Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Hahaha... The Chinese guy(s) did that...

The rules will become more stern... *facepalm*

I felt so strange that the guests for the stage need their own IDs (including passports!), but I just recognized the reason why...

If that's the case I hope it can be stowed in Battroid mode because it looks really silly from some angles.

In battroid mode as in fighter mode it will be folded in to become part of the rear body... look back a few pages of this thread and you will see what I mean. ;)

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

In battroid mode as in fighter mode it will be folded in to become part of the rear body... look back a few pages of this thread and you will see what I mean. ;)

It can stay attached to the mount in all three modes and transformation. Kawamori showed it in the Lego model transformation. But the Chronos can theoretical equip different weapon bay layouts (i.e. stuff like the beam gun or dare I say a giant speaker pod :D). If it is detachable the Bandai might sell different layouts as an add-on set because the YF-30 doesn't has a Super Parts.

On the other hand it might be beneficial if it can detach nevertheless. Even if the piece is very lightweight I might be more comfortable to take it off during transformation because the leverage of this piece alone might stress the joints when dangling around in a way that make them break. Which leads us to....

hope that thing is diecast, it be suck if is fragile.

I hope it is not. the weapon bay sits at an angle where any die-cast content might wear the joints down. I hope it is as lightweight as possible. It would be nice if the mount of the weapon bay can be locked into place with a support strut (like the back of the Renewal VF-25s) so that it takes weight away from the joints.

In this image it looks like the missile hatches can open to reveal missiles which is pretty cool

vsrAHBL.jpg

It also looks like it has all the markings from the game. They where missing in the CAD images.

Can someone read the sign in front of the toy?

It looks awesome from that angle. The wings don't look that bad but I would really wish that Kawamori made the tail fins to slide up. On the other hand maybe the Battroid-Mode loses all maneuverability if the tail fins have now room to move. ;)

Edited by Scyla

Is it strange that the legs are what appeal to me the most about the YF-30? I just love the more classic looking VF-1-ish lower leg look.

Nah. I'm a leg man myself and the thread finally delivers! Lovin these pics but I need more B))

Good to know I'm not the only one, haha.

Now I have ZZ Top's "Legs" song stuck in my head!

Onto more serious matters...

I like the idea of the weapon bay for the YF-30, though I'm not a fan of its look in Battroid mode. However, I've learned in the past that the best way to judge a figure is to have it in hand.

I think Battroid looks only good in certain angles. In the CAD pictures we saw earlier it has very strange proportions when viewed directly from the side. It looks like the letter "H".

That said you don't have to display it so you can see it from the side. I certainly won't. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm sure fans of the game are used to it but i need more time to get used to battroid (looks busy), i will stare at the pictures for a week.

i'm sure fans of the game are used to it but i need more time to get used to battroid (looks busy), i will stare at the pictures for a week.

Really? Other than the missiles over the head (and possibly the wings on the back) I feel like this is one really holds together as a whole more in the vein of the VF-1.