Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I'll finally get mine when wheeljack ships this week haha

Check your e-mail for a payment request from HLJ! I was in nearly the exact same position, waiting for Wheeljack before shipping my YF-30, but I just got a payment request from HLJ. Paid and ready to go, it only added a dollar to my total shipping cost to include Wheeljack in the shipment!

Haven't clicked "ship" just yet though, my YF-30 can still sit in the warehouse for another 30 days, and I've decided to hope against hope that the VF-25F restocks so I can add it to my order. What will probably happen though, is that I'll just end up buckling and requesting shipping this weekend. :lol:

I was gonna post the same thing but you beat me by 3 hours.

This made me laugh more than it should have. :lol:

I ended up getting one, but when I discovered it needed an external support tab I decided not to take it out of the box. That sort of thing really, really turns me off of a toy, especially one this pricey. How floppy is it without the bracket piece attached? Is the bracket really necessary?

Edited by Magnus

I ended up getting one, but when I discovered it needed an external support tab I decided not to take it out of the box. That sort of thing really, really turns me off of a toy, especially one this pricey. How floppy is it without the bracket piece attached? Is the bracket really necessary?

Depends on the toy, and which bracket you're referring to (there's a Gerwalk bracket and a Battroid bracket.) Only one of my toys needs the bracket for Gerwalk mode. Both of them need it for Battroid. Some other people seem to have no problem with either modes.

Mine doesn't need it in Battroid-Mode and the conventional Gerwalk-Mode. The Gerwalk-Mode with the waist joint down has a sagging back but it is able to stay up as long as you don't touch it. I would imagine that it would sag over time without the support piece.

I think even the folks saying they don't need one might have different expectations from people with similar toys saying they do. Let us know your thoughts.

Could be. More likely in most cases it's just simply that the tolerances are such that some are made tighter than others.

Aren't the braces just to keep things from sagging or flopping around? On my copy, I didn't need anything to keep the wings from sagging down in GERWALK mode. They stayed up pretty securely. In battroid, the nose cone stayed butted up against the underside of the fuselage and didn't flop around with movement. In my case, the braces really were not needed and wasn't just a case of, "well, there's a tiny bit of sag, but within acceptable range so I'm not gonna bother with the brace." I probably lucked out on mine, so the standard YMMV warning applies.

The question would be if you played with your toy would you still view the braces as unnecessary? In my case, the brace can be ignored in all modes if I want to just get one pose and call it a day. If I want to pose my toy for a while, like doing a photo shoot, and will be handling my toy quite a bit, the braces prove quite handy.

Edited by jenius

When I was doing my photo shoot for it, transforming it around, and putting it in different poses, there honestly wasn't any point where the braces would have provided me any real benefit.

It's just like the wing pegs for 171EX. Some people had theirs pop out just looking at them funny. Mine never came out on their own and, in fact, I had to struggle to pull mine out so that I could change the wings.