight on December 11 - my birthday.

Great design, too.

That black border really did bother me, so I decided to try to paint it with a traditional brush -even if numerous of you warned me not to use enamel paint!-

Ok, you were damn right guys, it was almost impossible to do it because of the paint would cover the "No Step" marks, but I tried and made a few mistakes, I tried to lighten the paint with turpentine and so on.

Finally I reached a result good enough to my taste. A few picks of it... Not the most beautiful painting job I admit ;)

post-15880-0-78498400-1414015996_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-42438600-1414016021_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-30284800-1414016027_thumb.jpg

That black border really did bother me, so I decided to try to paint it with a traditional brush -even if numerous of you warned me not to use enamel paint!-

Ok, you were damn right guys, it was almost impossible to do it because of the paint would cover the "No Step" marks, but I tried and made a few mistakes, I tried to lighten the paint with turpentine and so on.

Finally I reached a result good enough to my taste. A few picks of it... Not the most beautiful painting job I admit ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_5252.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5254.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5255.JPG

Great job! And I salute you for taking the chance on doing it. ;) Regarding the NO STEP markings, you can just get a waterslide decal somewhere that has a NO STEP markings and just reapply it to the wing. ^_^

And I guess, you're right. Adding a different shade of black on the wing really made a difference. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

attachicon.gifIMG_5252.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5254.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5255.JPG

That was brave of you to try that with a normal brush and use turpentine as well. I had a bit of a freak out when I did mine. not so much the light gray borders, but spraying the patterns on mine with subtle color differences. It took me several tries to find the right colors and used rubbing alcohol to clean off the paint after each retry. Unknown to me was that the alcohol had traveled up the panel lines and seeped under the masking tape and spread out despite my best efforts to press in the tape and seal it off.

So when I pulled off the tape, thinking I was done, there was a lot of paint that went with it or was all splotchy because the alcohol ruined it. I had to repaint the black and red painted areas and try to fix the SMS logo and "SMS 030" on the wings as best I could by masking and respraying and doing touch ups with a fine paint brush. That was horrifying.

I guess after your ordeal, you aren't going to try to do the lighter gray stripes on the tail fins and the canards?

The bandai paint was immune to turpentine solvent, so I had not that much hard time during painting. I got some trouble with the final matte finish, Tamyia spray did react a bit with the painting under the masking tape though, by chance I did spray only on the new gray bands.

I did the canards but didn't know for the tail fins, That's easy fix if there is no sticker there!

yup! this was the a real differentiator that led to me getting this version. well, this and because isamu dyson is da man!

That is a really strange thing to happen. I can't imagine that Bandai assembles two Valkyries in two parallel factory lines. Maybe your gun-pod was messed up and they had some excess stock form the YF-29 Ozma Custom lying around. :(

i bet they were swooshing the valks during break time! XD

Bandai has been strangely quiet on releases for MF at this point. Maybe after Luca is released.

maybe they're focusing on producing perfect grade gundam unicorns... and *ahem* rip off *ahem* led lights sets...

If they're not going to do the -30 game repaints next, they could at least do some more renewal -27's (Grace's, some from the 30th Ann game, etc).

and Brera's ghosts! c'mon Bandai!

Hi guys :D

At last mine came home this week :). It´s an amazing Valk no doubt! Nice transformation and really tight tolerances. Even the humpback can be almost completely folded into the main body without that "jump" if you are careful.

I have to say that I don´t like the matte paintjob. I would prefer it with the glossy paint, but I have to admit that it gave the Valk a serious tone. With the 171 missiles it´s quite menacing.

I didn´t need to use the braces for the normal Gerlwalk and Battroid. With the ugly "new" G mode it is needed... but I don´t like it so I won´t display the Valk in that mode.

post-16051-0-06794400-1414152241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

At last mine came home this week :). It´s an amazing Valk no doubt! Nice transformation and really tight tolerances. Even the humpback can be almost completely folded into the main body without that "jump" if you are careful.

I have to say that I don´t like the matte paintjob. I would prefer it with the glossy paint, but I have to admit that it gave the Valk a serious tone. With the 171 missiles it´s quite menacing.

I didn´t need to use the braces for the normal Gerlwalk and Battroid. With the ugly "new" G mode it is needed... but I don´t like it so I won´t display the Valk in that mode.

Congrats! The YF-30 is a really nice Valk, it has grown on me quite a bit.

The 2nd pic looks like Iron Man is trying to jump in and photo bomb the YF-30 photo. :lol:

Congrats on the YF-30 and Iron Man. ;) Btw, the 'new' G mode doesn't look that bad. It's not ugly at all in my opinion. Esp if you're not gonna use the swivel waist joint and just pose it as a regular traditional Gerwalk. You don't need the bracket for this one. ^_^

I don't think the Yamato/Arcadia missiles will fit since the center peg is too big on those, so you're pretty much limited to the missiles from the two 171 super parts sets.

If you want to get really ridiculous with it, you can plug the gigantic MDE bombs or reaction missiles into the forearm hardpoints :p

Congrats! The YF-30 is a really nice Valk, it has grown on me quite a bit.

The 2nd pic looks like Iron Man is trying to jump in and photo bomb the YF-30 photo. :lol:

Damn Iron Man photo bombing the YF-30

You know that dam* Stark... he can´t stand not being the center of attention ! :D

( ^_^ I took that pic to show the size differences to a friend. Sorry if I distracted the pics ! I He´s gone now... )

Congrats on the YF-30 and Iron Man. ;) Btw, the 'new' G mode doesn't look that bad. It's not ugly at all in my opinion. Esp if you're not gonna use the swivel waist joint and just pose it as a regular traditional Gerwalk. You don't need the bracket for this one. ^_^

Thanks ! :D

I had to say it, and I´m sorry if it seems rude in any way. I really don´t like the swivel base G mode. I think that the idea is quite great, but the base should be way bigger than that to feel more balanced in an aestethic way. The "legacy" G mode feels much more natural to me.

In any case, it´s just an opinion :D.

Sorry for the LQ pics (5.50 in the morning before going to work... but this bird have some SV-51ness that I can´t resist.)

post-16051-0-27067700-1414416755_thumb.jpg

post-16051-0-68437700-1414416783_thumb.jpg

You know that dam* Stark... he can´t stand not being the center of attention ! :D

( ^_^ I took that pic to show the size differences to a friend. Sorry if I distracted the pics ! I He´s gone now... )

No need to applogize, I think Stark gave the photo more personality.

Stark left huh? Probably because the camera was gone. ;)

I made this for anyone who loves this, I know I didn't steal anyone's pictures from here.
I have no problem making wallpapers and stuff with anyone on here's pictures.

Especially Saburo's! If he gives me authorization I'll go to town doing fun collages from the various models.

However it's time for some 30 Rock and Roll'!

YVb6nPk.jpg

I made this for anyone who loves this, I know I didn't steal anyone's pictures from here.

Especially Saburo's! If he gives me authorization I'll go to town doing fun collages from the various models.

YVb6nPk.jpg

That looks awesome!

PM'd you. :D

YVb6nPk.jpg

That looks fantastic! Are you able to send me a higher resolution image so I can use it as a pc desktop picture!?