Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Errrrr, I am not used to handling with Chogokins. :wacko:
There were no instruction books and I didn't know how to trasform it. At least it was different from that of the VF-25s.

It looks like (in the video) you had to take the missile box out to transform from battroid to the other modes. Is that true, or just that it came off during transformation?

The latter.
The staff said it was just a prototype and easy to be off.

That's what Kawamori said it was supposed to be like.

(personally, I think the VF-25 is a not too difficult to transform valk once you know what you're doing.)

Edited by anime52k8

Thanks antibiotictab! ;)

I was hoping to see how the transformation on the pelvic/nosecone area just to have sense on how secure the pelvic is in battroid mode. i guess, that's what the 'display stands' for. :lol:

That's what Kawamori said it was supposed to be like.

(personally, I think the VF-25 is a not too difficult to transform valk once you know what you're doing.)

I hope his statement is right ^_^

seems pretty secure since he looked to have been holding the entire toy by just the hips at one point.

The only thing that really bothers me about the design is where the hips sit. They've got the pelvis angled forward to give it the characteristic frontier era crotch thrust look, but by doing that it's put plane the hips are on WAY out in front of the plane the head sits on. coupled with the fact that you've got the shoulders sitting behind the head it makes the whole thing look like it's leaning backwards in battroid mode when viewed from the side.

dxchoyf303.jpg

the more I think about it, the more I realize the VF-25 has kind of the same thing going on and I'm not sure if it's just bad poseing/angle that's putting too much enphasis on it with the YF-30, or if the VF-25 having a more vertical structure makes it look more natural.

You know, if they could integrate the design well to still look good in fighter mode, I wouldn't mind some kind of giant beam cannon attachment that folded over the shoulder to fire. :)

Or four huge missiles. :D

It would be cool if additional weapon bays are transformable as well for more play value. :)

The only thing that really bothers me about the design is where the hips sit. They've got the pelvis angled forward to give it the characteristic frontier era crotch thrust look, but by doing that it's put plane the hips are on WAY out in front of the plane the head sits on. coupled with the fact that you've got the shoulders sitting behind the head it makes the whole thing look like it's leaning backwards in battroid mode when viewed from the side.

So, it basically mimics Isamu Dyson and Guld Bowman's posture? :D Can't find a screenshot, but most folks should know what I'm talking about.

Still bitter that I missed the preorders for this thing, I hope I can nab one around release time for a halfway decent price.

So, it basically mimics Isamu Dyson and Guld Bowman's posture? :D Can't find a screenshot, but most folks should know what I'm talking about.

Still bitter that I missed the preorders for this thing, I hope I can nab one around release time for a halfway decent price.

Seeing the Ozma 29 prices, I hope the 30 isn't

going to get jacked up for everyone who hasn't snagged one yet. I'm hoping to buy a second also.

Edited by Shukenzero

Guest davidwhangchoi

My credit card transaction bounced and I received a call from my bank that thought the transaction was suspicious. Has anyone dealt with CDJapan? When do they receive payment for preorders?

they are solid (reputable company), just do it through creditcard via paypal and if your bank calls, just approve it. it's common with new foreign transaction to get a call from a bank. (i get that for every new place i shop from)

CDjapan asks to pay right away. but they also let you cancel and will refund you immediately in the original form of payment without hassle.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

they are solid (reputable company), just do it through creditcard via paypal and if your bank calls, just approve it. it's common with new foreign transaction to get a call from a bank. (i get that for every new place i shop from)

CDjapan asks to pay right away. but they also let you cancel and will refund you immediately in the original form of payment without hassle.

Thanks for the clarification. I have cancelled my order. I just spent a bunch of money on the YF-29 Ozma and a combined HLJ shipping order. I'm going to have to wait on the YF-30 as I don't have another $200 to drop on a preorder. Good luck to everyone else.

My credit card transaction bounced and I received a call from my bank that thought the transaction was suspicious. Has anyone dealt with CDJapan? When do they receive payment for preorders?

Yeah, when I checked out, the credit card process seemed kind of wonky. They don't charge it right away do they? I thought Paypal only required immediate payment?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, when I checked out, the credit card process seemed kind of wonky. They don't charge it right away do they? I thought Paypal only required immediate payment?

i believe that's correct. but i use paypal as the extra layer of protection as i don't trust putting my cc info on those type of sites.

it's still up on CD japan for those hunting for one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

no it's the same availability in terms of pre-orders. ozma was open all night on cd japan... everyone's just cheap and holding out for the best deal... including myself :D

now the shortage that hit on delivery was something new...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just joined the party and checked out those pics and the video. As someone else mentioned, this shares a lot of torso transformation cues with the VF-4. I'm curious how they get the nose back into fighter position, since it looks like the waist is in the way...it was out of frame just as he was about to maneuver it. I forget who pointed it out, but I agree that the hips sit too far forward in battroid and ruin the alignment, which spoils the whole aesthetic, especially when viewed from the side. On the VF-25 the upper torso should tilt forward so that the hips and the head are in line. I suppose you could do the same with this, but then it'll always look like it's suffering back pain. I haven't really been a fan of this design from the beginning, and seeing the actual toy just cements my opinion. Not one of Kawamori-san's better designs, IMO. However, for those of you who like it and end up getting one or more, I hope it's a great toy and you're satisfied with it. Post enough pics of it in all kinds of dynamic and flattering poses, and I may find myself regretting not getting one.