Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I see. Since you have the item on hand, any chance that it be hard to repair the pelvic joint once it becase loose? Is it easy accessible with screws? Thanks. ;)

I think so. The pelvic area requires a downward push to disconnect from the main body during transformation, and if I remember correctly, it's held by a pair of screws at the back. Correct me if I'm wrong though...only transformed it last night.

Edited by Shukenzero

Does the chest section, neck plate and back plate lock into anything in battroid mode or does it just fold over the cockpit section and held by friction?

The chest locks. The optional holding piece will make sure it holds and then it is solid to swoosh around.

If much rather have two girls fighting over me one being a hot idol singer with a big rack, then a DX.

But priorities.. And reality lol.

True, but if it were macross you would be emotionally inept and wouldn't get either of them. You have better odds with the dx.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The chest locks. The optional holding piece will make sure it holds and then it is solid to swoosh around.

I'm glad to hear Bandai finally implemented a locking mechanism for the chest. I still wish the back plate locked into something too for a more definitive transformation.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think it's funny how for the last two years there's been a lot of "pass, it's silly looking" talk on this thread and now it's suddenly ,"Holy!!! I have to get at least two!"

that's bc the silly looking missile comes off and it looks great without it. i still think it looks dumb w the missile rack in battroid.

Nice. Swoosh, you have cemented yourself in the history of the YF-30 release. Competent , pleasant pictures of a new release. Very enjoyable. You have made the wait tolerable! Could you take some detail pics of how the nose cone transforms, and sits in battroid? Maybe a step by step focused on that area? Your braceless gerwalk photos establish the lack of need for said brace, but I am still curious about battroid.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I think it's funny how for the last two years there's been a lot of "pass, it's silly looking" talk on this thread and now it's suddenly ,"Holy!!! I have to get at least two!"

that's bc the silly looking missile comes off and it looks great without it. i still think it looks dumb w the missile rack in battroid.

Agreed. Similar to the complaints about color, line art accuracy, whether it could fly in real life, hip to waist ratios and every other little thing folks tend to obsess over before a release.

I'm just happy that the early reports have this as a very solid release and that those that may want multiple copies can actually get them without breaking the bank by spending more than suggested retail 2 days after the Valk comes out.

-b.

Got my payment request from HLJ. I'll likely drop it in the PW for at least a month in order to have time to contemplate if I want to add anything else for combined shipping... I'll definitely be vicariously admiring the thing through all the pictures and reviews posted here, but I can wait to have mine in my hands.

Now, Bandai, bring on the alternate color schemes!...