Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

GERWALK mode looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass. The waist 'swivel' means that the intakes aren't locked in right? I'm thinking "floppy mess".

Yeah, I pointed that out a few pages ago. I've been concerned about that for awhile. Unless Bandai have come up with some strange way to "lock" the hip at the joint as a compromise. The ball joint is surrounded by metal on this one instead, so it looks a bit different from the 25/27/29/171 models.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i agree i don't think so either.

-game that's not widely popular as the frontier series:

-missile rack

-priced more for an obscure valk

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I honestly don't believe this one will be as popular.

i agree i don't think so either.

-game that's not widely popular as the frontier series:

-missile rack

-priced more for an obscure valk

Hopefully you're both right, especially for those that are really hyped for this release. The YF-24 might be a good indicator as a Valk that wasn't as sought after, it wasn't as hard to get as other Renewals but it still sold out at pre-order pretty quickly.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, let me make a distinction...

no matter what.... the pre-orders will go instantly. and people will be upset for a 10 sec window. and everyone will fall for it saying yes! they got one or two blah blah etc... and there will be angry people how missed it. (that won't determine whether this is popular or not) at least for the first wave of pre-orders. then NY will bring a second wave with an incremental hike in price which people will bite on and will sell out then a third wave with a jacked up price which people will count how many is left.

that happened with every release so far including the 171's which are garbage and the 25a mass production which as still avail.

what usually a telltale sign is how much NY jacks it up the price by the 2 or 3rd wave and also if there is restocks like at cd japan.

i'm going to predict all this is going to happen but at release these will be still avail at cost or lower.

Guest davidwhangchoi

^ok, cool

-b.

are you getting one? i'm still on the fence...

the only thing that attracts me is the maker on the cover. his endorsement makes it feel... legit :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm getting one because I like the design. Only thing I'd like them to have done was make the missile pod removable, so it could be replaced by other mission packs, like guns, large missiles, or an ELINT package.

And because of the way the pack curls around when it's deployed, anyone else think a better name for would have been "Scorpion?" Granted, it's not as... evocative as Chronos, but still.

are you getting one? i'm still on the fence...

the only thing that attracts me is the maker on the cover. his endorsement makes it feel... legit :)

Well truthfully the OCD collector in me is gonna hit the submit order button once it's available ( B))), but I'm not a huge fan of the design (yet). I'm betting that like the YF-29 it will grow on me - especially once I have it in hand.

I hear you, I've always thought it was cool how much Kawamori seems to be involved with the franchise, especially the toys.

-b.

ok, let me make a distinction...

no matter what.... the pre-orders will go instantly. and people will be upset for a 10 sec window. and everyone will fall for it saying yes! they got one or two blah blah etc... and there will be angry people how missed it. (that won't determine whether this is popular or not) at least for the first wave of pre-orders. then NY will bring a second wave with an incremental hike in price which people will bite on and will sell out then a third wave with a jacked up price which people will count how many is left.

that happened with every release so far including the 171's which are garbage and the 25a mass production which as still avail.

what usually a telltale sign is how much NY jacks it up the price by the 2 or 3rd wave and also if there is restocks like at cd japan.

i'm going to predict all this is going to happen but at release these will be still avail at cost or lower.

Thanks for that advice. It's so tiring to us normal people who can't be on the screen all day/night just to buy these things. It's like trying to win a auction.

I've decided not to buy anything above the usual prices because to me I want that money to go to arcadia instead even if their prices are getting ridiculous too. (it seems like they need it more than bandai.)

Do you recommend buying the VF-25A cannon fodder? Is it plagued with probs like the vf-171 cannon fodder?

I plan to buy one with the fast packs.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Of all the variants I saw I think I like this the most. The other ones where red and black right IIRC.

Thanks for the link

I wonder if the release will include the missile loadout or will they separate that for a tamashii web release. OR expect us to use the 171's loadouts.

I hope Kawamore designed more weapon bays for this one so that we could get and add-on set that has one or two more of them plus an custom loadout for the Chronos.

Thanks for that advice. It's so tiring to us normal people who can't be on the screen all day/night just to buy these things. It's like trying to win a auction.

I've decided not to buy anything above the usual prices because to me I want that money to go to arcadia instead even if their prices are getting ridiculous too. (it seems like they need it more than bandai.)

Do you recommend buying the VF-25A cannon fodder? Is it plagued with probs like the vf-171 cannon fodder?

I plan to buy one with the fast packs.

The 25A is the complete opposite of the 171CF. It is the best bandai frontier valk to date in terms of its make.

The only part of the VF-171CF that was prone of breaking where the small black triangles in the shoulder assembly. They where the same as on the VF-171EX so Bandai maybe gotten a bad batch of plastic for those. Other than that I don't remember that it had other issues like loose joints. I think someone commented on the VF-171 that the joints where frighteningly stiff and I can second that because the hips on mine are very stiff.

Maybe the paint rubbing but that is present on all Bandai Frontier Valkyries. However it is nearly as bad as on the V1 Messiahs and mostly due to bad design desiccations like painting the top of the nosecone of the Valkyrie instead of casting it in the right color. But I haven't heard reports that someone damaged the paint on the nosecone of their Super VF-27 which is a good sign. Oh and there where micro scratches on the wings but they where so small most people don't recognized them.

The most obvious issue with the line where loose joints but my VF-25A has nothing of that which is weird because of mold degradation it should become looser with further usage of the mold. It might help that the VF-25A doesn't have tons of armor for dress-up and huge accessories. On the other hand the hips on my VF-25G where loose when I transformed it the first time so maybe Bandai really tightened up the tolerances.

The VF-25 has problems with upwards bend wings in some cases which might come from the way they are packaged.

To sum the major QC issues it up:

• All Bandai Frontier Valkyries have issues with paint rubbing
  • The VF-171CF (and only the CF) has black triangles in the shoulders that explode
  • The YF-24 family has problems with loose joints

Let's see what problems the YF-30 has. ^_^ It seems like the free floating hips in Gerwalk-Mode are a feature not an overlook but that could lead to many YF-30s that can't stand up on their own. Good that Bandai always includes a stand with their releases. :D

Edited by Scyla

Love fighter. Battroid looks neat but that side view... Like that Kawamori is using new transformations but I wish he would also experiment new things with the wings. Since Frontier all wings have been just lazy huge ass back kible. Those things should fold or do something more thant just hang in the back.