Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Wow.... I´ve just convinced my wife that "there was no more Valks to buy in the near future" and you came with this !

Damn... I´m not going to need a new shelf.... I´m going to need a lawyer ! haha

I´m playing the game by now, but I don´t have the Chronos yet... I´ll be more excited the moment I get it, no doubt!

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

God damn it!!! I thought I was out of the plastic plane crack by default... then they had to make a new one...

To the lineart experts: is the design just a 25 with delta wings and the missile thing or does it have more to it. I do have to say that I'm a bit sick of the wing backpacks in battroid.

God damn it!!! I thought I was out of the plastic plane crack by default... then they had to make a new one...

To the lineart experts: is the design just a 25 with delta wings and the missile thing or does it have more to it. I do have to say that I'm a bit sick of the wing backpacks in battroid.

I believe the cockpit/fuselage transforms differently, but it still does have the frontier style wing backpack.

Though I'm not sure myself and just referring to this picture

IMG_0587_zps56c48dcc.jpg

The arms don't rest in the center of the jet while in fighter mode, they are at the side, similar to the sv-51. The center is occupied by the missile launcher. Not sure about the rest. There was a video showing Kawamori transforming a lego model of the Kronos

I haven't played the game so I don't know much of the design. I was liking everything until I saw the side view profile, what the hell with the wings? looks like a freaking cape.

I don't know why Kawamori has dedicated to make from the 25 onward his valks the opposite of what they were meant to be, "giant robots to fight giant aliens" including hand to hand combat, they have those dumb knifes so hand to hand combat is something they expect to do more, but those folded wings are like giant bullseyes to critically damage its variable nature and what would happened if the thing were to be kicked and fall on its back, the thing would be worst than a turtle, it can't roll. Anyway, this is just science fiction.

Looking at it as a toy, hope it comes with very strong hip and backpack joint to distribute all that uneven weight, those folded wings are gonna take also a lot of shelf space.

Hope they add more pictures of at least the prototype to see more of this side profile before nov.1st. I like the fighter design a lot!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

undecided on it....i may just pick it up for frontier (ish since this i a game valk) completion....loving the fighter mode...battroid may take some getting used to. man im ready for a new series and new aesthetic though. this frontier styled stuff i think has finally run its course with me. give me a sleek plane that turns into a beefy bot, not some anorexic looking evangelion influenced thing.... any series or OVA planned in the near future? seems macross is fizzling out. 30th anniversary didn't get a new production....just a video game. :-(

New pic

1384131_10202433576624318_1248558081_n.j

Is it me or doesn't the tailfins go the other direction in batt mode? Either way I'm there!

I believe the cockpit/fuselage transforms differently, but it still does have the frontier style wing backpack.

Though I'm not sure myself and just referring to this picture

IMG_0587_zps56c48dcc.jpg

I guess it's just an error in the magazine preview. Just gotta wait till the unveiling.

Something to consider. Now that the arms aren't tucked underneath, and the fact the missile box is straight up the middle, how is Bandai going attach that gunpod?

Also related to that giant missile box up the middle. The YF-30 is as back heavy as the 25/27/29 series but that box covers up the area where they normally have the brace to keep everything from drooping in Gerwalk.

Also, looking back at the old prototype pics there's something else about it that makes it look so good... it's matte. I'll bet the actual toy will be glossy like the rest.

Edited by Mommar

undecided on it....i may just pick it up for frontier (ish since this i a game valk) completion....loving the fighter mode...battroid may take some getting used to. man im ready for a new series and new aesthetic though. this frontier styled stuff i think has finally run its course with me. give me a sleek plane that turns into a beefy bot, not some anorexic looking evangelion influenced thing.... any series or OVA planned in the near future? seems macross is fizzling out. 30th anniversary didn't get a new production....just a video game. :-(

Uh it DID get a new...ish production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MKRU2OgjMlw

And considering they just LOVE to put stuff out for the anniversaries, I expect we'll get something for the 35th Anniversasy... in 2017. :)

...and suddenly the head design look ugly...

Can someone with the game somehow take a close-up pic of the head.

I think to same, is more prefer the VA-3 has better transformation, VA-3 is ugly but the YF-30 is very much ugly

Edited by MILKAUTICO

And suddenly looking for my VF-25G to make all things current became meaningless.

Its going to be a fight to reserve one of these when theyre announced. Hope you all will have your battle gloves on.

I dont know if it was ever mentioned previously, but doesnt the shape of the YF-30 remind anyone of the CFA-44 Nosferatu from Ace Combat 6?

Edited by XFJ-01A

Aha they finally announced this, nice! Let's face it gentlemen, our wallets will never be safe!

any series or OVA planned in the near future? seems macross is fizzling out. 30th anniversary didn't get a new production....just a video game. :-(

Not that this is much consolation to the fan base outside of Japan, but there were plenty of new productions, just nothing much in the way of new anime.

-a game set a year after the event of Frontier.

-a musical featuring the Macross 29 fleet and, among other characters, Lolli's granddaughter.

-a concert that revealed that Alto is still alive post-Sayonara no Tsubasa with possible hints towards an untold story.

-FB7

(Too many events and Bluray remasters to count)

This is, for better or worse, in line with the whole trams-media approach that Kawamori likes and is using with the upcoming production of The Fool.

Again, small comfort to international fans, but Kawamori is on record saying that he wants to expand Macross across an ever expanding range of mediums in the future as well.

But this is a topic for another thread.

TOYS!